New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Bartlett Pond- Essex County  (Read 1426 times)

Offline thecreature

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bartlett Pond- Essex County
« on: Dec 17, 2013, 09:37 AM »
I was thinking about trying to hit Bartlett Pond in Mineville. Has anyone ever fished it? Any suggestions?

Offline pikeman3033

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Bartlett Pond- Essex County
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2013, 12:18 PM »
I fished Bartlett once last year with Nitzer. Got a couple largemouth and a few dink sunnies. We went there because we were told there were pike and tigers in there but a local we met on the ice said he had never heard of a tiger being caught there before. Couple flags but not too productive. We could have just been in the wrong spot too though.

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2013, 03:07 PM »
Pike and tigers in there the tigers are few and far between though.      If you can get out around the bend to the right that would be a good place to start
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline S and K fishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2013, 04:20 PM »
I live about 5 miles from there fished it ever since I was about ten yrs old. They use to put tigers in every couple years, but it seems the stocking program has died off. I have caught quite a few tigers in the past, but few and far between the last five years or so. You still can have a good time with the pan fish. I always have the best luck down the right shoreline about 40 yards from shore. Start probably 3/4 of the way down the pond. Not a lot of flags could go days with none, but still holds some big fish.
Sean

Offline thecreature

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2013, 07:49 PM »
Thanks for the info! Might give it a try in the next week or so. Will post results if I give it a try.

Offline woodsy57

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2013, 11:28 AM »
I live right in Moriah fished the pond my whole life. Used to see a lot of tigers come from there when I was young, I think it hasnt been stocked in years though, still the off chance of getting a nice one from there. No pike in there, never have, seen or heard of pike caught in there. Lots of bass, and some really nice ones. I've caught a few 6 pounders with a good 2-3 pond average. I think the trout the state stocks in there make for some good bass forage. Lots of small panish, and a few nice perch if u can find them between the sunnies.

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 2013, 01:34 PM »
pikeman, that was a good time if i remember!! it was like almost 50 degrees, i have a pic of me sitting in a chair in shorts i think. (or boxers) hahahaha... we caught alot of bass, some good one too. thank god we had out buddy.....weiser!!!!!

Offline pikeman3033

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2013, 10:52 AM »
Yeah man, it was a super warm day. You have that pic of me sleeping with a bud in hand lol

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2013, 01:37 PM »
yup!!! forgot about that one....if I knew how tyo put it up on here, I would! lol

Offline pikeman3033

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2013, 01:48 PM »
Well i'm glad you don't then haha.

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 20, 2013, 01:32 PM »
awww, but its a really good picture pikeman!!!!!!

Offline Mr.Esox

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep it hard
« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2013, 04:35 PM »
The last time I caught Tigers in there was 1993 it was a good lake for numbers but the size were small. It hasn't been stocked in over 10 yrs forget it. Go to Lincoln pond both are in there.
Mr.Esox

Offline thecreature

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 20, 2013, 06:03 PM »
Which side of Lincoln would you suggest?

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 21, 2013, 04:01 PM »
either or. a lot of "hammerheads" though. nothing huge. catch em constantly all year round in there. if monsters are what you're after, I would go to paradox. some nice 20+ lb'ers in there

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.