Author Topic: Washing fishtrap cover?  (Read 2312 times)

Offline Iceman Cometh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Walker
Washing fishtrap cover?
« on: Dec 03, 2002, 01:49 AM »
I have a slght emergency-the cats peed all over my fishtrap cover-can I take it to the local car wash and wash it without it losing its waterproofing qualities?
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite." --- William Blake

"There are things known and things unknown...in between are THE DOORS." --- Jim Morrison

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
Re: Washing fishtrap cover?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2002, 03:40 AM »
kim the same thing happened to my buddy a couple of years ago.We contacted USL and they said soak it in a mild detergent(we used dishwash soap),rinse it out and air dry.We soaked and rinsed it in a clean garbage can (it was warm out) and air dried it on the fence.You could probably do it in a large sink or tub and hang it in the basement.  LoneWolf
Those who are brave are free ..

Bigjake

« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2002, 11:53 AM »
Man good luck getting that smell out.  :-[  Are cat decide to mark some of my hunting gear. The best was a soak in cap of vinegar and water. Then a wash in regular soap and water.
You might want to spray with camp dry after washing to water prof.  The vinegar works pretty well try that.

Jake

Offline JerryofWNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2002, 01:21 PM »
Kim,
Leave it the way it is and you won't have to worry about anyone drilling their holes right on yop of you. LOL  
"Earth................. ...................... ... it's a dangerous place to live."      
        Chainsaw

Offline Iceman Cometh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Walker
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2002, 10:24 PM »
Thanks guys your advice will help-we almost had two new cat skins for the wall-just kidding-and I did think about leaving it the way it is so I could have the lake to my self(lol)-loved your comment,have to tell my fishin' bud that one!-but I got to clean it -now I don't worry so much about the carbon monoxide coming off the coleman lantern I use, as much as the embarrassment of my family when they are told I died from urine affixiation on a frozen lake-oh well, at least I would've went happy!
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite." --- William Blake

"There are things known and things unknown...in between are THE DOORS." --- Jim Morrison

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2002, 06:03 AM »
I'm sure that's a LOVELEY smell!!! :-X :-X :-X

Timmerp

« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2004, 09:41 PM »
Cat's make good bait for Pike!!!

Offline Hardguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 26, 2004, 09:19 AM »
Depends on the color!

Offline Hardguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 26, 2004, 09:21 AM »
Does any body know if the fishtrap II cover will fit a Guide?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.