Author Topic: Fish Trap Owners  (Read 1328 times)

Offline tommyboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fish Trap Owners
« on: Sep 22, 2004, 09:40 AM »
After many bitter cold days out there on the ice, I decided that I am definitely going to get another shanty this year for when I am going out solo.  I have a Clam 5600 for when the wife comes along, but that's not something I am willing to drag out the middle of Oneida by myself.
So here's my problem - After last winter, my truck got totaled and my replacement jeep died, and to make a long story short (aka the wife won), she got the new car this time and I took her wagon.  For those of you that have already pulling your gear out, what is the take-down-size (LxWxH) of the scout and the pro models.  The only thing I could find on the web was the shipping size, and I dont plan on taking the entire thing apart and putting it back in a box every time I come in off of the ice.

Thanks for your help.

And as a sidenote, it got down to 25 degrees last week in Saranac Lake... 2 1/2 more months and Franklin Falls should be ready to go!!

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Fish Trap Owners
« Reply #1 on: Sep 22, 2004, 11:20 AM »
Tommyboy,
    Why don't you call Paul Fabian at 612-325-2415. He works for Clam (fish-trap) and will be able to help you out.
      Bean
Ken                                          

GEM_EYE_GUY

« Reply #2 on: Sep 22, 2004, 11:33 AM »
Truck got totalled?
Jeep died?
Wife got the new car?

Man, you should write a country song!

Offline kerosenecounty17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • kc17 - NE WI
« Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 2004, 09:38 PM »
tommyboy - I don't have either of the models you're looking at (I've got the 1998 + or - trap), but I bought Pa the scout last year for Christmas.  The shipping size is almost exactly the same as the take-down size.  Length and width are exactly the same.  Height is about the same, but could possibly be a couple inches higher.  They can't break down the tub itself for shipping, so they ship all the pipe, tarp, seat, bolts, etc. stuffed into the tub to try to minimize shipping as much as they can. 

GEG  - If his dog dies, then he's got a country song.

kc17

"An ounce of biology is worth a pound of tackle."

-Gord Pyzer

Offline Polar

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Sep 24, 2004, 03:09 PM »
I have an older style fishtrap and the measurements are approximate. 44" long , 38" wide , 17" high
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an  well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, A fishing pole in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming \"WOO HOO, what a ride!

Offline tommyboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Sep 24, 2004, 03:47 PM »
Thanks for your help guys.  And the dog is doing fine for now, so no country song just yet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.