The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: St. Paul Ice Fishing Show  (Read 6437 times)

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Watch my rod while i pee...
Re: St. Paul Ice Fishing Show
« Reply #30 on: Nov 27, 2011, 03:15 PM »
now the only question is do i go on sat before everything gets picked over.... or do i go sun while they are giving deals and more willing to bargain..... when is the majority of the ice members going to be there?

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #31 on: Nov 27, 2011, 03:30 PM »
 :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: I'm not!!!! Three buddies can't make it now....guess I'll go play with my bobber... >:(
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Nov 27, 2011, 04:31 PM »
What Reb? I was expecting a Minnersoter bobber from the show!
Guess I'll have to use my New Hampsha bobbas instead.
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #33 on: Nov 27, 2011, 04:40 PM »
I know, I know, Guinea, but ya know Surfy's coming later, Rick's truck blew up in Canada, a buddy in Wisconsin's wife is sick, and now my neighbor friends wife is working and says he "has to babysit"...go figure.  ::) I'm low on cash anyway, nothing I was going to buy in the first place, and the F-150 Hawg sucks the gas...I just wanted to meet all the guys and have a good time, maybe a snort or two and some good food after the show. Been to it 6 times now, probably not much new...*sigh* If ya PM me your address, I'll send ya a Minnesota keychain AND a bobber... :woot:

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #34 on: Dec 01, 2011, 08:34 PM »
I sat at that through that entire show for several years at the Iceshanty booth....

Here are some tips for you from my experience..

1)DO NOT attempt to be the first one there! You will fight to park, stand in line, and be crowded out. This is especially true on Saturday. Show up a couple hours after open after the first wave of crazies goes through. You will not regret it. No one starts running out of stuff till late Sunday.

2)Buy your beer and food from the folks in the Roy Wilkins side. It is better chow and cheaper.

3)The River Center Ramp is not that bad unless you ignore tip #1! I got my X-cab long box GMC in and out of there no prob. The Smith/Kellogg ramp works good too. You can sometimes grab a spot in the lot between the excel center and the Smith/Kellogg ramp too. There is sometimes weekend parking at the travelers building, there are two lots behind Dorthy Day Center, Google "lawson ramp" and "victory ramp" too. St. Paul is about the most parking friendly big city I have ever been in.

4)The seminars and speakers are worth listening too. Watch the clock and walk over to the wilkins side before they announce it. The seats fill up fast!

5)There is always a snow storm on Sat night.... :D

I'm not sure if I will head down or not. I may have to sit a year out to make it fun again. ;D

servocam

« Reply #35 on: Dec 01, 2011, 10:12 PM »
Anyone too excited to sleep?   ;D

I see there is a Wild game tomorrow night... think I may pick my son up from school and get down there by 4pm to get a parking spot.

DATE                    VISITOR   HOME  TIME (CT)
FRI DEC 2, 2011   DEVILS    WILD   7:00 PM   

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #36 on: Dec 02, 2011, 02:07 PM »
BIG STORM SATURDAY!!!!! 6-8" BLOWING SNOW!!!! Never fails, does it, guys?! :%$#!: Be careful out there!!! Watch for the yayhoo's!!! SPADED, maybe ya BETTER take that monster mudder outta mothballs..... :woot:

rickl1968

« Reply #37 on: Dec 02, 2011, 02:30 PM »
BIG STORM SATURDAY!!!!! 6-8" BLOWING SNOW!!!! Never fails, does it, guys?! :%$#!: Be careful out there!!! Watch for the yayhoo's!!! SPADED, maybe ya BETTER take that monster mudder outta mothballs..... :woot:

See there's always a reason.  ;)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #38 on: Dec 02, 2011, 04:10 PM »
You're right, Rick!!! I'm just gonna gonna put my feet up and enjoy some drinks with the buddies....got WAY too much stuff anyway!!! Here's to ya!!!!  ;)

rickl1968

« Reply #39 on: Dec 02, 2011, 06:40 PM »
You're right, Rick!!! I'm just gonna gonna put my feet up and enjoy some drinks with the buddies....got WAY too much stuff anyway!!! Here's to ya!!!!  ;)

LOL im drinking a Canadian! Cheers buddy!

servocam

« Reply #40 on: Dec 02, 2011, 06:46 PM »
At the show right now. Not very busy.  Didn't find anything yet other the the concessions, have my 7yo son with who will eat $40 in food if I let him.  The CB honey brandy shots are good.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #41 on: Dec 02, 2011, 07:07 PM »

HA!! you can set your clock to that snow storm!!!! Every year I would close down the show on Sat night and fight a snow storm all the way home. I think I usually rolled in the yard at about 2am!! St. Paul to Milaca is about 1.5 hours on a sunny day with the radar detector on....

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Dec 03, 2011, 12:29 AM »
haha rebel, i think i might be heading up tomorrow.. but i will be in the new trail blazer i picked up, just signed a 3 year loan for it so i hope i dont freakin put her in the ditch!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #43 on: Dec 03, 2011, 12:53 PM »
Servocam....you went to the show last night, right? How was it?

servocam

« Reply #44 on: Dec 03, 2011, 06:26 PM »
Servocam....you went to the show last night, right? How was it?

I found t a bit dull  :(  Maybe because I really wasn't there to buy anything or look at anything specific.  Was not very busy. Got down there around 4:15 and left at 8.

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Dec 04, 2011, 10:37 AM »
dull???  i found it overwhelming... we got there around 11 am or so.. and it was packed! there wasnt any new space age jigs or anything i havent seen before but it was still cool to experience the whole thing.. i think i spent more at applebees on the way outta town then i did actually at the show. but i will be going again next year thats for sure

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #46 on: Dec 04, 2011, 11:28 AM »
WHERE'S MY KEYCHAIN??!  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:   Was it what ya expected? First time is usually overwhelming, just like...er, never mind.  :whistle: Easy way to spend bucks, isn't it? See many bargains, or was it like we figgered?

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #47 on: Dec 04, 2011, 03:25 PM »
I'll agree, too. Six years or so in a row...I just wanted to hook up with some folks. I guess if you've been there a lot, have a lot of gear, it gets kinda like "regular shopping", at least to me. Never have seen a great bargain there, except on lures. Just my opinion.  :unsure:

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Dec 04, 2011, 09:06 PM »
i got your a free keychain from Christian brothers rum of something another lol i was going to get you a ice fishing bikini team calender but the girly wouldnt even let me get one  >:(

and yeah, there were a few deals to be had, i got some rapalas for 2 bucks each,and i bought this camera flash flashlight thingy ma-bob to charge your jigs, the guy offered to give it to me 5 bucks off, but i offered to pay full price if he they in a 15 dolla decal for free.. he took the bait.. hook line and sinker- sucka! lol

Offline minntrapper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Dec 05, 2011, 03:06 PM »
My son and I enjoyed the show.  Even the wife tagged along for the first time.  We berely beat the snow storm home...not that we had all that far to go.  I think Santa is bringing me an eskimo 9416 this year.  Nice sized shack for the $$.  Saw a lot of Jiffy propane augers leaving.  Personally, I was eyeing up the Eskimo shark Z71 10".  Seems like a nice auger.  But it is hard to justify replacing my Mag2000 after this many years of abuse and never missing a beat!
An angler is a man who spends blustery days sitting around a hole in the ice doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #50 on: Dec 05, 2011, 03:15 PM »
My son and I enjoyed the show.  Even the wife tagged along for the first time.  We berely beat the snow storm home...not that we had all that far to go.  I think Santa is bringing me an eskimo 9416 this year.  Nice sized shack for the $$.  Saw a lot of Jiffy propane augers leaving.  Personally, I was eyeing up the Eskimo shark Z71 10".  Seems like a nice auger.  But it is hard to justify replacing my Mag2000 after this many years of abuse and never missing a beat!

Any idea what the wanted for the Jiffy propane augers? They're pretty pricey normally, no discounts I've seen. :icefish:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline minntrapper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Dec 05, 2011, 03:19 PM »
I honestly didn't look.  Just saw a bunch leaving.  Probably should've checked, but really wasn't in the market for an auger this year.  The Eskimo auger just caught my eye while I was waiting for my wife to get a pop at the concession stand by Joes sporting goods... lol 
An angler is a man who spends blustery days sitting around a hole in the ice doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Offline Hagigun

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "...It's the reckoning."
« Reply #52 on: Dec 05, 2011, 04:44 PM »
The propane augers I saw were the identical price you normally see. 520 for the 9 and 10" and 500 for the 8". I went to Joes on Saturday and saw them about 20 bucks off of that, cheapest I have seen them 480 and 500.

The show didnt seem to have any great deals. Ice armor suit for 220 was about the best. After you figure in parking and entry, i almost felt entitled to buy otherwise it was all for not. I just picked up a few lures and jigs. Nothing crazy.

Looking back, not sure i'd go again unless i really wanted to look at something. You can find better prices almost everywhere on the net or with our sponsors.

I went Friday and can't speak to the deals you may find on Sunday.
Why?
....Because I can't can't Golf with Ice on the lake!

Offline minntrapper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Dec 05, 2011, 04:50 PM »
The Snobear girls were worth the price of admission  ;)

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Dec 05, 2011, 06:17 PM »
The Snobear girls were worth the price of admission  ;)

AMEN!!!!!!

Offline yoslick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Dec 05, 2011, 07:09 PM »
Made er there around noonish on saturday and stayed till 5 or so, was kinda dissapointed in the prices, no deals to be found, Aqua Vu booth was a joke, no parts or cameras, they just wanted to brag about the new cell phone sized viewer.. Picked up a few glow jigs and headed for home, course it snowede like crazy and took me 2 1/2 hrs to get home....  Some of them ice girls need to lay off the tanning booths a little, looked like smoked tulibi !!   lol
DCC(SW/MTS) US Navy retired 75-95

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #56 on: Dec 06, 2011, 10:47 AM »
AMEN!!!!!!

If ya woulda told them I WAS coming, they probably woulda given ya that calendar... :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Dec 06, 2011, 12:00 PM »
If ya woulda told them I WAS coming, they probably woulda given ya that calendar... :roflmao: :roflmao:

yeah..... or they would have gave me the same restraining order they gave you~ ! lol  :whistle: :callcops:

so how much longer till we are walking on water you think?

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #58 on: Dec 06, 2011, 12:17 PM »
I believe I've always walked on water.... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: I think it will be a lot sooner this year than any others....if we talk "Zumbro", "LOTW", (not Lake of the Woods, "lake of two walleyes") I'd say right after Christmas....  :whistle:

Offline dcso3009

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Dec 06, 2011, 01:32 PM »
Any idea what the wanted for the Jiffy propane augers? They're pretty pricey normally, no discounts I've seen. :icefish:

I got mine at Reed's for $440 for the 10".  I heard they where sold out by 1:00 Saturday.  I tried to shop around, but Thorne Bro's told me to go buy the one from Reed's for that price.  They would not match it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.