The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: St. Paul Ice Fishing Show  (Read 6436 times)

Offline bbmonkey

• Team IceShanty Regular
St. Paul Ice Fishing Show
« on: Nov 17, 2011, 10:49 AM »
I can't believe there hasn't been a post about this yet.

Who is going?

Is there going to be apparel for sale at the Ice Shanty booth?

I will be heading out there on Friday after the kids get home from school. Hopefully this year there won't be a snow storm.

Who has parking tips. I am not going to pay event parking this year. I need the money to buy plastics and jigs at the show.

Offline akwawe

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: St. Paul Ice Fishing Show
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2011, 05:12 PM »
I plan on going, will be my first time.  Brining my new Cabelas credit card!

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2011, 10:37 AM »
it will be my 2nd trip down there even if i have ice to fish on i'll be there !!
Hard Ice

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2011, 12:46 PM »
This will be my 7th year..lots of posts on the main board. Got folks headin down from Ontario, Wisconsin, NH, the Dakotas, Illinois. We'll be posting times/meet spots/cell #'s on the main board. Parking is a zoo, best to head 3 or 4 blocks away to one of the local watering holes...they'll park ya and charge, but ya get it back at their establishment later. If you have a nice vehicle, do NOT put it in the ramp across the street, the spaces are about 1/2 car wide and it's packed. No way would the new F-150 4x4 Hawg fit in there...ain't gonna happen!!! Bring money, if you want a pop and hot dog, that's usually 7 bucks. Burgers are 5-6 bucks each. Expect to wait in ticket line at least 1/2 hour or more...usually stretches down the halls and out the doors. Not really any place for the kiddies...it's elbow-to-elbow, and ya can barely move at times. if you have difficulty standing/walking like I do, bring a small folding chair, because there's no place to sit and take a break. Best deals are on Sunday before close....hope the tips help!!! Any more needed, feel free to PM me.  ;D
Rebel
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline SKilo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2011, 02:07 PM »
Have they posted who will be speaking and at what times yet? These watering holes, any chance you can name some and they actually let you park in their lot the whole time your at the show?

I've been wanting to go for the last handfull of years but it seems like something always comes up but hopefully not this year.

servocam

« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2011, 03:34 PM »
I'll be going; try for Friday nigt w/ my son.  Was at the FLake GM Ice Expo today.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2011, 03:40 PM »
Have they posted who will be speaking and at what times yet? These watering holes, any chance you can name some and they actually let you park in their lot the whole time your at the show?

I've been wanting to go for the last handfull of years but it seems like something always comes up but hopefully not this year.

This is an expo for the manufacturer's, it's not like the Sports show. I've never seen speakers at it, other than product demos. You'll have to hunt around for your watering hole; it's not "publically noted", since very few spaces are available anyway. Sorry!! Kinda one of those lucky things ya run into sometimes.. ;D

Offline Beefer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 19, 2011, 04:32 PM »
I think your best bet will be to check the parking structure north of the River Center on the corner of Kellogg and Smith.  I would be surprised if many businesses around St. Paul will let you park there while you are not spending your money on them.

surflizard

« Reply #8 on: Nov 19, 2011, 04:37 PM »
Affinity Productions who is putting on the show is only listing Venders, no speakers on the show info page ! There has been a thread on this since September ??

Offline SKilo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 19, 2011, 04:50 PM »
This is an expo for the manufacturer's, it's not like the Sports show. I've never seen speakers at it, other than product demos. You'll have to hunt around for your watering hole; it's not "publically noted", since very few spaces are available anyway. Sorry!! Kinda one of those lucky things ya run into sometimes.. ;D

No problem when a guy finds a sweet deal like that you gotta keep it on the DL. ;) I could of sworn they had different fishing pros speaking at the show over the years but I'm probably confusing it with something else.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Nov 20, 2011, 09:21 AM »
Nope, Surfy, I've never seen any speakers at the Ice Show in all the years I've gone, just at the big Sports Show up there in March, which I think folks are getting confused with each other. As I mentioned, this is basically a vendor show for all their new gizmos and gadgets. Best show I've seen up there are the Ice Girls... :woot: >:D

Offline SKilo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 20, 2011, 01:09 PM »
December 3 - 5, 2010 at the St. Paul RiverCentre in St. Paul, MN. This year's show will host more exhibits than ever before. Join us at the St. Paul RiverCentre to shop more than 150 exhibits with products and services dedicated to the die-hard ice fishing and winter sports enthusiast. The show will feature tons of all-new products at a variety of price points to fit any budget. Whether you are an avid fisherman looking for a few new accessories, an experienced angler in need of an upgrade, or totally new to the ice fishing scene, you will find what you are looking for at this show. All-new ice fishing products include: fish houses, augers, underwater cameras, digital fish finders, rods and reels, tackle, accessories, apparel, and much more!

Show Hours
Friday: 1pm – 9pm
Saturday: 10am – 7pm
Sunday: 10am – 5pm

Ticket Prices
Adults: $8
Children 6-12: $4
Children 5 & Under: Free

Visit the Team Iceshanty in booth 414

Entertainment / Seminar Schedule ***SCHEDULE SUBJECT TO CHANGE***

Friday, December 3, 2010
Show Hours: 1:00pm-9:00pm

2:00 pm “Ice Formulas for Sunfish & Crappies”  “Tackle Terry” Tuma 

3:00 pm “The System” Ice Fishing for Success  Dave Genz 

4:00 pm ”Ice Trolling” Find more fish, cover more water, and put more fish on the ice!  Tony Roach 

5:00 pm ”Tactics for Early Ice Success”  Scott Peterson 

6:00 pm The First 30 Days” Prepping for the Season & Early Ice Walleyes James Holst In-Depth Outdoors 

Saturday, December 4, 2010 
Show Hours: 10:00am-7:00pm

11:00 am ”Tactics for Early Ice Success” Scott Peterson

12:00 pm “Kids on Ice” Ron Hustvedt

1:00 pm The First 30 Days: Prepping for the Season & Early Ice Walleyes James Holst In-Depth Outdoors 

2:00 pm ”The System” Ice Fishing for Success Dave Genz

3:00 pm ”Walleyes on Ice” ”Tackle Terry” Tuma 

4:00 pm ”Ice Trolling” Find more fish, cover more water, and put more fish on the ice!  Tony Roach

5:00 pm ”Women on Ice” Holly Chow

Sunday, December 5, 2010
Show Hours: 10:00am-5:00pm

1:00 pm “Walleyes on Ice” ”Tackle Terry” Tuma

2:00 pm ”The System” Ice Fishing for Success  Dave Genz

3:00 pm ”Women on Ice” Holly Chow

Click here to visit the 18th Annual St. Paul Ice Fishing & Winter Sports Show website.

I guess I meant seminars not speakers and I might be wrong here but according to Ice Shanty they had the following seminars last year. Now I haven't made it to a show yet so I can't say for a fact that they had them but I would like to find out if they are this year because if not I'll only head down for the day rather than make a weekend of it.

Not trying to get in a pissn contest here just really confused at this point.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Nov 20, 2011, 03:35 PM »
No contest going, SKilo!!! I'll be danged!!! I watch the seminars at the Spring Show, but have never seen one in the winter!!! They have to be upstairs in the seminar halls, where they are in the Spring...and to think I thought they were closed up there in the winter!!! How did I miss these? Come to think of it, I WAS talking to Ted Takasaki a couple years ago about a presentation....hmmmm. ..!!! Thanks for posting this!!! I stand corrected and admit I made a mistake!!! Everyone, ya can blame me!!!!  ;D

PS...Where did you find it?!

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
« Reply #13 on: Nov 20, 2011, 07:20 PM »
they have seminars and speakers all weekend, if you go to there website they will have a list, I know Dave genz does speakings every day

I DONT CARE I STILL BLEED PURPLE AND GOLD, SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14 on: Nov 20, 2011, 07:25 PM »
Did you bother to take the time to read my above post?

surflizard

« Reply #15 on: Nov 20, 2011, 07:34 PM »
On the original st paul show thread, we were discussing where to meet up at the show seeing there isn't a IS booth there this year and stumper suggested the Otter outdoors booth at the bottom of the escalator, any thoughts ?

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16 on: Nov 20, 2011, 07:38 PM »
That would be ok, but it's usually so packed  down there...how about at the doors straight out from the escalator on the first floor? Kinda in the south corner (ticket window end) of the floor? That would be at the "head of the line" area, off to the left side....

rickl1968

« Reply #17 on: Nov 20, 2011, 07:43 PM »
Im not sure what time I may get into town, so if you PM me your cell # I can give you a call when I get in.  :)
Then we can meet up somewhere they sell beer.  ;D

Offline SKilo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Nov 20, 2011, 08:15 PM »
No contest going, SKilo!!! I'll be danged!!! I watch the seminars at the Spring Show, but have never seen one in the winter!!! They have to be upstairs in the seminar halls, where they are in the Spring...and to think I thought they were closed up there in the winter!!! How did I miss these? Come to think of it, I WAS talking to Ted Takasaki a couple years ago about a presentation....hmmmm. ..!!! Thanks for posting this!!! I stand corrected and admit I made a mistake!!! Everyone, ya can blame me!!!!  ;D

PS...Where did you find it?!

Cool! I didn't want to step on anyones toes around here. You had me thinking I was loosing it  :cookoo:so I searched last years show but without having been there I really couldn't figure it out.

I sure hope to make it this down this year!

Offline bbmonkey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Nov 20, 2011, 08:46 PM »
Could someone link to the other thread? I can't seem to find it.

surflizard

« Reply #20 on: Nov 21, 2011, 07:06 AM »

Offline zip7111

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Nov 22, 2011, 01:12 AM »
Does anyone know if they have deals on portable ice shacks at the show?  I need a new 1 man before ice.  Thanks,
steve

Offline philk

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just chasin that 12# eye
« Reply #22 on: Nov 22, 2011, 10:07 AM »
Here is the seminar schedule

2011 Ice Fishing & Winter Sports Show
Seminar/Entertainment Schedule
Friday, December 2, 2011
Show Hours: 1-9pm
Time Topic Guest Speaker
2:00pm “Ice Formulas for Sunfish & Crappies” “Tackle Terry” Tuma
3:00pm “Bass Fishing 101” Keith Johnson
4:00pm “Power Ice Fishing” Tony Roach
5:00pm “Time Tested Tournament Tactics” Tony Boshold
6:00pm HOT ICE CHALLENGE CONTEST
7:00pm “Power Ice Fishing” Tony Roach

Saturday, December 3, 2011
Show Hours: 10am-7pm
Time Topic Guest Speaker
11:00am “Walleyes on Ice” “Tackle Terry” Tuma
12:00pm “Bass Fishing 101” Keith Johnson
1:00pm The First 30 Days: James Holst
Prepping for the Season & Early Ice Walleyes
2:00pm “Power Ice Fishing” Tony Roach
3:00pm “How to effectively use Spring Bobbers” Greg Wilczynksi
4:00pm HOT ICE CHALLENGE CONTEST
5:00pm “Power Ice Fishing” Tony Roach

Sunday, December 4, 2011
Show Hours: 10am-5pm
Time Topic Guest Speaker
12:00pm “Power Ice Fishing” Tony Roach
1:00pm HOT ICE CHALLENGE CHAMPIONSHIP
2:00pm The First 30 Days: James Holst
Prepping for the Season & Early Ice Walleyes
3:00pm “Bass Fishing 101” Keith Johnson
***Please note that all times and topics are subject to change***

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23 on: Nov 22, 2011, 02:58 PM »
Thanks, phil.

Offline slabkiller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Nov 22, 2011, 09:04 PM »
FYI- I have worked the show for the last number of years, even before affinity took it over. They tried to merge the powersports (snowmobile show) with the ice fishing show and since then most of the sled vendors gave up on it so it is pretty much all ice fishing now except for a few strays. The stage is in the back (Roy Wilkins) area across from where Korkys Outpost's big booth is. The speakers talk for 20-30 minutes pretty much hourly. Some repeat. After listening to virtually every one over the last 3-4 years I can tell you that some are sleepers and others are quite good. Dave Genz isn't flashy but he can be informative. The electronics reps always do a good job. If you get tired, go sit in this area when there is or isn't a speaker. It is a little quieter here. There will be mfgrs booths and retail booths where you can buy just about anything. Friday is OK, Saturday is a zoo and Sunday is a little quieter. Some things might get a little picked over by Sunday, mostly in apparel. Otter, Clam and Eskimo drag down a semi load of product to be available for the retailers handling their lines so you won't see every retailer having shelters set up due to limited space. If they run out, they will ship to you for free. So if you are coming in a mini Cooper and you are looking for a big Otter shelter, go on Sunday and chances are that you can get yours shipped to you for free. I know that there will be shelters, augers, tackle, apparel, boots and trailers at the show. Some prices are fixed by the mfgr and others are not. I think the better deals tend to be in the back (Roy Wilkins) where it is not as crowded, but it depends what you are looking for. Shop the whole thing before buying. Also, many mfgrs will give you something for free like a cap if you buy their product from a retailer at the show. Just ask! As for parking, if they have the Kellogg lot with the shuttle again it only costs $5 and the buses run frequently. There is plenty of room there to park pickups there. I too would avoid the ramp across Kellogg. I hope this helps.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25 on: Nov 22, 2011, 09:57 PM »
Great post slabkiller!!!! YAY!!!  :clap:

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Nov 22, 2011, 10:03 PM »
Oh, that sounds like so much fun!!!! I'll be there in spirit. 

But since I can't be there, I'm sending a Lizard from the east coast. I'm hoping he brings me back a keychain or something. (Hint hint...I know they have freebies at those things!)
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27 on: Nov 23, 2011, 05:06 PM »
I'll pick ya up a bobber.  ;D  (Actually, very few freebies that I ever see)

Offline TEAMGRIPPER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Nov 23, 2011, 08:00 PM »
This will be my 7th year..lots of posts on the main board. Got folks headin down from Ontario, Wisconsin, NH, the Dakotas, Illinois. We'll be posting times/meet spots/cell #'s on the main board. Parking is a zoo, best to head 3 or 4 blocks away to one of the local watering holes...they'll park ya and charge, but ya get it back at their establishment later. If you have a nice vehicle, do NOT put it in the ramp across the street, the spaces are about 1/2 car wide and it's packed. No way would the new F-150 4x4 Hawg fit in there...ain't gonna happen!!! Bring money, if you want a pop and hot dog, that's usually 7 bucks. Burgers are 5-6 bucks each. Expect to wait in ticket line at least 1/2 hour or more...usually stretches down the halls and out the doors. Not really any place for the kiddies...it's elbow-to-elbow, and ya can barely move at times. if you have difficulty standing/walking like I do, bring a small folding chair, because there's no place to sit and take a break. Best deals are on Sunday before close....hope the tips help!!! Any more needed, feel free to PM me.  ;D
Rebel

Holy crap REB I couldn't have summed up the show any better and I too am there every year.  Everything from the parking, food and the people to the deals on sunday. 

The only thing I can add is that the vendors definitely WILL bargain.  It Doesn't matter what the price tag says throw them a number, its like a giant used car lot in there!
“I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" - Sir Izaak Walton

Offline SKilo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Nov 25, 2011, 10:32 PM »
Great post slabkiller!!!! YAY!!!  :clap:
Thanks, phil.

yep that is awesome thanks for the info!!!  :thumbsup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.