The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Greetings from Iraq!!!  (Read 6140 times)

Offline howesfc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "Eirinn go Brach"
Re: Greetings from Iraq!!!
« Reply #30 on: Nov 09, 2009, 07:20 PM »
To all are Troops GodsSpeed!

I was a Soldier I am a Soldier I will always be a Soldier

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #31 on: Nov 15, 2009, 08:21 PM »
Trev, How ya been? We have not heard from you in a bit. We are enjoying and getting very sick of some unseasonably warm temps here. We are getting way up to the 50s during the day.

Offline Dunder28

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Nov 17, 2009, 02:42 PM »
Hi Trev,

Was it your company that FOXSports had on TV during the Vikes - Lions game. They had the game on at the base and showed the troops enjoying the game. It was good to see the troops being taken care of.

Offline Trev

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Trust yer jiggin hand!
« Reply #33 on: Nov 20, 2009, 03:02 AM »
Thank you for all your service and bravery. If you ever get up to Camp Ripley let me know I live about 9 miles from there on Fish Trap Lake

i've been up to ripley a lot, thats where we did our pre-deployment training, well some of it. i'll give you a shout next time i'm up that way if i remember

Offline Trev

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Trust yer jiggin hand!
« Reply #34 on: Nov 20, 2009, 03:10 AM »
Trev, How ya been? We have not heard from you in a bit. We are enjoying and getting very sick of some unseasonably warm temps here. We are getting way up to the 50s during the day.

hey Skipper, been doin good. it has cooled down a lot here, i dont think it has been above 100 in a few weeks. but its the temps there that i'm worried about, i've been watching the snow and ice coverage and progression charts and i am both excited and disapointed... :-\
but good news is that i'm lookin at being home soon... cant wait to freeze my butt off!

Offline Trev

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Trust yer jiggin hand!
« Reply #35 on: Nov 20, 2009, 03:25 AM »
Hi Trev,

Was it your company that FOXSports had on TV during the Vikes - Lions game. They had the game on at the base and showed the troops enjoying the game. It was good to see the troops being taken care of.

yeah that was us. i was working so i didnt get to go :(... i'm a baseball and hockey guy anyways  8)

Offline screamin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Nov 20, 2009, 07:55 AM »
Trev, please feel free to drop me a e-mail next time you are at Ripley. I do some work for the families of soldiers donating guide trips and just donating time. I don't know if you know her but I do this through Yvonne Zappa she works in the family afairs. I also have free run of the lakes inside camp and they do have some good fishing in there mainly because there are very few people aloud to fish them. Keep in touch and be safe and we'll see you at Ripley.

Offline iluvpounders

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Nov 20, 2009, 08:53 AM »
yeah that was us. i was working so i didnt get to go :(... i'm a baseball and hockey guy anyways  8)

In that case I won't bring up what our Wild are doing...there are times where they look like a great team, then 5 seconds later we give up a goal! Thank you for your service over there! Everything you do is appreciated by most even if the media may make it sound like it isn't!  :clap:  :bow:

If I'm not fishing or hunting right now, you can bet that I\'m thinking about it!

Offline screamin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Nov 20, 2009, 09:11 AM »
AMEN.......shouldn't have said that now i'll be in trouble with our great non-outdoors, tree hugging media.

Offline iluvpounders

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Nov 20, 2009, 09:13 AM »
That's alright I hope the media comes after me I have a couple questions for them to answer anyways.

If I'm not fishing or hunting right now, you can bet that I\'m thinking about it!

Offline screamin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Nov 20, 2009, 09:30 AM »
Careful, they may come to your house and strike you down with a rainbow colored flip flop.

Offline iluvpounders

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Nov 20, 2009, 10:51 AM »
Bring it...I have a camo colored jacket which is immune to rainbow colored anything!

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #42 on: Nov 20, 2009, 07:58 PM »
I wouldnt worry too much. The worst they do is stand on your lawn with signs that say "diversity and peace" or the ever famous "hate is not a family value". Just toss some organic tofu out and let them fight over it, they will get board and go to the natural foods co-op for more.

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
« Reply #43 on: Nov 20, 2009, 08:06 PM »
I wouldnt worry too much. The worst they do is stand on your lawn with signs that say "diversity and peace" or the ever famous "hate is not a family value". Just toss some organic tofu out and let them fight over it, they will get board and go to the natural foods co-op for more.
Or cut the tires on their Prius w/ all the "cause" stickers on the back!

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #44 on: Nov 20, 2009, 08:11 PM »
A prius runs on the power of positve thought and good intentions, and they have no idea how to change a tire on one. If you cut their tires, they will stand there and cry until FEMA shows up with a spare.

So in other words...

If you disable there "automobile", they will want to move in with you until the government comes to save them. ;D

I saw a guy pulling a Fish Trap Voyager out on Mille Lacs with a prius last year, so they cant be all bad. ;)

Offline iluvpounders

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Nov 20, 2009, 10:42 PM »
I've got a friend that drives a Yaris and it's actually a pretty bada$$ little car! He pulls his duck boat with it. He deer hunted in Ripley with it! All around I'm impressed! (I still like trucks more though)

Offline Trev

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Trust yer jiggin hand!
« Reply #46 on: Feb 11, 2010, 11:13 AM »
Trev, please feel free to drop me a e-mail next time you are at Ripley. I do some work for the families of soldiers donating guide trips and just donating time. I don't know if you know her but I do this through Yvonne Zappa she works in the family afairs. I also have free run of the lakes inside camp and they do have some good fishing in there mainly because there are very few people aloud to fish them. Keep in touch and be safe and we'll see you at Ripley.

hey screamin, sorry it took so long for me to get back to you, but yeah for sure i'll let you know next time i head up there and maybe i'll come up a few days early or stay a couple days late and we can get some fishin done! i dont think i will get up there this winter but we'll see... i've always wondered about all them little potholes and the river. thanks

Offline Trev

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Trust yer jiggin hand!
« Reply #47 on: Feb 11, 2010, 11:23 AM »
hey all, i finally got back on the 5th... been super busy reuniting with family and all that mushy stuff. but i finally got out on centerville lake yesterday, and did pretty good. Got out at about 8:30 and caught crappies and perch untill around 11. then nothin for an hour then a nice pike... after that is was all downhill but the bottle bass were biting! all in all it wasnt too bad for my first time out in a year on a lake that i dont expect much out of. i think i'll be goin there more often. thenks for all the responses, all this talk about being on the ice kept me cool through the hot days in the sand!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #48 on: Feb 11, 2010, 12:22 PM »
Glad to see you back safe trev!!!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline FishinJenn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ME! :)
« Reply #49 on: Feb 11, 2010, 12:26 PM »
Many thanks to you for your service...we'll keep you in touch w/ the ice-fishing till your back home and fishing the hardwater for yourself!!! :)
 :icefish:
Kids who hunt, fish and trap...dont mug little old ladies.

<span style='display:block !important; width: 170px; text-align: center; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 12px;'><a

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #50 on: Feb 11, 2010, 12:30 PM »
I was gonna ask how short you were.  Welcome back.... I remember swimming in the Red Sea with Sand Darkies when I was there in the 1970's .... or not
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline Hook them Lipps

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Feb 11, 2010, 12:30 PM »
your awsome and thanks for what your doing for our country.  I hope someone on here gives this guy a free guiding package when he gets home.  I would but I live in Montana.  Tell all your buddies over thier that there are a bunch of ice fishermen praying for there safty.  We are also catching a bunch of fish.  Thanks a milliion
donwoudoorsdotcom

Offline Trev

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Trust yer jiggin hand!
« Reply #52 on: Feb 11, 2010, 12:46 PM »
i'm home now, should be here for a while... a year at least

Offline iluvpounders

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Feb 11, 2010, 02:22 PM »
Welcome home Trev! Glad you made it back and the fish gods treated you well ;)

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #54 on: Feb 11, 2010, 02:38 PM »
i'm home now, should be here for a while... a year at least
You still need to be safe, even though you are home. My uncle came back from vietnam and jump in a car with his buddies celebrating making it home. The four of them were on the Buddy plan. Two of them died in the drunken crash. My uncle was left with sever brain damage. He can only get a couple of words out. Be safe my friend.
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #55 on: Feb 11, 2010, 10:07 PM »
Welcome back!  Hope you get some good icefishing in this winter!

Offline minnesotafisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Feb 11, 2010, 10:32 PM »
Welcome back to Minnesota! The fishing has been a little slow up here in northern Minnesota, but that's just me I guess. Good luck fishing, glad to hear you made it back safely.

Offline Trev

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Trust yer jiggin hand!
« Reply #57 on: Feb 13, 2010, 07:03 PM »
thanks for all the welcome homes! fish safe and trust your jiggin hand!

ps. michianafisherman thanks for the advise, dont worry, my fiance isnt lettin me go too crazy!

Offline DIRTBALL2

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #58 on: Feb 15, 2010, 10:47 AM »
Yo Trev, I happen to live in Warroad up by Lake of the Woods. Since the lake form's part of our border, special regulation's apply. We can keep fishing walleye's until April 30th. And yes, I have gone icefishing in April, believe it or not. Please know that the Welcome mat and an open seat in my boat is always there for the asking by any Veteran at anytime! And yes, I am a US Army veteran myself. Anything and everything we can do for our returning veteran's still pale's by comparison to what they have done for us. This is something I feel very strongly about. So get your butt up here so we can tell each other bigger and better lie's, eh? ;D My motto is: "Never let the truth get in the way of telling a good story!" ;) :icefish: :bow: :roflmao: DIRTBALL2 ;)
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

Offline Trev

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Trust yer jiggin hand!
« Reply #59 on: Feb 15, 2010, 05:45 PM »
dirtball2,
       thanks very much for the invite, hopefully i can find the time this summer, i'm gonna be lookin for a house soon, so that'll probably take the better part of the summer... but i cant wait

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.