New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1032155 times)

Offline elrodalonzo

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #5820 on: Feb 04, 2021, 07:12 PM »
Went out of the North shore today.  Maybe 5 inches of snow in most spots more in some drifts.  Alot of slush patches.  No problem with wheeler with chains or sleds.  I saw a couple of wheelers that made it with no chains. Not bad walking especially if you could find a sled track.

Offline tblaster123

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5821 on: Feb 04, 2021, 08:08 PM »
"Slush is horrible, don't even think about trying to fish here you will get stuck its so bad out here never seen anything so brutal" says the local oneida lake guy as he fires up his machine and goes fishing :roflmao: @) :roflmao:

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5822 on: Feb 04, 2021, 08:57 PM »
Headed up tomorrow evening for the first 2021 gallivant at Mother O.  Got the wheeler with chains, but also the walking sleds in case we find some prohibitive conditions.  Thinking Chapman and Lewis, then who knows....  ;D

Offline zaphod4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing,my drug of choice
« Reply #5823 on: Feb 04, 2021, 09:14 PM »
Okay.Now I’m reconsidering coming up this weekend.Chapman or north side.How’s the parking at apps?  I haven’t been there since before last years construction.

Offline WalPerPike

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5824 on: Feb 04, 2021, 10:58 PM »
We fished out of Apps lot 9 to 1:30 pm. Went out 200 yds past the pressure ridge, good trail out to deeper water. We fished in 16’, never marked a fish (Beautiful, Sunny,HP day). 14” snow over 5” ice, drilled jigging holes and sat in 4” of water. Broke through at the pressure ridge walking back in (tuck and roll, never got wet). It’s tough out there, but good enough access at Apps and Godfrey Point. Wheelers maybe, side x side No, snowmobiles good to go.

Offline zaphod4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing,my drug of choice
« Reply #5825 on: Feb 05, 2021, 05:46 AM »
We fished out of Apps lot 9 to 1:30 pm. Went out 200 yds past the pressure ridge, good trail out to deeper water. We fished in 16’, never marked a fish (Beautiful, Sunny,HP day). 14” snow over 5” ice, drilled jigging holes and sat in 4” of water. Broke through at the pressure ridge walking back in (tuck and roll, never got wet). It’s tough out there, but good enough access at Apps and Godfrey Point. Wheelers maybe, side x side No, snowmobiles good to go.

Thanks for the update.Much appreciated .

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5826 on: Feb 05, 2021, 07:45 AM »
It is gonna be a tough weekend for sure, but no pain no gain.  Maybe the wallers will enjoy less fishing pressure!

Offline Glowgetter24

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Walter is who I chase
« Reply #5827 on: Feb 05, 2021, 08:10 AM »
Hopefully with this wind coming . It will blow some of the snow ❄off the lake ?? Time will tell ?
Glowgetter

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5828 on: Feb 05, 2021, 08:25 AM »
snow is heavy andwet now it ain't blowing off

Offline sharpsticks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5829 on: Feb 05, 2021, 08:32 AM »
I was coming down this weekend but maybe I'll wait

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5830 on: Feb 05, 2021, 08:36 AM »
snow is heavy andwet now it ain't blowing off
Warm weather , some rain and wind will help shrink the depth , then some freezing temps is all we can hope for

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5831 on: Feb 05, 2021, 10:58 AM »
Yeah, slush ain’t blowing off. Hopefully it will freeze, but not too likely with the heavy accum and drifts. Gonna be sloppy sat, maybe a bit better sun and mon. Will try to post as the weekend goes on.

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5832 on: Feb 05, 2021, 11:29 AM »
Any get confirmation from DEC that they found and marked the swimming hole?  Also. are the cracks evident/slushy/grey yet after the big snow or are we dealing with land mines?

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5833 on: Feb 05, 2021, 11:30 AM »
Sorry....Lewis Point

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5834 on: Feb 05, 2021, 11:46 AM »
 Well I’ll head to other  places to tug until it’s better 😃

Offline PerchEyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The "eyes" have it!
« Reply #5835 on: Feb 05, 2021, 11:54 AM »
Heads up that I foresee a major slush event for south shore (Chapman Park) tomorrow.
Conditions deteriorated while I was out there this morning.
The warm wind is helping knock down the snow but causing wide spread slush spots. If I didn’t follow my old tracks from yesterday, which froze last night, back in I would have been in trouble with one banger snowmobile and heavy shack.
Colder temps to come but I don’t think cold enough to improve things for tomorrow.
Good luck out there.
PerchEyes

P.s., the fishing sucked, only one perch.
The tug is the drug.

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5836 on: Feb 05, 2021, 11:56 AM »
It was all hidden last night. The warm weather and rain this morning is making the slush pockets pretty obvious. And they’re deep! So beware.

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5837 on: Feb 05, 2021, 12:18 PM »
PerchEyes, I was wondering about the conditions. I came off at 08:30 but there was a group out with a sled and they usually stay from dark to dark but they picked up and left at Noon today. Thought it may have been due to deteriorating conditions.

Offline flukeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5838 on: Feb 05, 2021, 12:22 PM »

These folks in Wisconsin are bummed, the whole crew floating out to sea  ::)

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5840 on: Feb 05, 2021, 12:48 PM »
It was all hidden last night. The warm weather and rain this morning is making the slush pockets pretty obvious. And they’re deep! So beware.

That wasn’t at KPs tree branch hole was it 😉
 I remember just a few years ago there was 21 days that 4 wheelers didn’t get out was even tough for sleds , that year I made 20+ Platforms where I was high and dry , but it was a long tube to pull fish

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5841 on: Feb 05, 2021, 12:56 PM »
snow is setteling some slush but i had no issues had to gas it a few times

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5842 on: Feb 05, 2021, 02:17 PM »
Thanks folks. Appreciate the feedback. C'mon filet!  Send some of those nasty walleyes my way. Good luck all, and be safe.

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5843 on: Feb 05, 2021, 02:54 PM »

That wasn’t at KPs tree branch hole was it 😉
 I remember just a few years ago there was 21 days that 4 wheelers didn’t get out was even tough for sleds , that year I made 20+ Platforms where I was high and dry , but it was a long tube to pull fish

I had to crop the branch hole out of that picture. That's classified information. I didn't want to get busted for posting it on the interwebs.

Offline coast51

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5844 on: Feb 05, 2021, 04:17 PM »
Heads up that I foresee a major slush event for south shore (Chapman Park) tomorrow.
Conditions deteriorated while I was out there this morning.
The warm wind is helping knock down the snow but causing wide spread slush spots. If I didn’t follow my old tracks from yesterday, which froze last night, back in I would have been in trouble with one banger snowmobile and heavy shack.
Colder temps to come but I don’t think cold enough to improve things for tomorrow.
Good luck out there.
PerchEyes

P.s., the fishing sucked, only one perch.
Great Ice Report Perch Eyes, I appreciate the notice and hope the cold temps arrive next week. Tight lines.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5845 on: Feb 05, 2021, 04:46 PM »
I had to crop the branch hole out of that picture. That's classified information. I didn't want to get busted for posting it on the interwebs.
Lmao

Offline Ice pirate 74

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5846 on: Feb 05, 2021, 06:01 PM »
What a nightmare, got the sled buried, never caught a fish, only marked three, won’t bite, and just got home, I’m going to bed and wait till next week till it freezes up

Offline OneBucketMike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5847 on: Feb 05, 2021, 06:22 PM »

These folks in Wisconsin are bummed, the whole crew floating out to sea  ::)

They don't seem too bummed. Looks like they are all in their huts trolling.

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5848 on: Feb 05, 2021, 06:48 PM »
the snow has settled alot but there is some deeps stuff and slush with more pooping up and shoreline being the worst bite was poor today,

Offline fatboy8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5849 on: Feb 05, 2021, 07:11 PM »
First time out on the lake today and it was a tough walk out but not as bad as anticipated. Had to hole hop a bit and finally marked a ton of fish. Mostly sniffers but landed a jumbo and a scrub that perch. Missed a few bites as well. Hoping tomorrow the bite improves looking forward to it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.