The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: good weekend, SE MASS report  (Read 285 times)

Offline basst_

• Team IceShanty Regular
good weekend, SE MASS report
« on: Jan 12, 2015, 09:42 AM »
fished south shore this past weekend.
8 dozen shiners. 6 ponds sun up to sundown both days

friday was the first trip of the year. 4-5 inches.  white out conditions. thought i was going to freeze. first pond we were going after smallies. but only the jumbo perch were bitting.  at 1pm we packed up and hiked back to the smaller pond we passed. right choice. at first it was slow but all of a sudden. BAM BAM BAM. flags up. we lined up the entire small pond with traps. 3 guys 15 traps.  we caught a few pickerel and perch, a small bass and few sunnies.  we had some screamers.  some very nice fish were screwing with us.  we back to my buddies house. drank beers and had a perch fry.

saturday. we fished at a spot i never been to. my buddy hasnt fished here since he was a kid.  a few hours, no flags. as we were picking up my buddy gets a flag. nice slab crappie. we stayed another 20 min.   so we left. we hit a pond were my buddy caught his 9.5 back in the day.

few hours 2 flags and 1 crappie. as we  were picking up to fish my favorite pond, my buddy dropped a shiner down the hole. BAM lightning fast the shiner disapears. damn fish ate it.

drive to my favorite pond, it was packed with skaters and fishermen. so we fished a pond ive never ice fished but heard its good. not even 5 minutes after setting up. BAM flag. caught a nice bass. we finished the day with a bunch of perch a crappie few pickerel and a bass

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.