The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Glen Lake  (Read 20837 times)

Offline woodab17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 13.5 lbs
Re: Glen Lake
« Reply #60 on: Feb 15, 2012, 11:50 AM »
...nephew calls him BOSS, placed the sign on the shanty, you don't have your facts about the shanty's being burned. therefore your statement is a falicy... just like the old cliche about the fisherman big tales, all these inflammatory remarks regarding my brother are just that. He doesn't have a Crew, often just he and my dad, or nephew, mostly alone at 4am. He loves the ice fishing and it gives him pleasure and excitement... he doesn't fish glen by boat, he doesn't fish with a 357, you all need to re-read the agreement you agreed to when posting on this site. many of the remarks are inflammatory deflamation of character and character assasination of an honest dependable, hard working and reliable guy who likes fishing Glen Lake on ice and has been doing so for most if not all his life having been exposed to ice fishing by previous generations of honest, dependable, hard working and reliable men who instilled in him the love of the sport. He doesn't go around bad mouthing folks and he doesn't use the internet to insult or assault, but you better believe he has heard all about what's being written here. It's just wrong and unfair, so many foolish wrongful, statements. If you're not catching fish maybe you aught to spend more time investing in learning how to do it, work at it, and get what enjoyment you may from it. Don't spend so much time whittling away at a person who catches fish and in fact has held state records as his reward! if you're jealous too bad for you. I personally take great offense to the outrageous untruths about my brother and suggest you use this site for the communication it was designed for... talk about fishin' tell about the one that got away, talk about yourselves and your doings and for goodness sakes quiet down the foolish, deflammation of the character of someone you've never even seen let alone know anything about

I am interested in the no .357 comment being some reliable sources told me about that.  But I hope having read the entire post you can see that some of us do respect the way he fishes.  I can really respect that he is the first one there and the last one off.  "The Crew"  really just refers to the group that fishes those three bays consistently and no derogatory meaning to it from my end.  I will again say I don't like the fake champlain jacks all over the place but I guess it's not illegal. 

My question for you being he is your brother is if I did beat him to Glen (which probably isn't happening) and I set near his shanty would he be alright with that because I was there first or would it be an issue?

Again please understand I have never talked with him and hold no ill feelings.  If anything I harbor a respect for his ability to catch big Pike year after year.

Offline tbrunotess

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Feb 15, 2012, 11:59 AM »
I am very certain there are no FAKE jacks in the ice by my brother, if you have a question for him you'll just have to ask him yourself... of this I am certain as well, he is an honest fair minded man, period! that being said, you can believe there are no fake jacks and non of this other hoopla being sputtered here. your reliable sources are wrong! no .357 and my brother is not a foolish man... anyone who would tote a gun to intimidate people would be foolish. we were taught if you're going to pull a gun on someone you had better be prepared to use it, and be accountable for the consequences... duh, that would mean jail time... hello? it is true that some people were short changed on good ole common sense...
just don't have a mind for common sense I'm guessing...

Offline woodab17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 13.5 lbs
« Reply #62 on: Feb 15, 2012, 12:02 PM »
I am very certain there are no FAKE jacks in the ice by my brother, if you have a question for him you'll just have to ask him yourself... of this I am certain as well, he is an honest fair minded man, period! that being said, you can believe there are no fake jacks and non of this other hoopla being sputtered here. your reliable sources are wrong! no .357 and my brother is not a foolish man... anyone who would tote a gun to intimidate people would be foolish. we were taught if you're going to pull a gun on someone you had better be prepared to use it, and be accountable for the consequences... duh, that would mean jail time... hello? it is true that some people were short changed on good ole common sense...
just don't have a mind for common sense I'm guessing...

I understand your frustration with this post but please don't take it out on me.  I don't believe I have said anything against your brother in this post.  You are correct the Jacks were in the bay across from your brother. 

Offline ifslob28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Feb 15, 2012, 12:02 PM »
he seemed like an ok guy on the tv show

Offline tbrunotess

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Feb 15, 2012, 12:12 PM »
look up GLEN LAKE, research it, talk about it... talk about ice fishing, talk about the types of fish in Glen Lake the bait you use, or the rigging you use... ask your fellow shanty users what littler tid bits of secrets they might want to share... that's what I'm getting at
the site was meant to share the good stuff about ICE FISHING... not maligning

Offline TroutWhisperer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Feb 15, 2012, 01:02 PM »
I predict at least 1 knucklehead will show up at Glen Lake around 2am Saturday morning and set up in "that cove".  A lot of emotion in this thread for stupid Pike.   
2GUYZ FISHING

Offline oldcatamount

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Feb 15, 2012, 03:07 PM »
Wow! Let's all meet on Glen Lake and have a group hug! ;D

Offline ssinvt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Feb 15, 2012, 03:57 PM »
Wow! Let's all meet on Glen Lake and have a group hug! ;D

OK but I get the cove!!!!! 

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Feb 15, 2012, 05:15 PM »
if you guys want your own pike ponds to fish on,,,do this....grab a 5gal bucket,fill it with pike,dump them into a small pond and dont tell anyone....just kidding dont do this...

That is a bad bad thing,has been done but a bad bad thing....

Catching big fish is like winning the door prize!
Have to be there to win!!!!

Offline CJiceaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #69 on: Feb 15, 2012, 05:55 PM »
I predict at least 1 knucklehead will show up at Glen Lake around 2am Saturday morning and set up in "that cove".  A lot of emotion in this thread for stupid Pike.   
If you want to talk about stupid fish, let's talk about one that has to be stocked every year to survive.  You will find pike fisherman just as passionate as "trout" people.

Offline vtfisher49

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Feb 15, 2012, 06:12 PM »
 :roflmao: :roflmao: GROUP HUG in the "COVE" next weekend during the great benson derby....lets all meet there at 7 am with gas augers blazing :roflmao:

Offline RipSomeLips22

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #71 on: Feb 15, 2012, 06:26 PM »
bring a chainsaw, cut a hole around his chanty and see if it floats. lol

Offline RipSomeLips22

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #72 on: Feb 15, 2012, 06:27 PM »
just kidding! lol

Offline vtfisher49

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #73 on: Feb 15, 2012, 06:33 PM »
I'm still chuckling over the GROUP HUG comment....

Offline taggin out

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Feb 15, 2012, 08:52 PM »
I once enjoyed this website. If anyone can tell me how to delete my name I would love it. If you people spent more time fishing and not looking on this dumb site to talk trash u might catch a fish as big as he does. How about we avoid the chainsaw and the group hug and we all just talk about fishing. I love all the poeple who don't say anything on this site all year and all of a sudden they want to be a hero. Not everyone is alike and fishes the same way. Or do we all agree with what others do. But that's what make the world go round. If you feel the need to talk trash do it within ur group of fishing friends. But don't talk about someone online. GROW UP and hit the hard water with good reason not to just make someone angry. Then maybe u will be able to catch a good fish.

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Feb 16, 2012, 04:14 AM »
Lighten Up Woody,It sounds like you NEED a hug.But if you really want to go contact a mod they will delete you.We are going to fish up by shoreham for the Benson derby if you want to go.How is our favorite pond doing fast and furious or same old pace,BB

Interesting read over 2000  and 77 replys all  over Glen Lake

Offline icejumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Feb 16, 2012, 06:52 AM »
he seemed like an ok guy on the tv show
And if you ever met Joe you would walk away feeling the same. :thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline coldsteel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Feb 16, 2012, 03:00 PM »
well lets reserect this thread has anyone caught anything worth mentioning out of glenn this yr pike or other species
I Chase Toothy Critters!!!!

Offline tracker one

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • if you ain't gonna eat em,throw em back
« Reply #78 on: Feb 16, 2012, 04:30 PM »
attacks like this on other forums have actually ruined the forum it was posted on,,,these things are not a good thing for any forum,,,the best way to deal with it is to ignore it

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Feb 16, 2012, 05:09 PM »
All they got to do is lock it down .then its over....

Offline Pike Dude

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Feb 16, 2012, 08:10 PM »
First I would like to apologize for ever creating this thread.  I have no comment on the garbage that has been spit on this topic. 

I have fished Glen since I was 5 years old with my father.  My father doesn’t fish anymore and I don't have as much time as I used to, but when I do ice fish I fish the same spot on Glen that I always have.  I do ok and have caught a handful of pike between 15-20lbs over the years.  This year I have only made it out a couple of times.  Pretty slow so far, I've only caught a handful of pike and a few bass....still chasing that state record. 

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Feb 16, 2012, 08:19 PM »
First I would like to apologize for ever creating this thread.  I have no comment on the garbage that has been spit on this topic. 

I have fished Glen since I was 5 years old with my father.  My father doesn’t fish anymore and I don't have as much time as I used to, but when I do ice fish I fish the same spot on Glen that I always have.  I do ok and have caught a handful of pike between 15-20lbs over the years.  This year I have only made it out a couple of times.  Pretty slow so far, I've only caught a handful of pike and a few bass....still chasing that state record.

Did you have a shanty on down to the right from the spillway a couple of years ago?

Offline Pike Dude

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Feb 16, 2012, 08:27 PM »
Yes I did.

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Feb 16, 2012, 08:37 PM »
We have met then , we fished that side some , but most of the time we fished on the farside and the hump straight out from spillway..We were there one day and you had just caught a 18 or 19 # fish maybe 3 years ago now..

Offline Pike Dude

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Feb 16, 2012, 08:45 PM »
That makes sense, I stopped putting the shanty out there after somebody decided to flip it over on me and kick the door in.  Now I just drag the portable out if it gets too cold. 

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Feb 16, 2012, 08:53 PM »
i hear that my hardside is a play house for my grand kids now...

Offline Pike Dude

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Feb 16, 2012, 09:01 PM »
Lots of good spots on the lake, you just have to put your time in.  Always amazes me some of the spots that nobody has fished in years on the frozen lake.

Offline whipplebuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #87 on: Feb 17, 2012, 06:22 AM »
Anyone ever get a good bass out of the ice,  I know I have fished it in the summer some evenings before setting up for trout at night  and its pretty good bass fishing...  never tried ice fishing on Glenn not sure why just have not..  have got some monster gills at night trout fishing too..
OUR BAIT IS GAURENTEED TO CATCH FISH OR DIE TRYING :-)

Offline TroutWhisperer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #88 on: Feb 23, 2012, 11:38 AM »
If you want to talk about stupid fish, let's talk about one that has to be stocked every year to survive.  You will find pike fisherman just as passionate as "trout" people.

Actually, I haven't fished trout this year.  I fish all species. This year tried pike 2x's and have caught 19 pike.  They are easier to catch than trout....on average.  This year I'm into panfish.  Got the flasher, and now mostly enjoy catching perch, gills and crappie.  More fun than sitting for hours waiting for a flag, I think.
2GUYZ FISHING

Offline CJiceaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #89 on: Feb 23, 2012, 01:51 PM »
Actually, I haven't fished trout this year.  I fish all species. This year tried pike 2x's and have caught 19 pike.  They are easier to catch than trout....on average.  This year I'm into panfish.  Got the flasher, and now mostly enjoy catching perch, gills and crappie.  More fun than sitting for hours waiting for a flag, I think.
Sorry man, got a little amped on the topic. Just hate having to defend a fish I like, mostly from trout people in NH who can't stand the thought of having places with pike in them because there are too many precious salmon and trout that can't survive on their own without being stocked, never mind with other fish living in there. I caught some crappies last weekend for the first time this year, it's is pretty fun. I'm waiting for that one big flag though ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.