The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: The Big slammer perch are Back at lake bomoseen  (Read 13731 times)

Offline finlessbrown

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: The Big slammer perch are Back at lake bomoseen
« Reply #90 on: Feb 04, 2012, 07:09 PM »
there is one area that at some times has up to 20+ perch fisherman (jiggers) and it has been that way for as long as i can remember. i don't think a few more fisherman in another part of the lake will hurt the population too much. i fished an area that me and a friend go to on bomo and together this morning we caught 22 keepers, it just shows that they are not all concentrated in the one area that captain joe was nice enough to share.

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Love IceFishing for SMELT,PERCH,BLUEGILLS,CRAPPIE,
« Reply #91 on: Feb 05, 2012, 07:13 AM »
Billj.... this Goes out to you and that is "YES" I am a certified Merchants mariner from the USCG and as a matter of fact i just renewed my Captains license from the USCG this year, in which they give you passport type license now which is pretty cool. Getting you Captains license from the USCG takes allot of dedication, time, money and hours of learning stuff that you may never use in your life but at least you will have those skillls if you ever need them. Plus you need to be First aid and cpr Certfied. There are so many other Hoops you need to jump through just to accomplish this task and for those you have done this will know what i am talking about. I got into the Business of Fishing charters because i love the fishing in our great state of vermont and i love to give back to the people that have helped me become a better fisherman. I actually get more enjoyment watching People catch fish (especially Children ) then my self . It this same dedication i had in getting My "captains License " That i have when it comes to fishing. Like i said before if i can help out a few local fisherman catch fish then so be it , and it just like in another comment on here there is no such thing as secert spots because some one at some point in time will find the so called secert spot and catch some nice fish there , also you need to read in another comment from above that fish do not stay in one spot all the time . They wonder around the lake looking for food because there food or prey do not always stay in one spot. Even with your bigger fish Like Pike . Pike will often move in serch for food often crusing weed lines are other structure so they can ambush their prey as they move by .
Anyways i really enjoy this post since i have posted it on here and i really hope i have helped more people on here then hurt or offend them. Good luck to you all
I do all types of fishing; but I am Die hard Ice angler.
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #92 on: Feb 05, 2012, 07:14 AM »
fishsmelly.. bye the way i love your comments..
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #93 on: Feb 07, 2012, 03:53 PM »
went to bomo on Sunday and only managed to pull up one perch 9 inches and one big blue gill , But i was out there yesterday in the same spots as the day before and managed to pull out some nice slammer perch . I ended up getting 11 nice perch in about 2 hours of fishing. so it looks like the perch are moving in and out of the spots i usually fish  for them . But i love the challenge of finding them..

Offline Fish-On-VT

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Duff Shack!
« Reply #94 on: Feb 08, 2012, 08:52 PM »
'bigwiggle' - how was the ice? I haven't been out for 2 weeks

Tip Up !!! :tipup:

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #95 on: Feb 09, 2012, 06:06 AM »
THE ICE STILL LOOKS GOOD EVERYWHERE I WAS ABOUT 6-8 INCHES EVERYWHERE...

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Passing along the traditions
« Reply #96 on: Feb 13, 2012, 07:26 AM »
Well with the derby coming up this weekend our team will be setting out the max of tip-ups at the base operations shanty and then send out the Tactical Perch Strike Team to seek out the big slammer perch so we'll find out if there are any left!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #97 on: Feb 13, 2012, 12:43 PM »
good luck lavaman.. catch a big one!!

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #98 on: Feb 21, 2012, 06:42 AM »
Well we saw some of these slammers hanging on the board last weekend! Some nice footballs for sure  :tipup:

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #99 on: Feb 21, 2012, 08:18 AM »
lavman... how big where the perch and where did they get them do you know? Did you fish the bomo Derby? if so how did you do? i did not fish at all last weekend i was not feeling well but i will be back out there this weekend . keep me posted. Thanks

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #100 on: Feb 21, 2012, 10:17 AM »
I don't recall exact poundage, I think 1.5 or something like that...they were big fat perch SLAMMERS! I do not know where they got them out of the lake.

I did fish the derby, we came in third place on the Pike and had another that was 3 ounces out of 4th place. 

Offline grampieshanty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Feb 21, 2012, 11:08 AM »
1st place perch was 1.15. I fished friday & ya might know I caught according to my scale a 1.5 slammer.So i now have a $400.00 fish in my freezer
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #102 on: Feb 21, 2012, 11:55 AM »
1st place perch was 1.15. I fished friday & ya might know I caught according to my scale a 1.5 slammer.So i now have a $400.00 fish in my freezer

LOL! Enjoy that $400 fillet!  ;D ;D

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #103 on: Feb 21, 2012, 12:20 PM »
did you catch that slammer on a tip up or jigging? that's a nice perch how long was it 12-14 inches???

Offline grampieshanty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #104 on: Feb 21, 2012, 04:47 PM »
Caught it on a tip up. Didn't measure but  it was all of 14"

Offline tracker one

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • if you ain't gonna eat em,throw em back
« Reply #105 on: Feb 21, 2012, 06:22 PM »
I have a friend that caught 4 today up north that weighed 1#9oz. each!   can't tell you where,,,,yet

Offline grampieshanty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #106 on: Feb 21, 2012, 08:04 PM »
LOL! Enjoy that $400 fillet!  ;D ;D
Every bite will be painfull :'( :'(

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #107 on: Feb 21, 2012, 10:48 PM »
Like i told everone in the post before ... The big perch are in bomo, you just got to know where to get them .. I have gotten allot of 12 - 14 inch perch from Bomo

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.