The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ice rod jigger  (Read 1290 times)

Offline trout hounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If it swims ive caught it
Ice rod jigger
« on: Jan 14, 2019, 12:10 PM »
Has anyone ever made a rig that will jig for you while you r farther away jigging
if it bites I chase it

Mizayikaa

Re: Ice rod jigger
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2019, 12:53 PM »
Haven't made one but there are videos on the internet of ones made using a windshield wiper motor that look interesting.

Offline JohnMcN1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2019, 12:53 PM »

Offline mtgreyhawk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2019, 02:26 PM »
Sullivan tip down works great

Offline slickice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2019, 03:37 PM »
Look up "Jigalo ice fish machine" on youtube.  It's a unit I designed several years ago.  Not hard to make, programable & works great.

Offline trout hounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If it swims ive caught it
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2019, 10:49 PM »
Look up "Jigalo ice fish machine" on youtube.  It's a unit I designed several years ago.  Not hard to make, programable & works great.
very nice slick I’m not all the computer or programmable smart but if I was I would definitely make one how did u get it from doing the whole 90* sweep
if it bites I chase it

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2019, 11:21 PM »
Has anyone ever made a rig that will jig for you while you r farther away jigging
you could always pay someone minimum wage ..to jig for you.. make merica great again...seriously tho..why are we fishing? isn't the rod in hand good enough? I just don't get it....

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2019, 12:01 AM »
I found that not dressing warm enough and staying on the edge of hypothermia while holding the rod sends the proper vibrations to the bait for jigging, if your at the hot spot and using the correct GPS coords of 46.87984, -114.04237.
wish you many hook-ups

Offline Born Late

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2019, 08:11 AM »
...seriously tho..why are we fishing? isn't the rod in hand good enough? I just don't get it....

😂  Me either. I hear for $40 you can also purchase a device to set the hook for you replacing the thrill you’ve enjoyed since your parents taught you how to do that for yourself at age 4.
YOU are the only one who can decide if the ice is safe enough for you.

Offline slickice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2019, 08:39 AM »
Trout Hounder (how do you keep it from doing the 90* sweep?).  The program enables you to set whatever sequence and rotation you want providing the wiper motor is reversible.  It's not complicated at all, very simple to program and even simpler to run.  Great for attracting "eyes" while having a group of tip-ups surrounding the jig machine.  Killer set-up.

Offline Gone_fishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 15, 2019, 09:14 AM »
you could always pay someone minimum wage ..to jig for you.. make merica great again...seriously tho..why are we fishing? isn't the rod in hand good enough? I just don't get it....

Rod in hand is still the go to. But you can only have one rod in each hand. So on lots of lakes you can still put 4 more out. I use jawjackers and have one jigging base but still always have a rod in hand at all times. Nothing wrong with old school deadsticks but after you use a jawjacker and see your hook set percentages increase when compared to a deadstick sitting a rod holder you'll be a believer : )

Offline Born Late

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 15, 2019, 09:32 AM »
Nothing wrong with old school deadsticks but after you use a jawjacker and see your hook set percentages increase when compared to a deadstick sitting a rod holder you'll be a believer : )

I absolutely believe their effectiveness. I guess I still enjoy the race to get to a flag or bobbing rod in time to set the hook myself. Some of us are old school...in addition to being old.  ;D
YOU are the only one who can decide if the ice is safe enough for you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.