The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Cheyenne ice?  (Read 2467 times)

Offline TeamIceBucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
Cheyenne ice?
« on: Dec 08, 2006, 06:34 PM »
Has anyone checked the ice at Sloans or any of those park lakes?  I might be over there this weekend and am curious as to whether I could pop a few holes.

Offline gloomis

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Cheyenne ice?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2006, 10:14 PM »
Has anyone checked the ice at Sloans or any of those park lakes?  I might be over there this weekend and am curious as to whether I could pop a few holes.

Sloans lake is frozen and has been for awhile with 5 inches of ice and i havent been on absaraka but it has had ice for awhile.

Offline gloomis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2006, 06:37 PM »

Do you make it over to sloans this wkd if so how did you do??

Offline TeamIceBucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2006, 10:20 PM »

I wanted to, but I had a friend in town who decided he would spend too much money at Sierra Trading Post if we went to Cheyenne.  So, we just fished the plains lakes instead.  Action was a lot slower than last weekend.

I still want to make it over there though.  If these warm temps dont kill the ice I'll definitely try in the next couple weeks. 

Offline gloomis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2006, 11:11 PM »
I wanted to, but I had a friend in town who decided he would spend too much money at Sierra Trading Post if we went to Cheyenne.  So, we just fished the plains lakes instead.  Action was a lot slower than last weekend.

I still want to make it over there though.  If these warm temps dont kill the ice I'll definitely try in the next couple weeks. 

Ill let u know if sloans still has ice just let me know when u wana come down. Where did you go and did u get any??

Offline TeamIceBucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2006, 08:37 AM »

Ill let u know if sloans still has ice just let me know when u wana come down. Where did you go and did u get any??

We enjoyed the sweet, slow action of Meeboer.  See the Lake Hattie thread for a little bow pic.

Offline wyohookset

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Where'd I put that gas can?
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2006, 06:33 PM »

Just a little comment about Sloans Lake.  Every summer they determine the fecal content too high and don't allow swimming until it clears up to a safe level. :P  I would be leary of eating anything that comes from that lake, but that's just my opinion.  8)

Offline TeamIceBucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2006, 10:34 AM »
Just a little comment about Sloans Lake.  Every summer they determine the fecal content too high and don't allow swimming until it clears up to a safe level. :P  I would be leary of eating anything that comes from that lake, but that's just my opinion.  8)
that's a good opinion in my book.  I would never eat anything out of there.  Any city (used loosely) lake with drain pipes coming into it is a place I won't harvest from.  Besides all the sweet feces, there's probably some good pollution too. I caught some big brood stock bows (22+'') in there last February though.  Played one for over 6 minutes before pulling his tubby body out of the 6" hole.  He actually snapped off at the top of the hole, but was such a fatty in a small hole, he didn't go anywhere.  Gave him a hand grab to bring him up.  Saw people harvesting big bows there though.  Whatever you're into I guess.

Offline gloomis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2006, 06:09 PM »

I agree with you on that 100%. I just enjoy catching the fish out of there cause its close to home. Iam 95% catch and release unless i get a monster and chances are ill just take a pic and let it go.

Offline benwyo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 23, 2006, 06:37 PM »
Drove by Sloans today at noon and saw 3 different ice hut on the ice..
Did not stop.

Ben 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.