The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: day at desmet  (Read 2287 times)

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
day at desmet
« on: Mar 15, 2009, 10:31 PM »
as others found today, desmet was also a gorgeous day although there was a slight wind from time to time... fishing was tough and had a series of hard bites in 17-20 fow then it went dead... so after a bit i moved into the shallows and found fish in 8.5-9 fow and picked up 4 nice 'bows... switching rods/lures when the flasher would show one was interested i'd quickly drop a different lure down and almost immediately get a hit... then it died down again so i tied on a fail safe jig and quickly picked up my last two fish and was home by dinner.

ice was great and i'd say maybe another week to two weeks weather dependent of course... the highlight of the day was two fellers getting into it when one of the two dogs they brought took off... one guy wanted to leave it, the other ended up taking the long walk to find it... suffice it to say, f-bombs and whining about chasing dogs insted of fishing carries quite a ways on the ice!  ;D :pinch: :roflmao:

Offline minnowguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: day at desmet
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2009, 11:29 PM »
Ya never know what you will see or hear these days. They apparently never heard of the leash law. How is the ice on your side holding up?

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2009, 08:11 AM »
desmet was solid at the dam... i was actually heading up into the mountains to fish when my "ex buddy" burned me for the second time  :%$#!:

shame on me i know i know! but that's how i am with friends...:wacko: apparently closing the bars and then texting me on my way up that he "isn't home but should be home around 9 am maybe..." is the way to treat your "buddy" on a planned excursion... NOT!!!

i was going to pick him up at his front door in sheridan and then head back up the red grade road close to sawmill lake, i brought cheddar brats, camp stove, drinks, etc... when i passed desmet i saw ice and figured, "to heck with him... i'm not his personal fishing valet service" and turned the truck off the highway!

btw, it was a good day!  :icefish:

oh yeah... the ice was solid.

Offline fishlord

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • worst day of fishing better than best day of work
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2009, 09:38 AM »
Hey GambOOler,I think your fishing with one of my ol fishing buddies,LOL.Had a few of them buddies just like that so I just quit asking them to go.I have an older fishing partner these days and he is allways ready to go,sometimes way earlier in the morning then I want but that's all good to.Hes like you,brings all the food and drink and munchy stuff.Man I am lucky to have such a friend.sounds like you had a great time all and all and that's whats important.
Randy

Offline rodrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2009, 11:35 PM »
yeah.. that sounds like a couple of my buddies too.Gettn harder and harder to find reliable buddies. You go out and get some good fish though and you cant beat em off you with a long rod.. ;)

[img]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee5/elkcrazedfrk/TeamWyoming1.jpg[img]

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2009, 08:07 AM »
yeah.. that sounds like a couple of my buddies too.Gettn harder and harder to find reliable buddies. You go out and get some good fish though and you cant beat em off you with a long rod.. ;)
your wisdom is without boundaries rodrunner!!!  :roflmao: :roflmao: :bow:

later that same night he finally gets the, er, manhood to give me a call... "sorry 'bout that, howdya do???" and when i tell him, he comes back with "are ya going again??? how much longer you figure the ice will be good???"

i'd help him move still, but our fishing days together will be fewer... some days i just enjoy being out there by myself.  :tipup:

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
« Reply #6 on: Mar 17, 2009, 10:21 AM »
If you want to hit it this weekend let me know partner

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2009, 02:46 PM »
If you want to hit it this weekend let me know partner
if i don't get called out for work i'll be there! let you know later in the week. looking forward to one more trip...  :clap:

Offline rodrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 19, 2009, 10:35 PM »
How bout sunday fellas??? Suposed to be the last nice day before the cold front..

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 20, 2009, 08:54 AM »
i may make a saturday run... sunday's a possibility still... should know more later.  :tipup:

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
« Reply #10 on: Mar 20, 2009, 11:33 AM »
How bout Sunday fellas??? Supposed to be the last nice day before the cold front..

Give me a call RR on Saturday. I should know more. I would be good to swill a beer with you again. Bloody Mary's?

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

Offline rodrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Mar 20, 2009, 11:14 PM »
ohhhh.bloddy marys sound really good. I'll call you Saturday. I'm still fightn this freakn pneumonia. I'll see how I feel . After what i went through I'm a little skittish bout going out and gettn sick again.

Offline 40below

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Me & Chops
« Reply #12 on: Mar 21, 2009, 09:14 PM »
Thinkin about goin out sunday, just curious how the ice is out there. Just bought a new ice auger on sale and want to test out. There is a sale at the Big R 50% all ice fishing gear 25% of augers so I stocked up! ;D
Work can kiss my grits, i'm goin ice fishin!!

Offline rodrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Mar 21, 2009, 10:47 PM »
No fish'n for me.. :'( I cant get rid of the after math of pneumonia. Bout ready to cough up a lung. Keepn me up at night. Been horrible. Guess this wuss will have to wait for soft water.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 22, 2009, 04:42 AM »
got called for a guernsey run... for some reason the wifey thinks workin' during this time of economic uncertainty is more important than hitting the ice one last time... or maybe it was it'd be at least until next ice i wasn't on the couch???... whichever it was, it meant the same!  :whistle: :tipup:

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Mar 24, 2009, 08:55 AM »
did anybody hit desmet over the weekend??? how was the ice??? i wanted to be there but the economy called!!!  ;D

we were hit pretty hard with the storm and have 6'+ drifts across the driveway this morning...  :%$#!:

gotta get the shovel out too...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.