The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Difference in the ION auger bits  (Read 988 times)

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Difference in the ION auger bits
« on: Feb 25, 2018, 06:27 AM »
Anyone know if there is any real difference in performance between the two ION 8" auger bits on the market?  The original has the green ring with shaver blades and the newest one sports a gloss black ring with what look like chipper blades.  Both types are available currently from multiple vendors, but I see Ardisam is only showing the black ring model on their site...

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Re: Difference in the ION auger bits
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2018, 09:39 PM »
Anyone know if there is any real difference in performance between the two ION 8" auger bits on the market?  The original has the green ring with shaver blades and the newest one sports a gloss black ring with what look like chipper blades.  Both types are available currently from multiple vendors, but I see Ardisam is only showing the black ring model on their site...

I believe the "newer" auger is the one with the black ring.....which I believe is made from cast. I'm not sure, but heard that the original green ringed one with shaver blades was having issues with the green ring getting bent out of shape, which caused it to bind when trying to drill a hole. The new black cast ring shouldn't bend out of shape.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.