Author Topic: Willow Slough  (Read 15446 times)

Offline fishingmachine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish...Eat...Sleep
Re: Willow Slough
« Reply #60 on: Feb 21, 2007, 07:38 PM »
Went out Tuesday at 3:30 p.m. fished the same spot that my wife and I fished Sunday.  2 fish in 5 min. Then nothing until 4:00.  After 4 it seemed like every 15 min or so I would catch 2. Brought home 18 keepers, did catch 2 bass at 16 in.  Headed out today at 3, tried another place only brought home 7 today.

Devan's first Large Mouth        Skilar's first Large Mouth through the ice
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day...Teach him to fish, feed him for a life time...
In Loving Memory of Roy H. Leach Sr., 3/14/4

Offline fishingmachine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish...Eat...Sleep
« Reply #61 on: Feb 27, 2007, 06:14 PM »
Finally found the camera with the picture of the fish the wife and I caught
[/img]

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day...Teach him to fish, feed him for a life time...

Offline fishingmachine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish...Eat...Sleep
« Reply #62 on: Feb 27, 2007, 06:22 PM »

Offline Piggyn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Feb 27, 2007, 06:29 PM »
Here you go...

Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

Offline fishingmachine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish...Eat...Sleep
« Reply #64 on: Feb 27, 2007, 06:35 PM »
Thanks I figured out what I did, after I hit post.  Thanks again

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #65 on: Feb 27, 2007, 06:39 PM »
Swinging by there Friday afternoon.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline bowbass

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Feb 28, 2007, 09:29 AM »
blufloyd  could you let us know how much ice is there fri night  after you get back and let us know how you did ????? please??? cause we are under a flood watch its suppose to rain from tonight till thur or friday  and temps in high 40s  but i do want to venture out sat or sunday !! so any info would  be graet  thanks !!

Offline TUSH

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #67 on: Mar 01, 2007, 12:58 PM »
Yes. It I sure would appreciate any comments on the ice condition after March 5th. I am going to be curious about what the weather has done to it.  THANKS

Offline coondog59

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Mar 01, 2007, 05:18 PM »
going to slough tomarrow morning, will post ice condition sometime tomarrow p.m. , Coondog.

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #69 on: Mar 01, 2007, 06:59 PM »
Not going as of now.  45 mph wind gusts might have changed my mind.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline bowbass

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Mar 02, 2007, 08:48 AM »
do you have a shanty?   if you do  decide to venture  out tree steps work great  for holding the shanty in place!
 they screw into the ice nice and easy and holds the shanty in place great! i tried this in those 30 mph winds last week and  didn't have a problem at all even as i walked out of the shanty for tip ups the shanty stayed in place !
 what i did was drilled holes in every corner of my shanty on the bottom end  do this where the thickest part of  plastic is. then what i did was attached rope about 2 ft long in each corner SO i would have a loop of rope in each corner  but like i said try to find the most supported spot( thickest spot)  in the plastic on the shanty
because there will be alot of tension on the  shanty where you attach the rope and you'll also weaken the plastic a little when you drill the holes in each corner  that is why i said to find the most thickest spot then just get yourself > 4 < 2 dollar tree steps and screw in one side first then you can pull the shanty tight before you put your other side of tree steps in this way the shanty is in place nice and tight !! you may think that the ice steps are not long enough cause i thought the same thing thought they would just pull out but they dint they stayed in nice and tight!!

Offline coondog59

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Mar 02, 2007, 03:08 PM »
Don't worry the ice is absolutely fine, didn't lose anything, as far as ice depth or integrity. Limited out in record time this morning, good thing that wind was brutal, but man were they biting. Happy fishing, Coondog.

Offline jigfool

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #72 on: Mar 02, 2007, 04:36 PM »
Thanks Coondog, going out in the morning, appreciate the post.

tight lines
                                                                      jigfool
work is for people who can't fish.....

Offline bowbass

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Mar 02, 2007, 06:03 PM »
thanks coondog :tipup:

Offline hunter2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #74 on: Mar 05, 2007, 02:10 PM »
thought i would try to post a  picture of a few of the Gills from the  Slough on 3-3-07 for the most part they were all good size had just a couple small ones that i had to keep as they wouldn't have have made it. took about 3 hours and probably about 60 fish to get a 25 fish limit but it was sure a lot of fun this lake is going to be a he!! of a panfish lake in another year of two.

[/img]

hopfully they are able to post.

Offline hunter2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #75 on: Mar 05, 2007, 02:51 PM »

one more try on this posting thing

Offline RandyD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #76 on: Mar 05, 2007, 04:54 PM »
Nice mess of gills
Planning on going tomorrow :)
Can't catch'em unless your out trying

Offline ChapstickCharlie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #77 on: Mar 05, 2007, 06:50 PM »
Are you parking at Mormon Hill?
An honest mans' pillow is his peace of mind.

Offline Pitcherbeb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #78 on: Mar 05, 2007, 11:35 PM »
how much ice you have up there?
Women want me, fish fear me!

Offline hunter2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #79 on: Mar 06, 2007, 09:43 AM »
I was parked up front and fish around the willows. Where I was their was about 5 to 6 inches of clear ice with about 2 inches of bad stuff on top. I sure their are still areas out their that have 8 or 10 inches as well just not were i was at. I did run into a area where their was only about 3 inches so be carefull out their. hopfully well have a couple more weekends of fishing thier.

Offline ChapstickCharlie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #80 on: Mar 06, 2007, 10:41 PM »
Thanks.
An honest mans' pillow is his peace of mind.

Offline bowbass

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Mar 07, 2007, 10:37 AM »
I was parked up front and fish around the willows. Where I was their was about 5 to 6 inches of clear ice with about 2 inches of bad stuff on top. I sure their are still areas out their that have 8 or 10 inches as well just not were i was at. I did run into a area where their was only about 3 inches so be carefull out their. hopfully well have a couple more weekends of fishing thier.
Ive been trying to tell these guys on here the same thing !! that Ive been seeing  6,7,9 in of ice when other guys on here are saying ohhhh  nooo way!! theres 12,13 14 in of ice and well have plenty of ice  for a long time  they are saying!! but out at the slough and  a few other lakes  that i go to have less ice then what people say they have ! no one seems to believe me that some spots on  these lakes and i mean some big spots of these lakes  have less ice then what people are reporting!!
unless these guys that report 12 or 14 in of ice just find the safest spot drill 1 or 2 holes and fish the same hole all day  and the same spot everytime they go out! maybe thats why they think we have more ice then what we have   ohh well maybe those guys will be surprised when they venture out in a couple weeks or sooner and they think theres a solid 6 to7 in then  find out theirs only 2 in  or less as they hear the ice crack under their feet and fall in then maybe they'll ?????? some of the posts  instead of criticizing people !!

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Mar 07, 2007, 12:10 PM »
Ive been trying to tell these guys on here the same thing !! that Ive been seeing  6,7,9 in of ice when other guys on here are saying ohhhh  nooo way!! theres 12,13 14 in of ice and well have plenty of ice  for a long time  they are saying!! but out at the slough and  a few other lakes  that i go to have less ice then what people say they have ! no one seems to believe me that some spots on  these lakes and i mean some big spots of these lakes  have less ice then what people are reporting!!
unless these guys that report 12 or 14 in of ice just find the safest spot drill 1 or 2 holes and fish the same hole all day  and the same spot everytime they go out! maybe thats why they think we have more ice then what we have   ohh well maybe those guys will be surprised when they venture out in a couple weeks or sooner and they think theres a solid 6 to7 in then  find out theirs only 2 in  or less as they hear the ice crack under their feet and fall in then maybe they'll ?????? some of the posts  instead of criticizing people !!

Bowbass,

Notice the 12-16 inch reports are coming from NE Indiana, and it has always been stated as NE Indiana.  The Willow Slough is not even close to NE Indiana, thats way west.
Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline jhc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Mar 07, 2007, 12:57 PM »

Hunter2,Very nice bunch of gills,I did'nt think those gills would be that nice already,with
         all recent work they have done to the slough......jhc

Offline hunter2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #84 on: Mar 07, 2007, 03:35 PM »
myself and my buddy have been getting a few nice ones about every time we have went their. but we just happend on a nice little spot that we were able to catch some pretty good fish between the two of us and a couple other friends were able to pull about 125 nice gills out this one little spot last weekend. looking forward to trying to find a few more this weekend. I feel with in the next 1 or 2 the bigger fish will be the norm but their are some really nice fish in their now.

Offline bowbass

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #85 on: Mar 08, 2007, 09:18 AM »
Bowbass,

Notice the 12-16 inch reports are coming from NE Indiana, and it has always been stated as NE Indiana.  The Willow Slough is not even close to NE Indiana, thats way west.
yes i know :o I'm talking about the comments that you guys had posted about my topic that ice was melting due to the wheather where I FISH !!!!!  and allot of you said WHERE I FISH that  we still had 3 to 4 in of ice more than what we actually had  or have! i Never said anything about NE ind. ???
nor did i ever disagreed with anyones  reports about ice melting unlike some of you! i was just reporting  what me and my buddies have been seeing when we go out to fish !!!!  but its all good just trying too have fun!! and find out current conditions!! safe fishing :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Pitcherbeb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #86 on: Mar 08, 2007, 02:50 PM »
I'm going to kick of spring break the right way tomorrow by fishing the Slough. I am going to try for some pike while i'm jigging for gills. Anyone have any ideas of where to go for the pike? I've set tip ups a couple times in the ditches but only caught bass on them! Maybe i'll see some of you guys out there!
Women want me, fish fear me!

Offline RandyD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #87 on: Mar 08, 2007, 03:50 PM »
Good luck
Me and my son were out tuesday and got prolly a dozen
with 4 being keepers a guy also gave use 2
Tough bite that day
cold and windy
Ice was 9" with top half being white ice
Found a spot in some willows with 4"
Be safe out there
Can't catch'em unless your out trying

Offline coondog59

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #88 on: Mar 08, 2007, 09:14 PM »
fished yesterday morning,( 4 of us), limited out, pretty good ice. fished this evening, 2 of us, limited out. tomarrow mornig ice will be fine, due to refreezing tonight. after that all bets are off, we lost some               , both underside and on top today, still solid 6 where i fish. i expect to hear about some getting wet b4 the weekend is over though. be careful this weekend it is going to thaw severely around banks, weeds ,and debris in water, happy fishing , COONDOG.

Offline wawa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #89 on: Mar 09, 2007, 07:46 AM »
If you guys don't mind sharing where have you been catching all these gills at. I am getting off early today to go catch some. I have had one decent day out there right near the parking lot but have not had much success the last 2 or 3 times out. Maybe I have just been picking bad days to go.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.