Author Topic: Inventions  (Read 451792 times)

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Inventions
« Reply #570 on: Jan 15, 2016, 11:42 AM »
<===Lefty===

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #571 on: Jan 15, 2016, 12:03 PM »
Good plan, Lefty.

Thanks.    ;)2           Best read all the comments.

I up graded to 91% alcohol. A little more bang for the buck.

Bad thing is, spill it and you're toast.   

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #572 on: Jan 16, 2016, 06:34 AM »
Good plan, Lefty.

Thanks.    ;)2           Best read all the comments.

I up graded to 91% alcohol. A little more bang for the buck.

Bad thing is, spill it and you're toast.   
Yea it would be me knocking the darn thing over. I can't keep a drink in the tent with me unless I want to lap it up from the ice.
<===Lefty===

Offline RockyMtn.Royster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #573 on: Feb 01, 2016, 04:30 PM »
As an experiment, I connected 2 pro-view transducers in parallel (using male/female connectors I found on e-bay to make a y cable), to my fl18.

It works great!! I drill 2 holes close enough to each  other  (4-5 feet) so that two people as long as they can both see the screen can share the same vex.

As long as you keep track of your own jig it's not confusing at all. I didn't even have to turn up the gain.  I also made an extension cable that allows me to drop one transducer 10 ft away, works like a early warning system.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #574 on: Feb 01, 2016, 07:33 PM »
Anyone use these in their Tent?
http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/2009/04/22/coffee-can-heater/
[/quote

We burned alcohol in saw dust way back when I started ice fishing. We used metal coffee cans that had a metal lid. Put the lid back on and the fire would go out. My first seat was an 8 oz. wood Pepsi case that was a box that had sides the height of the bottles. Decided that was to low so I bought a 16 oz. case for 28 cents. I still have that fish box to this day. My Coleman lantern will fit in the box.

Offline Coldfish98

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #575 on: Feb 01, 2016, 08:45 PM »
Here's my 5 gallon mod. I made this for hole hopping efficiency. I can carry this bucket in one hand and my nils in the other and easily travel around an area with all I need. The rod and scoop holders are 1 1/2 inch pvc bolted on with stainless hardware. The bag on front holds my jigs and waxworms. This makes everything really easy to access. Multiple pliers are mounted on the sides, all in an arms reach. I never need to stand up or even turn around to get to almost anything I need. I keep different presentations on the rods so I can switch up quick to trigger bites depending on the situation (what else do you expect from a bass guy). The inside holds extra gloves, hats, tackle, rope and anything else I might need. So far, it's forked really well. Fishing is faster and easier.

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Passing along the traditions
« Reply #576 on: Feb 02, 2016, 02:13 PM »
Coldfish: I like your set up, looks pretty complete. Where do you keep your catch? Do you carry a second bucket to keep the fish you caught in?

Offline Coldfish98

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #577 on: Feb 02, 2016, 10:31 PM »
Coldfish: I like your set up, looks pretty complete. Where do you keep your catch? Do you carry a second bucket to keep the fish you caught in?
Thanks, it's worked pretty well. I'm not the type who keeps a ton of really any species. Much more of a recreational angler (also comes from being mainly a bass guy) but normally I throw them on the ice and gather them up when the bite slows in another bucket. I could also carry a smaller bucket (I have a couple nice little ones that would work perfectly, maybe 1 or 2 gallon) inside of the 5 gallon so I could just put them in their. Or, I could build a divider up the  middle and use one side for storage and one side for fish. I haven't encountered a situation where I needed that yet (ice in NY has been pathetic) but it's certainly worth looking into.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #578 on: Feb 12, 2016, 12:39 PM »
A new invention this year.
Non-Lethal Gaff.

T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #579 on: Mar 23, 2016, 05:49 PM »
I bought this bucket and use it for a flag bucket. it has:
small bucket for a few bait
hooks, split shot, swivels, and leader material under the bucket
tape measure
pliers, and other hook removers
split ring pliers/ braid cutter
hookout
jaw spreader
scent remover bar
sounder
hook sharpener
scale
Hemostats
Perch eye remover
Disgorger

T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline papadarv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #580 on: May 05, 2016, 07:30 AM »
My latest invention I call the BiDi EyePan. It’s a wireless compass/panner for my Vexilar FP100 Fish Phone underwater camera. It has a 2 button wireless remote controller to rotate the camera remotely, much like those used to control my Minn kota trolling motor.

The picture is one of my patent drawings showing the various parts of the unit. It’s a prototype I built to test and make sure the thing works. The video with sound demonstrates the unit in operation. (Click the link below the drawing)

http://vid358.photobucket.com/albums/oo27/darvbethke/BiDiEyePan%20A1sm.mp4

This idea started after my Ottertail MN trip in Feb. The 6 people on the trip constantly wanted me to rotate the camera to their jig/bait as each had the camera image on their smart phones. It was a pain in the neck to constantly get up and manually turn the camera compass.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #581 on: May 06, 2016, 03:01 AM »
Papadarv good luck getting a patent I think your invention will have a market waiting among ice fishing anglers.
Steve

Offline dangle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #582 on: May 06, 2016, 06:32 AM »
this is a fun thread to read

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #583 on: May 06, 2016, 06:35 AM »
Papa  That is a real neat invention. Good luck on getting it patented.

Offline papadarv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #584 on: May 06, 2016, 02:30 PM »
Filing a patent has gotten a bit simpler and easier in the past years. Its called a Provisional Patent enacted into law in 1994 with revisions as late as Dec 2010. In effect the provisional application is a legal document filed in the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), that establishes an early filing date. The application requires all parts of a non-provisional application except for the "Claims". A good invention is documented with drawings and very detail description of the idea excluding specific design. The more information, the greater the protection. Its good for 12 months at which time you need to do the non-provisional with claims to have a completed patent. The cost is much less $260.00 for provisional if you do the work yourself. The whole idea behind this patent is to test the market before spending the $3k to $10k for a patent attorney and final filing. Your entitled to include the words "Patent Pending" on all your patent work and products sold. (See Clams Drill Plate or Vexilars FishPhone and SonarPhone. These all have "Patent Pending" printed on the product package.) Many inventions do not go to the non-provisional expensive patent as after a year as the high margins gained from being first start to fall off. If you buy somethin and see "Patent Pending" printed on the package this is the reason.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #585 on: Jul 11, 2016, 10:45 PM »
does anybody have a use or an idea for these
(Image removed from quote.)

if so let me know i have alot of them

right now we use them from everything from scooping dog food to using them to store kids toys lol

get some pool noodles cut them to fit the spindle store your pike leaders on the pool noodles.. or even smelt leaders 

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #586 on: Dec 21, 2016, 03:42 PM »
I made this cleaning board for my ATV a couple of years ago. I don't have to take a table now. It's just the right height so I don't have to bend over too.

Offline metalbender

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #587 on: Dec 21, 2016, 03:54 PM »
How does the camera panner differ from the Aqua Vu mo pod?    Mine works great, priced reasonable.  Will you be able to market it for less than current products?

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #588 on: Dec 21, 2016, 04:33 PM »
How does the camera panner differ from the Aqua Vu mo pod?    Mine works great, priced reasonable.  Will you be able to market it for less than current products?
May be best to PM the person you're addressing.    ;)2

A little help: Go to their post, click on their screen name, click "Send PM", type your message and send.    :bow:

A sure way to wake 'em up. 

Offline metalbender

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #589 on: Dec 21, 2016, 06:42 PM »
Shouldn't be too hard to figure out. A question pertaining to a camera panning device invented, still on the same page.  So it's a post from last spring, not like it was dragged up from a couple of years ago.  Hats off to someone who can build their own electronic stuff.  I didn't invent the track sled either, just built my version of what was already out there.  Cheers, I'm a rookie and occasionally suffer from crusty senior syndrome.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #590 on: Dec 21, 2016, 07:26 PM »
Shouldn't be too hard to figure out. A question pertaining to a camera panning device invented, still on the same page.  So it's a post from last spring, not like it was dragged up from a couple of years ago.  Hats off to someone who can build their own electronic stuff.  I didn't invent the track sled either, just built my version of what was already out there.  Cheers, I'm a rookie and occasionally suffer from crusty senior syndrome.
Extremely sorry to have intruded on you, Sir.    Only trying to help get your question answered.

Good luck on the ice.

Offline fishEH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #591 on: Dec 25, 2016, 02:19 PM »
Made a bucket light! I figure it will be good inside the shanty to see my line around the hole. Also, if I get a flag at night I can just grab the bucket with my pliers and bait in it and have light at the hole.
LED strip lights and an extra switch I had laying around.

Right now I'm running them off a Milwaukee M18 battery.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #592 on: Dec 25, 2016, 03:06 PM »
Good thinkin' fishEH  and very well done.  Thanks for sharing, Sir   ;)2

Could you possibly be coerced into showing your pride by completing your profile with a location?    ???

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #593 on: Dec 25, 2016, 08:28 PM »
Good thinkin' fishEH  and very well done.  Thanks for sharing, Sir   ;)2

Could you possibly be coerced into showing your pride by completing your profile with a location?    ???

2X where are we going to see you running around with this bucket lol.
That's a good idea for the night bite guys running tipups. :thumbsup:
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #594 on: Jan 04, 2017, 04:08 AM »
Made a bucket light! I figure it will be good inside the shanty to see my line around the hole. Also, if I get a flag at night I can just grab the bucket with my pliers and bait in it and have light at the hole.
LED strip lights and an extra switch I had laying around.

Very nice job! :bow:

WS

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • C'mon Sub-Zeros! Tēm Hîpē FySh <°]))}{
« Reply #595 on: Jan 06, 2017, 10:12 AM »
bucket and table are both awesome!! thanks to you guys for sharing  :tipup:

Offline fishEH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #596 on: Feb 02, 2017, 10:29 PM »
Finally had a chance to try it out.  Couldnt9be happier with it. Had two flags (with lights) go up tonight.  I had already placed the minnow bucket inside the 5 gallon bucket along with some pliers and jaw spreaders. When the flag popped I just grabbed the bucket,  flipped the switch to turn on the lights, and ran over there.
This pic is when I drilled the hole.

And this is a crappie I got on a tip up. No flash on the camera needed.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #597 on: Feb 02, 2017, 11:10 PM »
Proofed and pass !     Even enough light for a good clear photo.      :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
« Reply #598 on: Feb 03, 2017, 07:21 AM »
Nice job on the bucket, good tool to have!  ;D

Offline CLUTCHfan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #599 on: Feb 17, 2017, 06:08 AM »
$4.50 AquaVu Micro reel system.
1- 1/4-20x1" stainless bolt
1- 1/4-20 nut
1- 1/4-20 nylock nut
2- 1/4" nylon washers
1- 6-32x1.5" philips head bolt
1- #6 nylock nut
1- #6 nylon sleeve/spacer 1/4"Dx1/4"L
1- #6 nylon sleeve/spacer 3/8"Dx3/4"L
1- 4" thin wall pvc cap.

*Edit - The bolts, nylock nuts, and regular nut are all stainless.

Tack welded the regular nut onto the bolt head in two places so I could still get a wrench on it. Cut the cap down to 1 1/4"high. Drilled a hole in the center of the cap to fit the 1/4-20 bolt. put a nylon washer on the bolt, put it through the outside of the cap, added another washer to the inside of the cap, tightened down the nylock nut so the bolt can spin but without being too loose/ sloppy. Drilled a hole in the side of the cap to put the camera wire through. Opened the lanyard hole by the power button with a drill bit to fit the 6-32 bolt. Put the bolt in, followed by the small spacer, large spacer, and the nylock nut. Tightened down so the larger spacer can still spin. Took all the camera wire off the spool on the back of the camera, unplugged the wire from the camera, ran through the hole in the side of the cap, plugged back in. Tighten the 1/4-20 bolt (that's attached to the whole cap assembly) into the bipod/tripod/attachment nut on the back of the spool.

Instead of holding the camera, and turning a reel to wind the cord up, you hold onto the pvc cap and turn the camera to let the wire in and out (up and down). Been using it this whole season with no problems. No moving parts to twist up the camera wire, can still use a flex attachment to hold the camera by screwing it into the nut welded on the bolt head. It's not fancy, but costs approx $145.50 less than the available retail reel system. Took less than an hour total to make.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.