Author Topic: Inventions  (Read 451489 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Inventions
« Reply #450 on: Feb 16, 2013, 04:28 AM »
Looks like a good rig!

WS

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #451 on: Feb 16, 2013, 08:29 AM »
Cool it works, how do you guys like my alarm system ;D
Everyone looks when a can hit the ice...

nice job! remember, your alarm makes it count as a tip-up.  :-\
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline ih772

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #452 on: Feb 27, 2013, 12:40 PM »
Could you just use a 45 fitting where you bend the pvc? Would be easier.
A 45 has way too much bend in it for the length of pipe needed for the spreader to work well.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #453 on: Sep 01, 2013, 08:18 AM »
Anyone working on the next innovation?
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #454 on: Sep 28, 2013, 09:00 AM »
Would my ATV Pole Holder qualify? I made it out of a piece of Decking and PVC. The bungees hold the rods tight and the PVC has 2 screws holding each piece down.

<===Lefty===

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #455 on: Oct 02, 2013, 02:50 PM »
Yeah, that counts!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #456 on: Nov 04, 2013, 07:30 PM »
I made a rod rack for my quad I found that you must cover the reels up or the dust will ruin your line and screw up the reel we used to use plastic bags from the grocery store,we damaged to many rods with that set up and switched to a piece of pvc pipe with threaded caps bunge corded to the back rack

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #457 on: Nov 17, 2013, 11:28 AM »

Hey Bart, Good Day.

Hope you and yours had a excellent summer.  Have a few minor thoughts for a couple of ideas. But nothing in stone as of yet.  How about you?
Any thing on the imaginary innovation burner?? Any thoughts on what we can build? 

AltaIce    @)
  " I Don't Fail …  I Succeed In Finding What Does Not Work "

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #458 on: Nov 17, 2013, 12:46 PM »
How about a time machine so we can go back to the beginning of winter to fish it all again?
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #459 on: Nov 17, 2013, 01:28 PM »
AltaIce, other than a minor setback, can't wait to hit the ice again! I only had a couple of mods for the sled, but don't think they will be coming about this season. Hope all is well on your end...

"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline one last cast

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #460 on: Nov 19, 2013, 11:35 AM »
Bart this may be a good one for people with bad backs or knees less stress on the body from bending or squating down. Here is my latest creation. Skimmer extension.

one ice scoop with aluminum handle, one piece of 1/2inch pvc with female end still attached cut to same lenght as ice scoop(mine was 19 1/4" long), and one 1/4'' x 2" wide D-lock ring. This was stuff I had laying around in the garage, due to a possible pinched nerve in my back I started thinking of way's to help my mobility on the ice. Enjoy!   -OLC
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #461 on: Nov 19, 2013, 11:47 AM »
I have one of these, it extends out to 36". I took and painted a white ring around the handle in 1' increments...after drilling your hole, just put it down until it catches bottom of the ice, tells you how thick the ice is.  ;)

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10845547&camp=CSE:GooglePLA:10845547:8915483:TACKLE-&gsidynamic=GooglePLA-_-TACKLE-_-TACKLE-_-SKU-8915483
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline AK ice fisher

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #462 on: Nov 21, 2013, 11:08 PM »
Hi guys, Ed Mooney here from Auger Tow Enterprises Ice Auger Carriers.  Here is a YouTube link for our ice auger carrier http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkVBAvIjJ_w&feature=c4-feed-u  our website is auger-tow.com.  Please free to contact us through private message on here or through the website.  I am happy to answer any questions you have  :)

Offline jchunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #463 on: Nov 21, 2013, 11:31 PM »
Bart this may be a good one for people with bad backs or knees less stress on the body from bending or squating down. Here is my latest creation. Skimmer extension.
(Image removed from quote.)
one ice scoop with aluminum handle, one piece of 1/2inch pvc with female end still attached cut to same lenght as ice scoop(mine was 19 1/4" long), and one 1/4'' x 2" wide D-lock ring. This was stuff I had laying around in the garage, due to a possible pinched nerve in my back I started thinking of way's to help my mobility on the ice. Enjoy!   -OLC

I've seen guys near me on local lakes use something like this for hole hopping with long rods. What they use is a golf club shaft with the head part cut off and then tape on a light weight skimmer. It seems really nice plus the rubber grip already on the club shaft is good for gripping. They also use it to help get there fish out of the hole. They don't kneel down on the ice at all, just walk up to a hole fish it for a bit then on to the next hole. I want to make one myself but need a cheap golf club first.

Offline AK ice fisher

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #464 on: Nov 21, 2013, 11:38 PM »
Hi guys, Ed Mooney here from Auger Tow Enterprises Ice Auger Carriers.  Here is a YouTube link for our ice auger carrier http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkVBAvIjJ_w&feature=c4-feed-u  our website is auger-tow.com.  Please free to contact us through private message on here or through the website.  I am happy to answer any questions you have 

Offline d4ng3r3ux

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #465 on: Nov 23, 2013, 05:46 PM »
If you want people to see your video make it available for mobile users also!!!

Hi guys, Ed Mooney here from Auger Tow Enterprises Ice Auger Carriers.  Here is a YouTube link for our ice auger carrier http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkVBAvIjJ_w&feature=c4-feed-u  our website is auger-tow.com.  Please free to contact us through private message on here or through the website.  I am happy to answer any questions you have

Offline osiris

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #466 on: Nov 29, 2013, 06:31 AM »
I've seen guys near me on local lakes use something like this for hole hopping with long rods. What they use is a golf club shaft with the head part cut off and then tape on a light weight skimmer. It seems really nice plus the rubber grip already on the club shaft is good for gripping. They also use it to help get there fish out of the hole. They don't kneel down on the ice at all, just walk up to a hole fish it for a bit then on to the next hole. I want to make one myself but need a cheap golf club first.

check these out they work great in shacks off the ice http://thefishelevator.com/ ive got a few

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #467 on: Nov 29, 2013, 09:32 AM »
Boy I don't know. Looks like a tangled up mess with the line going around it.
<===Lefty===

Offline trkyhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #468 on: Nov 30, 2013, 10:45 AM »
Well, it's nto really an invention but to protect my rods I bought a cheap Hard sided Bow case (one that doesn't have arrow storage in one side, just egg crate type foam in the top and bottom) and use that to store and transport my rods in. Wasn't very expensive (relatively), works fantastic and would take a lot to get damge through it. A hard sided gun case would work too.

Anything that looks like this inside would be sufficient....

or

I use a similar thing for a few rods. I use a hard side arrow case. Cheap and keeps the tips intact.

:tipup:
Yes Virginia....Santa does ice fish

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Build A Smitty Sled.......it's a back & lung saver
« Reply #469 on: Dec 06, 2013, 04:54 PM »
I made this for my underwater camera, kinda resembles the compass.......but this won't turn......I use a foam ball on camera cord as my stopper(the foam ball floats if I drop it in hole)... it is 10" in diameter to cover my 8" hole, the legs are 1" pipe straps with a screw thru them to "bite" the ice and keep it from moving, made from white oak with 3 coats of spar urethane on it.......what I like about this set-up is that it sits low and I can step over it....with a tripod, the legs stick out and can be a tripping hazard and is hard to step over.

[email protected] if you don't have a FB account.....or search "The Original Smitty Sled" on FB....thank you

Offline hoosierdad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #470 on: Dec 06, 2013, 10:41 PM »
Nice!
love to fish....hate to work

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #471 on: Dec 07, 2013, 08:29 AM »
I made this for my underwater camera, kinda resembles the compass.......but this won't turn......I use a foam ball on camera cord as my stopper(the foam ball floats if I drop it in hole)... it is 10" in diameter to cover my 8" hole, the legs are 1" pipe straps with a screw thru them to "bite" the ice and keep it from moving, made from white oak with 3 coats of spar urethane on it.......what I like about this set-up is that it sits low and I can step over it....with a tripod, the legs stick out and can be a tripping hazard and is hard to step over.

Morning "Smitty0312"

Your a Genius.  As soon as you mentioned the tripping hazard, I thought of myself trying to move around the inside of my crowded  ice tent and trying to keep my balance and lift my leg high enough to clear the height.  My friend you are on to something here. Also keeping in mind the wind factor when it is used outside from tipping over. Even if it is just used as a flat platform to place anything on it, to keep something out of the snow, (Tackle Box etc).  Holy moly, you invented the Ice Fishing Coffee Table… LOL .. Awesome idea and great craftsmanship.   

Have a great weekend, with Tight Lines through out this hard water season.

AltaIce    @)
  " I Don't Fail …  I Succeed In Finding What Does Not Work "

Offline Gnatter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #472 on: Dec 11, 2013, 02:00 AM »
What length rods do you guys (and gals) use for your tie-downs? I have never used them before but I want to make a couple. I guess it is trial and error to find the correct bend in the rod. I'm guessing the species of fins you are after has a bearing on that too!

Offline icerookie5212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #473 on: Jan 03, 2014, 08:54 AM »
I've seen many good inventions on here. Here is a new rod design that is pretty cool!

http://www.cnycustomrods.com/new-revolution-series

Offline gillinator1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #474 on: Jan 07, 2014, 09:26 PM »
So while I was fishing the other day I wondered why there wasn't a heated ice fishing pole using hand warmers inside the handle. Turns out Genz had one in 2005 but it mustn't have done well because I can't find them for sale.

So I made my own poor man's disposable model using simple supplies anyone has. You need: one empty toilet paper roll, duct tape and two hand warmers.

Take your TP roll and wrap it with duct tape. Cut it down the center and overlap 1/4" (that worked on all my poles you might have to make it tighter or looser for yours). Tape down the seam. Hold the hand warmers on top and bottom of the handle of the pole with one hand and screw/wiggle twist the roll over the two hand warmers until they are covered. That's it. It's warm as can be.

Of course I took it one step farther and sewed a black elastic cover that snugged it all down. How long do hand warmers last, 8 to 10 hours?

If anyone makes one let me know how it works for you.

Offline gillinator1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #475 on: Jan 07, 2014, 09:57 PM »
Rod case made of aluminum coil stock.

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #476 on: Jan 08, 2014, 11:54 AM »
I've seen many good inventions on here. Here is a new rod design that is pretty cool!

http://www.cnycustomrods.com/new-revolution-series

Looks like you have to turn the reel backwards.

Offline icerookie5212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #477 on: Jan 09, 2014, 03:43 PM »
The reel is turned around, but the nice thing about a fly reel or straight line reel us that you can reverse the bearing around and change the direction it is reeled. Therefore, you'd still be reeling in the direction you're used to.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #478 on: Jan 21, 2014, 05:53 PM »
Shanty light;

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #479 on: Jan 21, 2014, 05:58 PM »
Shanty light;

RG

With a little modification those broom holders could be made to hold a piece of pvc or other platic tubing for a rod holder that could be hooked on a flip shanty poles or what ever.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.