Author Topic: Inventions  (Read 452442 times)

Offline NEW222

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Inventions
« Reply #360 on: Feb 03, 2012, 10:16 PM »
Hey there hick.  Very nice and good looking.  I will have to find some material and try one.  Looks great and also looks like they don't take up a lot of realestate.

Offline Bryan in iowa

• IceShanty Rookie
home made Ice hopper
« Reply #361 on: Feb 04, 2012, 06:38 PM »
Had few beers other night and built this rod / vex holder .

Offline Bryan in iowa

• IceShanty Rookie
retry pic
« Reply #362 on: Feb 04, 2012, 06:42 PM »
[/img]

Offline Bryan in iowa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #363 on: Feb 04, 2012, 09:39 PM »
one more try

Offline Bryan in iowa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #364 on: Feb 04, 2012, 09:41 PM »

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #365 on: Feb 06, 2012, 05:34 PM »
Do you need a license to fly that thing?
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline Woodland

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #366 on: Feb 06, 2012, 05:58 PM »
are those shelf supports? can they be removed? I made mine out of flat aluminum...works but was expensive!

Offline Bryan in iowa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #367 on: Feb 06, 2012, 07:13 PM »
Yep , shelf brackets from menards. $1.30 each .  Bolted on with wingnuts . Got 1by1 wood stick screwed in bottom to hold battery in place .

Offline Woodland

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #368 on: Feb 08, 2012, 12:13 PM »
i used 2" insulation foam cut to the size of the bucket bottom to hold the battery. Light and holds it in really snug

Offline outlaw5oo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #369 on: Feb 10, 2012, 11:33 AM »
not a invention but my take on the mino life cooler for about $16 haven't used it yet but I will for sure this weekend

Offline Quantrel

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Waugh!! I have the hair of the BEAR in me!!
« Reply #370 on: Feb 10, 2012, 11:41 AM »
Some really nice inventions guys!
Maybe we can run the IPO here eh  :tipup:

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Offline pipeboy98

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #371 on: Feb 10, 2012, 12:36 PM »
(Image removed from quote.) not a invention but my take on the mino life cooler for about $16 haven't used it yet but I will for sure this weekend

i've often thought about doing that myself....how much was the aerator??

Offline outlaw5oo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #372 on: Feb 10, 2012, 12:56 PM »
It was $13 I think. It's the best aerator Walmart had plus it's a sealed unit. I cut a small slice on the cooler to fit the clip on the aerator and a small hole for a tight fit on the air line just under the lid.

Offline pipeboy98

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #373 on: Feb 10, 2012, 01:40 PM »
does it take 2 d's and how long do they last??

Offline outlaw5oo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #374 on: Feb 10, 2012, 02:23 PM »
Package says 2 ds for 52 hours so realistically 30 hours in the cold

Offline ima-icehole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #375 on: Feb 13, 2012, 11:31 AM »
I finally finished my hook setter it turned out great.

Offline ima-icehole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #376 on: Feb 13, 2012, 11:36 AM »
another pic.

Offline ima-icehole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #377 on: Feb 13, 2012, 11:39 AM »
one more

Offline hickgtx600f4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #378 on: Feb 13, 2012, 11:43 AM »
nice.  :thumbsup:

My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my gear for what i said i paid for it.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #379 on: Feb 14, 2012, 07:50 AM »
I finally finished my hook setter it turned out great.(Image removed from quote.)

Mind me asking. What does the tip of the pole attach to and how is it triggered? That isn't too clear for me.
<===Lefty===

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #380 on: Feb 14, 2012, 03:27 PM »
Mind me asking. What does the tip of the pole attach to and how is it triggered? That isn't too clear for me.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it is a paper clip held onto the dowel with black tape.  The line goes through the notch in the dowel.. when a fish takes line, the dowel is pulled down releasing the paper clip from the rod eye..

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #381 on: Feb 14, 2012, 03:54 PM »
Saw these for sale on ebay. Were they yours?
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline Booppr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #382 on: Feb 17, 2012, 01:39 AM »
Mc Donnalds straw spring bobber. First thing you do is cut a straw in half
@=====\=====@
Then at one end of a half, measure aprox. 1/4 inch from the end and cut with scissors across the yellow stripe up to the edges of the red stripe. Then on the other side of the half cut through the red line up to the edges if the yellow line. Those  cuts make the "eye" of the string bobber.

()_)_____. ()_)______

Cut down the edge of each color to make the shaft of the spring bobber

Once you have done this you should have two spring bobbers, one mostly red and one mostly yellow and two pieces of white straw walls

Tape the spring bobber to the tip of your pole and catch more fish than you ever thought POSSIBLE!!!

Just made some myself and can't wait to try them out.

The shorter they are the less sensitive they are.

They may not be a "go too" piece of equipment, but for one that jus broke or a buddy that never used them it could make or break the trip

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #383 on: Feb 17, 2012, 12:01 PM »
Hey Booppr,

Post a picture... Green technology of re-purposing trash is all the rage now... ;)

Offline P Gottshall

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #384 on: Feb 18, 2012, 12:00 PM »
Hey Guys!  No ice in 50degree Illinois, so I've not been on the site this year.  Spending time in the shop instead of on the ice.  >:(

Anyway, I am very impressed with the ideas posted here, and am very very glad to see this thread has continued since I was first involved with it in 2005!  What is it they say, ice is the mother of invention?

I am most impressed how everyone is willing to share their best ideas!  Keep it up; I love seeing ideas that get my mind spinning!!!

Offline P Gottshall

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #385 on: Feb 18, 2012, 12:04 PM »
ps - tulips are up!

Offline Booppr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #386 on: Feb 20, 2012, 07:41 AM »
Was out on the ice this weekend, didn't check anything this weekend. Once I get home I will try and post some pics up.

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #387 on: Mar 04, 2012, 01:40 PM »
I have been trying a trigger like this that is made from a 6" piece of wire. I showed it to prchslyr just last week. needs some more tweeking but worked well. caught a few perch and pickerel on it.

Offline ryno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ditch the bobbers and get a 'tight line'
« Reply #388 on: Sep 08, 2012, 07:27 PM »
I came up with mod for my auger.  The flighting on augers is some what sharp and can be hard on shelters, bags and about any equipment it rides against.  So....I bought some door trim that goes along the edge to prevent door dings, and wrapped the flighting edge from top to bottom.  It fit perfectly and looks good.  It will also protect the edge of the flighting from dings which should help prevent rust.  The plastic trim has some adhesive so its adhered pretty well.  The plastic is pretty hard and slick so shouldn't cause any binding in the hole...if anything it should help reduce any binding.  Now if we can just some ice so I can try it out.
 (Image removed from quote.)

Well after a relatively short ice season last year the edging held up very well...actually looks new still.  Also after 6 months of sitting around the edging hasnt moved and still is adhered securely.
]

Offline TrackerG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #389 on: Nov 16, 2012, 09:51 AM »
I posted this under equipment...seems more appropriate here.......So..there doesnt seem to be a tool for Eskimo ice anchors and I know they dont work in the Clam anchor tool. I found this unacceptable. I decided to fabricate one.  I used an old propane weed burner end, cut a couple slots in it, welded a spark plug sock to the end, dipped it in that rubber stuff for tools (plasti-dip) and waalaah...It can be screwed in using a speed wrench (3/8" drive) or I am using the crank for leveling jacks on my camper. depending on the socket that you use. I havent tried it in ice yet but it works in a block of wood and I am confident it will work fine in ice. With an adapter...it can be used with a cordless drill.
I have made 4 of these.....yes...I have 3 friends..lol and they tell me I should patent this idea but I just wanted a tool to save my wrists from screwing these anchors into the ice.
http://www.myfishingpictures.com/data/500/medium/IMAG0721.jpg
http://www.myfishingpictures.com/data/500/medium/IMAG0722.jpg

Remember...just cuz you arent paranoid...doesn't mean they're not out to get ya!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.