Author Topic: Inventions  (Read 452446 times)

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
Re: Inventions
« Reply #330 on: Jan 03, 2012, 09:39 PM »
I came up with mod for my auger.  The flighting on augers is some what sharp and can be hard on shelters, bags and about any equipment it rides against.  So....I bought some door trim that goes along the edge to prevent door dings, and wrapped the flighting edge from top to bottom.  It fit perfectly and looks good.  It will also protect the edge of the flighting from dings which should help prevent rust.  The plastic trim has some adhesive so its adhered pretty well.  The plastic is pretty hard and slick so shouldn't cause any binding in the hole...if anything it should help reduce any binding.  Now if we can just some ice so I can try it out.
 (Image removed from quote.)
Have u tried it yet did it work and stay on
Just enjoying life

Offline ryno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ditch the bobbers and get a 'tight line'
« Reply #331 on: Jan 04, 2012, 02:47 AM »
Have u tried it yet did it work and stay on
works great.  I have drilled some crooked holes as well with no problems with binding.  Unfortunately our ice is bout shot right now and the thickest I have had the pleasure of being on was 7-8".  The adhesive seems to be very strong.  I would recommend cleaning the edge with alcohol or a paint thinner prior to adhering to make sure you get a clean surface.  I have a bag that I haul my auger around in but will definitely prevent excessive wear in it.  I may even buy another chunk and give my friends that travel with.
]

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #332 on: Jan 04, 2012, 10:07 AM »
I have been eyeing the jaw jacker and auto fisherman for quite some time now, but i didn't really like the price so i had everything but the trigger figured out, came here and found some inspiration...  i think it looks pretty good, i'll be putting it to use this saturday...  with this length it works perfect for my 24" medium action and 24" ultra light, i figure the medium for trout lakes and the ultra for perch.  i made three different triggers last night and figured out the longer the trigger the lighter the pull.  i filled the cross braces with silicon and sand for some added weight.  let me know what you think.

Offline hearn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #333 on: Jan 04, 2012, 01:26 PM »
I have been eyeing the jaw jacker and auto fisherman for quite some time now, but i didn't really like the price so i had everything but the trigger figured out, came here and found some inspiration...  i think it looks pretty good, i'll be putting it to use this saturday...  with this length it works perfect for my 24" medium action and 24" ultra light, i figure the medium for trout lakes and the ultra for perch.  i made three different triggers last night and figured out the longer the trigger the lighter the pull.  i filled the cross braces with silicon and sand for some added weight.  let me know what you think.

[IMG]http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt349/Duneman101/lipper.jpg[img]

[IMG]http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt349/Duneman101/lipper2.jpg[img]

[IMG]http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt349/Duneman101/lippertrigger.jpg[img]

Duneman that looks frickin' awesome!  What kind of rod is that?  Been looking for something just like that ...

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #334 on: Jan 04, 2012, 02:44 PM »
Duneman that looks frickin' awesome!  What kind of rod is that?  Been looking for something just like that ...

It's a 24' medium action...  i'll see if i can get a brand or more specific info when i get home. 

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #335 on: Jan 04, 2012, 03:02 PM »

I like it.. Let us know how it works for ya...

Offline beerbellybob106

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #336 on: Jan 04, 2012, 03:02 PM »
that rod is a HT enterprise ice blues rod i have several of them and they are great rods

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #337 on: Jan 04, 2012, 03:35 PM »
that rod is a HT enterprise ice blues rod i have several of them and they are great rods

Yup! They are among my favorites.  ;D

Offline upstate bass2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #338 on: Jan 04, 2012, 03:44 PM »
Used the same rod in 30'' for my first hookset rod holder. then I moved up to a 4' 6'' rod for the next one I made for pike. That one is dangerous!!!!!! I changed the trigger on the big one to match the small one , it works better.

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #339 on: Jan 04, 2012, 04:55 PM »
I like all the variations on the triggers. Keep up the inventin Boys!
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline nodakbassmaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #340 on: Jan 04, 2012, 06:05 PM »
My contribution...

If your like me and hate winding line on tip-ups, especially if you have more than one to do, build yourself something like this to help... it works great to hold the spool for putting line on reels too!

for tip-ups, I use the socket with the slot ($0.25 @ pawn shop and dremeled the slot) over the "paddle" at the top (that the flag goes under) to wind the line on.
-Richard

Not enough ice or time... not necessarily in that order.

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #341 on: Jan 05, 2012, 04:56 PM »
My contribution...

If your like me and hate winding line on tip-ups, especially if you have more than one to do, build yourself something like this to help... it works great to hold the spool for putting line on reels too!

(Image removed from quote.)

for tip-ups, I use the socket with the slot ($0.25 @ pawn shop and dremeled the slot) over the "paddle" at the top (that the flag goes under) to wind the line on.
But what do you do with all your spare time you save?    ;)  nice!
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline nodakbassmaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #342 on: Jan 05, 2012, 07:18 PM »
But what do you do with all your spare time you save?    ;)  nice!

Read IS posts!  ;D
-Richard

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #343 on: Jan 06, 2012, 08:08 AM »
Maybe you could start a spoolin service. But that would take time away from IS.....  ;)

Offline rlvb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fishie says "Why you looking at me like that?"
« Reply #344 on: Jan 10, 2012, 10:31 PM »
Here's an invention i made to secure my camara cable.Clamp it in to secure it and rotate it to find your lure. Works great.
born to fish---forced to work

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #345 on: Jan 11, 2012, 01:48 PM »
Pac man and Benny have officially stolen my lip-ripper idea and kick sled!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #346 on: Jan 11, 2012, 01:56 PM »
i just made 4 more of my 'lip rippers' for the gang. should be about 10 of them on the lake when we all go this year! ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #347 on: Jan 11, 2012, 04:15 PM »
And when will that be?????

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #348 on: Jan 11, 2012, 07:28 PM »
soon i hope. dang warm weather! :P
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline ih772

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #349 on: Jan 13, 2012, 08:29 PM »

Offline nodakbassmaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #350 on: Jan 13, 2012, 08:59 PM »
Good frickin idea! I had been toying with the thought that I wanted a couple more poles to tighten things up to my liking, now I see a much easier way to do it!  ;D
-Richard

Offline newincudahy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Failure to prepare is prepairing to fail.
« Reply #351 on: Jan 15, 2012, 10:23 AM »
Nice Mod 772!
Fish Now! Cuz you'll be dead a long time.

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #352 on: Jan 16, 2012, 04:58 PM »
Oh no ... My wifes not gonna like you...

Offline downriverbob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #353 on: Jan 19, 2012, 01:36 PM »
I haven't looked back at all the ideas but, a few years back i got tired of the large spilt shots I was using on tip-ups falling of when I was winding the line up.  I started to use a snap weight that I could take off and on when needed.  It is easier to wind the line up and store.

BOB
“If our father had had his way, nobody who did not know how to fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him.”

Norman Maclean

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #354 on: Jan 19, 2012, 02:26 PM »
Interesting Bob... Any pictures or hyper-links?

Offline bigbuck326

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 570 240 2001
« Reply #355 on: Jan 25, 2012, 06:57 PM »
Sometime I fished on after dusk on ice fishing for crappie and bluegill and have struggled to find on my lure go down the hole  :%$#!: Later my brainstorm got it  and finally my Idea  u:) and also great walk on ice to find some holes and other ways too.   Order 6 inches LED waterproof Flexible cost 1.88 dollars on EBay
here is Pictures

Offline hickgtx600f4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #356 on: Jan 25, 2012, 07:34 PM »
some great idea's on this site. i enjoy making my own inventions. thougtht i would make up some jiggin rod holders out of some aluminum i had laying around. debated on pvc but i'm pretty rough on things and wanted something to hold up for years to come. the base is 1/2" aluminum conduit bent in a vise and the rod holder is out of 1" conduit. welded them up and painted them green to stand out so the snowmobiels won't run them over, and i won't forget them when i'm packing up in the dark.

gonna try them out this weekend  ;D

My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my gear for what i said i paid for it.

Offline reelcharacter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bluegills, That's how it all got started . . .
« Reply #357 on: Jan 29, 2012, 11:59 AM »
Been a while since I have been on - some great new ideas and inventions guys!

- reelcharacter
PM me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #358 on: Jan 29, 2012, 06:19 PM »
So Hick,  How did it go?  I like the fact you can pick up the whole sha-bang when you get a bite and not have to fumble to remove it from the holder.....

Offline hickgtx600f4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #359 on: Jan 29, 2012, 06:25 PM »
they worked great, just wish we would have caught more. usualy the holder stays on the ice when is set the hook. the diameter of the holder is large enough to lift the rod out and forward to set the hook. all and all worked great.

My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my gear for what i said i paid for it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.