Author Topic: Mickey Mouse boots studs  (Read 1551 times)

Offline slushbuster

• IceShanty Rookie
Mickey Mouse boots studs
« on: Jun 27, 2021, 08:15 AM »
What length screws to use for Mickies? I am looking at getting Icespikes they are 3/8" screw thread length.
I know this will work for the heel area, but what about the front of heel and toe area?
I seen a picture from member ftwwalleye but he didn't give the screw length. I tried to PM but wasn't allowed.
Thanks

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Mickey Mouse boots studs
« Reply #1 on: Jun 27, 2021, 09:11 AM »
May want to try the SEARCH function ...here are some past threads/posts I used.. mickey mouse boots studs in the SEARCH box...depending on your boot size you may wnt to get a pair of Kahtoola style ice cleats ..Amazon Warehouse have quite a few knockoffs versions ..but sizing may nor work for huge boots ..XL would be my choice ..but sizing varies from each seller so double check ..and no 3rd party unless they ship and are returnable via Amazon

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?action=search2

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ice+cleat&i=warehouse-deals&ref=nb_sb_noss_2
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jun 28, 2021, 08:42 AM »
look at a cutway, they're not that thick in the sole and if you get that insulating felt wet they'll weigh 20lbs instead of 10lbs lol

Catchin' Fish

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jun 28, 2021, 11:08 AM »
I used to put hex head sheet metal screws in my running shoes, so I know those come short enough that I could not feel them through the shoes. I know they are not carbide, but they do work, and you should have a lot of options from Home Depot. I don't think carbide is required unless you walk a lot on concrete- I ran 5 miles a day on the road and they would last a hundred miles anyway.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Tuma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jun 30, 2021, 09:36 PM »
I just slap a pair of XL Kahtoola ice cleats on my mickey mouse boots.  That way I can remove them when I walk into the ice house and not scratch the floor.
TINY RODWORKS  custom rods and tackle

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Jul 01, 2021, 08:08 AM »
I just slap a pair of XL Kahtoola ice cleats on my mickey mouse boots.  That way I can remove them when I walk into the ice house and not scratch the floor.

Amazon has alot of Kahtoola knockoffs fairly cheap .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline JIGMAN21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Aug 08, 2021, 03:35 PM »
3/8 inch lol'd kutters. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.