Author Topic: Burbot location  (Read 473 times)

Offline Hayze17

• IceShanty Rookie
Burbot location
« on: Mar 02, 2021, 11:54 AM »
Any recommendations where I would find burbot, not much for rocky bottom in this lake but it has a good population of pike walleye and burbot

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Burbot location
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2021, 12:40 PM »
I would go where there is the steep drop offs and loom there and see if there are any moving there and if you can use minnows and tip ups at night the shallow flats where the bait runs would be my next spot to spread out and see what is moving around during the night. If there is any inlet or outlet with a bitnof moving water does not have to be much where bait fish move up in might be another good location

Offline gorf37

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2021, 08:23 PM »
Contours are in meters I assume? Deepest is about 40ft?  Pretty shallow for good burbot in my world.  It looks like there's a point with a creek that has pushed out a decent underwater point at about 7 o'clock on the dial of the second photo you linked.  That's where I'd start.  Got an air photo?

Offline shawno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Saskatchewan
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2021, 06:56 PM »
I'd be looking at the points at 7 and 10 o'clock. Shallow bowl lake with not much depth. Start in deepest water coming off these points (4m-5m) and spread out some tipups with dead ciscoes on the bottom or just hovering above the bottom.  :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.