Author Topic: Nearly Ice Fishing.  (Read 2976 times)

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
Nearly Ice Fishing.
« on: Nov 03, 2019, 07:12 PM »
They were icing a few miles away but we wanted to open water fish.  Pretty slow but managed a 23" bow, 20" koke and a 19" koke. Grababrewski got 2 18" bows good eaters.  Ice will come soon enough.

Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
Re: Nearly Ice Fishing.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2019, 07:14 PM »
Really nice !
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline Pitbull44

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2019, 07:24 PM »
Hell ya nice job!

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2019, 08:12 PM »
nice work

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2019, 11:05 PM »
It was a great day out there!  Beautiful weather, and good times with you guys.  And great to see you, Stinky!  Ice will come soon enough!
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 04, 2019, 07:55 AM »
Great time as always! Fishing was great, the catching was slow. Beautiful day to be out with friends, a little chilly in the morning but that didn't last long.
I was standing on some ice fishing. ;D ;D ;D

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 04, 2019, 08:13 AM »
Yep, a beautiful day. Wind seemed to drop at 10:30 on the button. A raven flying by, a coot out for a swim. Shards of skim ice stacking up on shore with a sound like wind chimes.

Stinky sitting on a bucket just thinking about getting old and healing up. One rod in the water with egg sacs and a high/low rig, the other rod chucking a kasty and a quick retrieve.

Odd what you think about. Arizona redears, burial?, cremation? eaten by cats? Whoa, fish on. Fire up the Weber with some alder smoke. Live to fight another day.

Slayer scores big as per usual.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 04, 2019, 08:30 AM »
Yep, a beautiful day. Wind seemed to drop at 10:30 on the button. A raven flying by, a coot out for a swim. Shards of skim ice stacking up on shore with a sound like wind chimes.

Stinky sitting on a bucket just thinking about getting old and healing up. One rod in the water with egg sacs and a high/low rig, the other rod chucking a kasty and a quick retrieve.

Odd what you think about. Arizona redears, burial?, cremation? eaten by cats? Whoa, fish on. Fire up the Weber with some alder smoke.

I really like this fishing report. Good job guys!

Offline funhog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 04, 2019, 10:06 AM »

Odd what you think about. Arizona redears, burial?, cremation? eaten by cats? Whoa, fish on. Fire up the Weber with some alder smoke.

Nice work all! I didnt hear of any Brewskis consumption in the fishing story. Hmmm

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 04, 2019, 10:26 AM »
Nice work all! I didnt hear of any Brewskis consumption in the fishing story. Hmmm

That goes without saying  ;)

Offline Hookerhooker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 04, 2019, 10:32 AM »
Sounds like a good time

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Nov 04, 2019, 12:29 PM »
That goes without saying  ;)
Johnny knows! ;D
It was nice, didn't have to pack ice. :thumbsup:

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #12 on: Nov 04, 2019, 12:49 PM »

Odd what you think about. Arizona redears, burial?, cremation? eaten by cats? Whoa, fish on. Fire up the Weber with some alder smoke. Live to fight another day.

It was great riding up with ya, Stinky -- did you smoke your fish up last night?  Looked like a really nice fish.  I'll have to see if I can get my hands on some alder wood...
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 04, 2019, 01:48 PM »
It was great riding up with ya, Stinky -- did you smoke your fish up last night?  Looked like a really nice fish.  I'll have to see if I can get my hands on some alder wood...
Don't get in a hurry on that alder. I've still got a fair amount from that stash that the old cabinet maker gave me years ago up at Anterohole. Just need to slap some on the table

saw to get it down to smokable size. I'm sure we'll meet up again.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14 on: Nov 04, 2019, 06:08 PM »
Don't get in a hurry on that alder. I've still got a fair amount from that stash that the old cabinet maker gave me years ago up at Anterohole. Just need to slap some on the table

saw to get it down to smokable size. I'm sure we'll meet up again.

You got one?  Pics?   ;D
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Nov 04, 2019, 07:42 PM »
You got one?  Pics?   ;D
Actually, no. I'm sort of photographically challenged since I don't have a smart phone, being more Flintstones than Jetsons. Made sure that young Nate viewed the body or at least that portion of the tail that was sticking out of a bucket of snow. Forensics revealed that the victim was male, about three and a half years old, 17 inches in length and starting in
 on his middle age waistline spread. Flesh was a deep pink in color and after a half hour on the Weber, bathed in alderwood smoke, proved to taste delicious accompanied by a wild
 and white rice mixture along with green peas. Served with a fruity New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, chilled, and furnished by Costco.
What was the final result of that bruiser you reeled in?
That other place we discussed has 4-5" of ice and is producing well though mostly in the 16-18" range. I'll be sleeping with my spikes around my neck this week. Who knows if it'll blow off like last year.
                                                               Stinky

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #16 on: Nov 04, 2019, 08:15 PM »
I can attest to Stinky’s fish — it looked like a great eater size! Man those fish are healthy out of that lake.  Fatties.  That sounds like an amazing meal, Stinky.  I like the pairing of Sauvignon Blanc, although I’m more of a Pinot Grigio guy.   ;D

Hey, Slayer — I‘d also like to know what became of your monstah.  How did ya cook it?  How about the koke? 
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Nov 05, 2019, 08:35 AM »
I can attest to Stinky’s fish — it looked like a great eater size! Man those fish are healthy out of that lake.  Fatties.  That sounds like an amazing meal, Stinky.  I like the pairing of Sauvignon Blanc, although I’m more of a Pinot Grigio guy.   ;D

Hey, Slayer — I‘d also like to know what became of your monstah.  How did ya cook it?  How about the koke?

Stinkys sounds like a clone of Tommys. He got his 2nd at 1:45pm right after the ravens strafed us.

Haven't cooked it yet, the dogs are eating the koke!
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline DrCro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Nov 05, 2019, 02:04 PM »
Well slayer, i surely didn't need to go to Wyoming to catch those, should have just taken the offer, Oh well lesson learned. Good job getting on those kokes not an easy task a lot of times.
Avid fishermen and lover of outdoors.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Nov 05, 2019, 02:07 PM »
Well slayer, i surely didn't need to go to Wyoming to catch those, should have just taken the offer, Oh well lesson learned. Good job getting on those kokes not an easy task a lot of times.

The kokes basically swam  right up to me and waited for me to hook them! ;D
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline funhog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Nov 06, 2019, 09:48 AM »
on his middle age waistline spread. Flesh was a deep pink in color and after a half hour on the Weber, bathed in alderwood smoke, proved to taste delicious accompanied by a wild
 and white rice mixture along with green peas. Served with a fruity New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, chilled, and furnished by Costco.
What was the final result of that bruiser you reeled in?
That other place we discussed has 4-5" of ice and is producing well though mostly in the 16-18" range. I'll be sleeping with my spikes around my neck this week. Who knows if it'll blow off like last year.
Sounds like a great meal. Perfect would be leave out the wine and go with a nice bourbon on the rocks.
And 4-5" of ice makes me so excited. Hard season is upon us. Hope the damn wind stays away. Of course last year I remember a trip with Slayer and him using that W word all the time and temping it to get stronger.

Offline DrCro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Nov 06, 2019, 11:36 AM »
That's amazing! I love see those hook jaws and that dark red is insane.
Avid fishermen and lover of outdoors.

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #22 on: Nov 06, 2019, 12:15 PM »

Literally!   ;)
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline Catfishking

• Team IceShanty Regular