Author Topic: Soon-  (Read 1356 times)

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
Soon-
« on: Sep 06, 2019, 08:21 AM »
It's usually possible in late October to ice fish somewhere in Colorado.   6 weeks.  That's freekin close. :o

We iced Antero last year on November 13th. Thats 9 weeks.  :)

Anterio, Man juice lake, 11-mile, Up North, but it's all merely preliminaries to you know where in Jan-Feb. ;)
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Soon-
« Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 2019, 08:45 AM »
I like those dates slayer  :thumbsup: it's possible here also during the end of the rifle elk hunt in the high uintahs which goes until the end of October. I was on 3in last year on mirror lake on November 9th. Beat my 1st ice day by one day from the year before. I would definitely beat that this year if possible and like you said it's getting real close  :woot: :woot:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #2 on: Sep 06, 2019, 08:50 AM »
It’s crazy how fast it’s approaching!  I’ll prolly try and find fishable ice in October, but this year I’m looking forward to open water through Nov.  Finally got a little boat, and I’m planning to chase eyes until ice up.
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline Hookerhooker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Sep 06, 2019, 02:06 PM »
It's usually possible in late October to ice fish somewhere in Colorado.   6 weeks.  That's freekin close. :o

We iced Antero last year on November 13th. Thats 9 weeks.  :)

Anterio, Man juice lake, 11-mile, Up North, but it's all merely preliminaries to you know where in Jan-Feb. ;)

That's a pretty sick itinerary,

South Park, smallies, then lakers is our usual

Offline dntbeamenace4031

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Sep 06, 2019, 02:31 PM »
I was wondering when this post would pop up   ;)

Short but damn hot off season (summer) this year.  Here some pics from Loch Lomond on 6/18/19 - being by myself I didnt try to fish but you get the idea.  I'd have to go back through my posts but I think I was on ice around there ~10/21 last year.  Now that I think of it, I believe BigBassMan still owes me a beer    ;D ;D

I've got some open water left in me, but at least a little cool down cant come soon enough to the front range IMO

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #5 on: Sep 06, 2019, 03:34 PM »
I was wondering when this post would pop up   ;)

Short but damn hot off season (summer) this year.  Here some pics from Loch Lomond on 6/18/19 - being by myself I didnt try to fish but you get the idea.  I'd have to go back through my posts but I think I was on ice around there ~10/21 last year.  Now that I think of it, I believe BigBassMan still owes me a beer    ;D ;D

I've got some open water left in me, but at least a little cool down cant come soon enough to the front range IMO

Yep!  You were first on the ice 10/21/18, and Skifisher guessed closest with 10/22.
You both still got brewskis and whiskies coming to ya --- if you can make it to a gathering this season, you'll get paid.   ;D
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Sep 06, 2019, 05:20 PM »
I'll be chasing the early ice in Colorado this year too. Can't wait

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Sep 08, 2019, 07:18 PM »
Gotta go soak the sacks first! ;D  ;) ;D

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Sep 09, 2019, 08:58 AM »
Gotta go soak the sacks first! ;D  ;) ;D

Yessir!
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Lamar84

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Sep 09, 2019, 08:05 PM »
We could possibly get a snow above 10,000 feet this week. I was on the ice November 10 last year. Record for me.

https://opensnow.com/dailysnow/usandcanada?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&utm_term=newsletter&utm_campaign=2019-2020

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.