Author Topic: A little breezy at the Mile Saturday  (Read 976 times)

Offline coboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
A little breezy at the Mile Saturday
« on: Feb 26, 2012, 08:57 AM »
Fished the Mile till 5 PM Saturday. Had two drops on tip-ups so no pike. Last hit was at 9 AM. Was calm until 9:10 AM,then the winds came. Unintentionally caught four stockers
as I kept pulling my line out to avoid them. Starting to see some bigger trout. The largest maybe 24",but the barometer was slowly dropping all day and I didn't get anything but
bumps from the bigger fish. I carry a Kestrel pocket weather meter with me and it's very accurate. At around 1 PM the winds started kicking in to high gear and just I briefly
held my hand out with the meter and clocked 35 mph gusts. Were still some hardy souls out there when I left. As always,tight lines.

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
Re: A little breezy at the Mile Saturday
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2012, 07:28 AM »
Hey Mark  saw you were the last one out there in your general area   My son and I were to the west of you  Saw a MONSTER pike come to both of our holes.   Saw a number of stockers and one decent trout and that was it.   Left around 2PM as the winds were getting ridiculous.   Watched a guy and his lady try to move their Eskimo QF4 without breaking it down first - like a red kite flying in the wind...  He did his all to hang on by the rope tied to one eyelet - amusing, but not funny    No fish, only two hits (stockers) around noon
Owe No Man Anything...

Offline bgflys

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2012, 09:22 AM »
Well, I know you're back out there today to get some payback hopefully. Not worth fighting the wind for the numbers you had yesterday. I hope it's better for you today.

"B"

Offline bgflys

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2012, 09:26 AM »
The fishing should be good if my calculation on BP is correct and it truly has an effect. The strange thing that got me though was the wind. It's not bad but has changed 180 degree's in the passing couple of hours. Be interested to hear about that big one you finally caught... LOL

"B"

Offline elkdeerbear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2012, 08:14 PM »
Your hardcore on the mile coboy. Do you ever go icing anywhere else?

Offline Budwaystone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2012, 09:12 PM »
if your permitted, hook a 4/0 gamakatsu beak hook to a 12'' trout, clip the tail and fish on! tight lines as always bro

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.