Author Topic: Interesting Day at Harding  (Read 634 times)

Offline catchumall

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • God bless the USA and Canada!
Interesting Day at Harding
« on: Mar 03, 2008, 09:02 PM »
Spent most of sunday fishing Harding, Had 4 strikes and missed them all, was my fault for not paying attention.  Had one strike on a mid size red and white Daredevil, the other three were on tube jigs, white or off white with black flecks.  Was able to observe one huge laker and a ton of the bait fish on my camera, the laker came from below and looked like a small group of bait fish on my flasher, I think that is because I run the gain on my flasher high so I can see my bait at the lower depths.  I had the camera about 6 feet from the jig and the fish was between the camera and my jig and at any given time I could only see about a third of him in the screen, it almost seemed to be more interested in the camera than it was with the white tube jig as it seemed to circle the camera a couple times then head back to the bottom.  The bait fish were also interesting, the ones that I got the best look at started just below the ice and went down about 40 feet, they were small, maybe 3 to 4 inchs with black or dark backs and white or silver sides, they didn't look like white fish to me, more like smelt or cisco which look like large smelt.
Bob

Offline akjw7

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Interesting Day at Harding
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2008, 10:14 PM »
that sounds pretty neat - I'll have to catch you on the ice sometime, camera sounds interesting!

How deep were you fishing? At least you had some action! Was the wind mellow?

Offline catchumall

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • God bless the USA and Canada!
Re: Interesting Day at Harding
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2008, 11:13 PM »
Wind was bad for a while but died down the last couple of hours.  I saw the laker at about 70 feet, at some point during the day I fished from the bottom up to 30 feet or so didn't seem like any one depth was better than the other.  Next time out I think I will try some smaller spoons and jigs, I drive a blue dodge truck, stop by anytime.
Bob

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.