The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Gull Lake  (Read 26205 times)

Offline sweetdad040

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The second mouse gets the cheeze!!!!
Re: Gull Lake
« Reply #60 on: Feb 19, 2013, 07:05 AM »
I'll be out there this weekend, bite or not. I need my fix. Havent been out in two weeks.

Offline sinister13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Feb 19, 2013, 10:56 AM »
better take her easy on friday!!!!!

Offline sweetdad040

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Feb 19, 2013, 12:54 PM »
better take her easy on friday!!!!!
I think I might skip the Friday evening beers so I dont feel like crap Saturday. How about you??????

Offline Fish Killa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish on!
« Reply #63 on: Feb 19, 2013, 01:27 PM »
I think I might skip the Friday evening beers so I dont feel like crap Saturday. How about you??????
:'(
I'm not as good as I once was but I am good once as I ever was.

Offline sinister13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Feb 19, 2013, 03:53 PM »
liar youll b siitin right next to me swillin away

Offline primetime

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Feb 19, 2013, 05:55 PM »
I agree!
liar youll b siitin right next to me swillin away

Offline sinister13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Feb 20, 2013, 12:45 PM »
Sound like u might no him

Offline primetime

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Feb 20, 2013, 02:07 PM »
I've hung out with him once or twice.

Offline sinister13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Feb 20, 2013, 03:39 PM »
ahh now i know who u r. DUHHH!!!

Offline justwanttofish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Feb 20, 2013, 03:56 PM »
Just wondering if the rain had an impact on the ice around the ministires. by the way thanks for the reports last weekend. 

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Feb 20, 2013, 06:36 PM »
I will be out,Thurs. night on the north end.42FOW,straight out from the creek.Blk. Trophy jr. pop-up,+ a jet sled.Look me up.
"Yes officer, my chocolate lab did shoot me,with my brothers 12 gauge"!  11-8-87,true story!          "Sorry were late mom,Chris & me just got done with a cow hunt,we each got a big black Angus with our muzzleloaders"!  (the Christmas eve cow hunt w/ my son; 2004 !

Offline sweetdad040

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Feb 21, 2013, 03:38 PM »
I will be out,Thurs. night on the north end.42FOW,straight out from the creek.Blk. Trophy jr. pop-up,+ a jet sled.Look me up.
Cant wait for your report. I'll be out there this weekend no matter, my stock pile of fish is depleated. Fat guy gotta eat..... A day bite would be great.

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Feb 21, 2013, 08:25 PM »
Just got home,had to make it an early night,gotta work a 1/2 day tommorrow.Well what can I say,it was a beautiful night,made a couple more friends,fished w,/my oldest boy & 3 other friends,good food,plenty of ice,cold beer,(1),fishing...... well it was SLOW ! In our group of 8 guys(5 shantys),1 smelt was caught! This is the first time I can remember getting SKUNKED! Still had fun!Will be back out Friday afternoon trying for pike & trout,before the smelt bite.I was in 42' of H2o,straight out from the creek.There were guys out deeper,maybe 60' deep,dont know how they did.Everyone in the area we were in ,was not doing good.I did not have 1 school come through ,at any depth.Fished from 4:30 p.m. till 8:30 p.m.,stay tuned ,will report tommorrow night,hopefully with better results.
"Yes officer, my chocolate lab did shoot me,with my brothers 12 gauge"!  11-8-87,true story!          "Sorry were late mom,Chris & me just got done with a cow hunt,we each got a big black Angus with our muzzleloaders"!  (the Christmas eve cow hunt w/ my son; 2004 !

Offline dfman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Feb 21, 2013, 10:10 PM »
How much ice did you have out on the north end?

Offline stevenmang85

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • got bluegill?
« Reply #74 on: Feb 22, 2013, 07:23 AM »
Ouch. ;)
gilliams and smeltzillas

Offline princecraft

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #75 on: Feb 22, 2013, 08:27 AM »
Now I would call that sloooooow
Fisherman's Prayer
   I pray that I may live to fish
          Until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast,
       I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord's great landing net
           And peacefully asleep,
      That in His mercy I be Judged
              BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Feb 22, 2013, 12:58 PM »
There is probably 5-6" of ice.Be careful if you walk out, by the swimming area,there are a couple of soft spots right by shore.I am headed back out, in a while to try it again.Hope I dont get spanked 2 nights in arow !

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Feb 22, 2013, 10:38 PM »
Well guess what? I aint been spanked this much or this hard since I was 5 yrs.old !And I am not the only one! Yes I will be out there tommorrow night,because I'm still havin fun!Dont know whats going on,but guys are not marking or catching fish.One more thing I need to vent about:If you do get lucky enough to get the fish one night; I'm talking about anywhere from 500-4,000 per person,( those are the #s I'm hearing),post a pic. so I can believe you.Had a guy tell me tonight,that last Fri. night,he caught over 700 in less than 2 hrs., he quit fishing because his 5 gal. bucket was full! I was out there ,seen how the bite was,& really wanted to call the guy a liar,but bit my tounge.Read Carefully: 700+ smelt,5 gal. bucket???????????????

Offline princecraft

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #78 on: Feb 23, 2013, 06:33 AM »
He must of been talking about bluegill, crappie, or something.  700 perch won't even fill a 5 gal. bucket half full.  Unless maybe he filled the bucket half full of ice before putting the smelt in it... Just thought of something, maybe he was fishing a lake that has larger smelt in it.
Fisherman's Prayer
   I pray that I may live to fish
          Until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast,
       I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord's great landing net
           And peacefully asleep,
      That in His mercy I be Judged
              BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Feb 23, 2013, 07:47 AM »
Somebody messed with my post from last night.I did not put those smiley faces in there! But since someone did,I have a really stupid question,& please do laugh. How do you put those in a post? I cant figure it out & have looked all over for info on how to do it. OK,go ahead & laugh,I can take it !

Offline shaftthrower

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Feb 23, 2013, 08:44 AM »
Somebody messed with my post from last night.I did not put those smiley faces in there! But since someone did,I have a really stupid question,& please do laugh. How do you put those in a post? I cant figure it out & have looked all over for info on how to do it. OK,go ahead & laugh,I can take it !

If you use the quick reply theres no option for smily faces, etc. If you use the reply, the option is there and also a more that you click on!  ;D :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline Fish Killa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish on!
« Reply #81 on: Feb 23, 2013, 08:50 AM »
 :flex:  ;)  :whistle:
I'm not as good as I once was but I am good once as I ever was.

Offline fobbitcrusher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #82 on: Feb 23, 2013, 10:00 AM »
5 gallons is a couple fish over the limit. Maybe that has something to do with the low catch rates this year. ???
I occupied Nations, not streets.

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Feb 23, 2013, 10:45 AM »
 Ove the years,I have learned,that when someone says something that ridiculous,not only are they probably lying,but they probably have no clue that there is a 2 gal. limit.I just sit & listen & act like I'm really impressed!  :bow: :bow:

Offline sweetdad040

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Feb 23, 2013, 06:22 PM »
Just got off the North end. The day bite is NOT happening yet. I think in about two weeks.

Offline maximum_mi

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #85 on: Feb 23, 2013, 07:07 PM »
Action is getting better. 67 smelt and 2 pike  but had to leave early.I was about 200 yards west of the boat landing25-35 fow

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #86 on: Feb 23, 2013, 10:10 PM »
Straight out in 42' was NOT the place to be tonight if you wanted smelt.It was however the place to be if you wanted to enjoy good  company.If you ever get the chance to fish w/ Mud-n-Fun,& his sons,you will have a great time.Thanks guys.Got a call from a friend  who said that some were being caught on 2nd. bay tonight.2nd. hand info,I dont know how reliable it is.

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #87 on: Feb 23, 2013, 10:22 PM »
Action is getting better. 67 smelt and 2 pike  but had to leave early.I was about 200 yards west of the boat landing25-35 fow
Were you fishing tonight,or was that for Friday night?Either way,sounds like you were on them .

Offline Smeltman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #88 on: Feb 24, 2013, 01:17 AM »
I think in order to get 700 smelt you need to be using a big hole with a cast net or at least 7guys fishing about 2' under ice ??? ::) just saying. I hope theirs enough ice left in 2 weeks to get them during the day.

Offline sweetdad040

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #89 on: Feb 24, 2013, 07:22 AM »
Straight out in 42' was NOT the place to be tonight if you wanted smelt.It was however the place to be if you wanted to enjoy good  company.If you ever get the chance to fish w/ Mud-n-Fun,& his sons,you will have a great time.Thanks guys.Got a call from a friend  who said that some were being caught on 2nd. bay tonight.2nd. hand info,I dont know how reliable it is.
When the bite is as slow as it was yesterday, people tend to chat more, met some great guys out there yesterday. Heard great storys, seen some awesome pictures. Did,nt catch many fish but still had a great day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.