The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Cass/St. Joe Counties  (Read 27198 times)

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
Re: Cass/St. Joe Counties
« Reply #270 on: Mar 02, 2010, 12:56 PM »
That is awesome!  I'm actually bummed that i didn't check out your shanty.  On the way to Van Auken, my buddy and i were talking about how cool it looked.  Self project?
Yes it is self built. You can follow the build in the Ice shack tips under the michiana shanty 2 post.
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline GolDangitImissedim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #271 on: Mar 09, 2010, 05:29 PM »
Drove by Klinger this evening and there were about 4 guys out there.  Not recommending it.  Just sayin.  I was out there Saturday pm and more of the same.  A lot of small ones.  Saw one guy catch a northern on a jigging rod just before dark.  Went out to Fish Lake near Centreville Sunday p.m. hoping for some perch.  Kept about 10 gills and caught probably half a dozen really small perch.  Ice was melting fast.  About 4 to 6 in crusty slush with about 4 to 6 good stuff underneath.  Hardest part was getting off at the shoreline.  Broke through with one big step to go and my sled took on water and just about gave my vexilar a bath and set about half a dozen gills free but they didn't take advantage of the opportunity and I was able to scoop them back up with my scoop.
There's no better time to be happy than right now.  If not now, when?  You may not be able to wait that long.

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #272 on: Mar 10, 2010, 06:05 AM »
Good thing you made it out! A couple of guys fell in at Potato Creek and went to the hospital. I think I am done until I put the boat in. Be safe!
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline DeLiarDaRuler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #273 on: Mar 10, 2010, 06:35 AM »
Slammed the fish north of Sturgis yesterday. Limited out with a mix of big gills and crappies. I've never caught so many big 12"+ crappies during the day.

Was breaking thorough on the way off the lake and wouldn't suggest going out today. I packed it up for the year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.