The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Twisted pleasure  (Read 955 times)

Offline crappieman2380

• Team IceShanty Regular
Twisted pleasure
« on: Jan 30, 2019, 06:23 PM »
Temps been dropping all day and I couldn't be happier. Finished up a bunch of stuff at work, and now I'm off till Monday. Had a grin ear to ear all day, while everyone else beeatched about the cold weather. Numerous people at work, the store, even at home think I'm demented for wanting to go fishing when its -10 outside. I'm sure I'm not the only one on this site that gets some sort of sick twisted pleasure out of things like this. Bring on the cold! I can almost hear the lake whooping and thumping as I sit in my house typing this. Be at it early tomorrow. Good luck out there everyone.

Offline hard water jim

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Twisted pleasure
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2019, 06:26 PM »
I have the same twisted sense of humor, unless I have to WORK in it!
If you think your going to have a bad day you will seldom disappoint yourself!

Offline RayD2fish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Simply love fishing any place, any time, any speci
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2019, 06:34 PM »
I work in it and it sucks! But man I can't wait to get out there myself.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2019, 06:52 PM »
I'm S.O.L. until Friday at the earliest because of work, that crap is way over rated. 

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2019, 09:21 PM »
Can’t get out til Friday after work. Just unloaded the wife’s car of groceries. IT’s -5* here. Wife and daughter yelled at me for going out in just “jammies” and a sweatshirt!(I DID have my hood UP though!  ;D) Gotta LOVE it!
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2019, 09:53 PM »
It's -8 at my house right now.  I'm not sure I'll be able to go Friday because I don't know if my kids are going to have school or not.  If they don't I'm going to hit some place local since I have to be back to get them after school. 

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2019, 05:20 AM »
I was joking about it this morning. The weather jerk was saying it's soooooo cold that a person can only last 5 minutes in it before frostbite sets in. That it's life threatening and dangerous! and I'm thinking "man the ice is gonna be good, can't wait to get out there! :icefish:

Offline crappieman2380

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2019, 09:02 AM »
Lol. Love all the doomsday weather reports

Offline SPLASHMASTER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2019, 09:09 AM »
Woke up to -9 this morning, schools been canceled for days, Wish my employer would do the same. HA HA

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2019, 10:26 AM »
I was joking about it this morning. The weather jerk was saying it's soooooo cold that a person can only last 5 minutes in it before frostbite sets in. That it's life threatening and dangerous! and I'm thinking "man the ice is gonna be good, can't wait to get out there! :icefish:

LOL Spider!  ;D

Accuweather was WAY off yesterday!  ::). They predicted a low of -6* last night.
Well, it was -10* at the house this morning!

And -13* a few miles down the road.

Gotta LOVE it!  @)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2019, 10:34 AM »
Woke up to -9 this morning, schools been canceled for days, Wish my employer would do the same. HA HA
Lol, I worked outside for communications companies for 36 years and learned that some employers don't care what kind of weather you are working in. I always figured if you acted smart enough to come in out of the rain they wouldn't hire you. At least when I ice fished I managed to stay warm.  ;D ;)
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 31, 2019, 10:37 AM »
Would much rather be sitting in a hut fishing right now rather than sitting in front of a computer at work.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline hard water jim

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 31, 2019, 02:33 PM »
We need a weather man from ND, MN or WI that knows what cold weather and snow is all about. Instead we are stuck with a bunch of college educated city boys that try to hype everything out of proportion. If it isn't golf, baseball or picnic weather it is terrible and everyone should stay inside!

When I was growing up if it was cold out you put a coat and gloves on. If it snowed you put boots on with your coat and gloves. Regardless of temp you went to school on time not with 2 and 3 hour delays. If it snowed you went to school on time not with delays. Maybe got the day off if we had 10-12". All of the buses had chains and the drivers (including female) knew how to put them on. Usually a couple of the older boys on the bus would assist. Wow have the times changed!
If you think your going to have a bad day you will seldom disappoint yourself!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Jan 31, 2019, 05:53 PM »

I'm going to guess you're referring to Crackhead Joe on 16.  That idiot drives me nuts with the stupid crap he says and does.  The best weatherman I've seen in a long time is the Hillbilly Weatherman that is on Facebook.  That guy is cool and tells you what's really going to happen.  The only bad part is he's from Maine or New Hampshire. 

Offline crappieman2380

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 31, 2019, 07:13 PM »

Glad I was able to last 7hrs out there today instead of 5min. Although, I can say I wouldn't have wanted to be sitting on a bucket doing it.

Pymy was singing her sweet song again this morning making ice. Can't wait to get back at it in the AM. Tight lines!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.