The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Propane auger  (Read 839 times)

Offline pensfan82

• IceShanty Rookie
Propane auger
« on: Jan 30, 2019, 09:17 AM »
I'm thinking about getting a propane auger, I currently have an Eskimo M43 mako, I haven't had too many issues with it except for the normal ethanol related problems. Just looking for some opinions on a propane auger, see if it's worth the investment. Thanks

Offline icewalker74

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Propane auger
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2019, 09:49 AM »
We have a first generation Jiffy Pro 4.
It cuts and runs like a champ. Just make sure you keep the proper side up so the oil doesn't leak out and undo the can from the hose when you store it.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2019, 10:27 AM »
i got the jiffy 4 lite its a dreammmmmmmmmmmmm no gas starts right up powerful light weight dont do anything to it  other than touch up the balades with a fine file   plug and play  GO FISH
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2019, 11:25 AM »
I have a jiffy pro4 lite.havent used it very much in 2 years but starts up easy and fast cutting for a 4 stroke engine.

Offline icewolf69

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2019, 01:41 PM »
Have a Pro 4 Lite works great, 3 pulls after sitting on a shelf for a year. I havent used it for about 3 yrs since I got a Clam Plate, but i do start it once or twice a yr and it always starts easily.  ;D

Offline Crappie_Rod

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • CRAP EYE
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2019, 05:38 PM »
I have the Eskimo propane auger and really like it but I have only used it like 4 times in last 2 years.

Offline pensfan82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2019, 07:00 PM »
This is why this forum rock's! Thanks for all the reply's, really appreciate it! Sounds like the jiffy pro has treated you guy's well, I will definitely check that one out, see if I can get a deal on one. Thanks again guy's

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 30, 2019, 08:03 PM »
Jiffy pro 4 second generation. It's a beast one or two pulls 200-300 hole on a tank. Watch the pin that holds the auger on I wrapped tape around it as a precaution. Don't get the  Jiffy lite the weigh different is not that big of a deal but the power is. Another thing don't let ANYONE use it. There's some plastic parts that wouldn't take abuse. I'd also consider the drill run types,I've use my buddy's and am quite impressed.That my next investment,reason? It's so light,his is 11lbs.

Offline jimmyv

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2019, 05:29 AM »
I have a Eskimo Shark Z51, runs excellent, no problems at all. Quantum blades keep there edge for quite a while.  Was also thinking of going to propane to upgrade, (once I sell my Shark). No gas mix , no ethanol issues. 

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2019, 05:40 PM »
I have a Eskimo Shark Z51, runs excellent, no problems at all. Quantum blades keep there edge for quite a while.  Was also thinking of going to propane to upgrade, (once I sell my Shark). No gas mix , no ethanol issues.

Where are you located and how much are you looking to get out of it?  I have a friend who might be interested if your close and the price is right.

Offline jimmyv

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2019, 05:30 AM »
Eynon PA area, asking for 300.00

Offline Walleyekiller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2019, 06:33 PM »
I have the same 1 with carrying case for $250 philipsburg area.

Offline legend

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2019, 06:43 PM »
I bought the eskimo P-1 8 inch rocket last year. it starts first or second pull whatever the temp out is..i fought a strikemaster every time i went out for three years......well this old guy now sees the light and will never go back to gas....EVER !
I am haunted by waters...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.