Author Topic: Wife thinks I need professional help  (Read 1374 times)

Offline spoofhoundicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Wife thinks I need professional help
« on: Oct 17, 2016, 08:38 PM »
i might have jumped the gun a little last friday and got the old ice shanty out and all the stuff in it to give it a good look over.  it was in the thirties here for a few mornings last week but it was back up in the 90s today.  wife came out in the garage and said you need some serious help.  i don't really remember if she was serious or not cause i was over half way thru a 12 pack but needed something to do in the garage while listening to the football game.  come on ice.  that is our therapy!!!!!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Wife thinks I need professional help
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2016, 08:50 PM »
the wife is always right you need professional help- so ask a Ice Shanty member who lives close to help- god forbid you injure your back before the season starts

Offline buuddy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2016, 09:05 PM »
Hang in there. A new revised winter forecast just came out in Canada, it's showing a colder than normal winter for a good part of Canada and the US..
https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/a-preliminary-look-at-the-upcoming-winter-season/72938/

Offline gonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2016, 09:07 PM »
My neighbor gave me the same look when I fired up my ice auger in the yard the other day after I mowed my lawn.  Pulled the snowmobile and otter out of storage last week.  Bring on the ice!

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 17, 2016, 10:41 PM »
Garage-a-twa...no prob.  Establish your dominance in the shop!

Offline drscholl14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 17, 2016, 11:09 PM »
I definitely did this last weekend.  Fixed a couple cracks in my Clam's sled, fired up the Strikemaster and sat in my shack for a good hour reorganizing things.  You are definitely not alone.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Oct 17, 2016, 11:56 PM »
Women just don't understand how dedicated we are.  Although you could try to use this to your advantage, agree with her and say the best professional help is out at your dream spot and book a trip there. 

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 18, 2016, 03:27 AM »
i might have jumped the gun a little last friday and got the old ice shanty out and all the stuff in it to give it a good look over.  it was in the thirties here for a few mornings last week but it was back up in the 90s today.  wife came out in the garage and said you need some serious help.  i don't really remember if she was serious or not cause i was over half way thru a 12 pack but needed something to do in the garage while listening to the football game.  come on ice.  that is our therapy!!!!!

I am a professional and can help. Take two beers and call me in the morning. I know a good place to fish..... ;)2
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 18, 2016, 05:50 AM »
I don't get it??? What did you need help with? Finishing the 12 pack??? I bet you didn't need help, well, not professional help anyway. But if you ever really do need help just give me a call, I can help with that beer situation of yours... and we can go over your ice gear while we're working on that!  ;D

Offline aquarium234

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Oct 18, 2016, 07:42 AM »
Heck I set up my shack and waterproofed it in august..........Never to early to play with ice fishing gear......
Its all fun and games until someone loses a walleye.......

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Oct 18, 2016, 07:54 AM »
Your not alone by any means! I have been saving gift cards for gear and asking for ice fishing gear since April. Bought a Lx-7 in June along with a new ice rod/reel set up. Just bought a used 1 man flip over a month ago, and bought a used ice auger in July. It's ice season year round at my house haha.

Offline Tbone9

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Oct 18, 2016, 08:37 AM »
During my younger drinking days my ice fishin buddy would come over in the summer or I would go to his house and throw some steaks on the grill and eat in the shack. Good tunes, good company, and even better atmosphere. That was fine dining. After a few beers he would even fire up the auger and bring it in the shack for ambiance lol.
Always trying to catch those light bitin lethargic sons of fishes.

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Oct 18, 2016, 08:53 AM »
Yep, me too! I've been going through my gear, cleaning reels etc. Will spool on fresh line once it's available. Haven't gotten my one man flip out yet, but that'll be next. I am optimistic, as I've called to have my snow blower to be picked up and taken to the shop for routine maintenance.

Offline Cotacatchers

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No Bad Day on Ice
« Reply #13 on: Oct 18, 2016, 08:57 AM »
Me Too!!!

Offline IcePirateJace

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Oct 18, 2016, 10:24 AM »
That sounds like she wants you to book a guide. I suggest going up to devils lake and get in a snobear. Fun experience.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Oct 18, 2016, 10:48 AM »
hmmm, need serious help... book a guide... yep. It could mean that, sure. I think you should do it and surprise her with it, lol! Make sure you ask if she wants to go ;)

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #16 on: Oct 18, 2016, 10:50 AM »

You obviously aren't a Musky fisherman.  When my wife looks at all the gear I have for Musky, she always asks, "so how much is all that stuff??".....I always smile and say, "At least 25 Coach purses".

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Oct 18, 2016, 12:45 PM »
It's never too early to be tinkering with the ice fishing gear, I do it all year long.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Oct 18, 2016, 02:00 PM »
I've been sitting on my sled and making brapp brapp noises...
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #19 on: Oct 18, 2016, 08:23 PM »
You obviously aren't a Musky fisherman.  When my wife looks at all the gear I have for Musky, she always asks, "so how much is all that stuff??".....I always smile and say, "At least 25 Coach purses".

Dude! My wife had a multiple "purseonality" disorder too.....  ;D

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #20 on: Oct 18, 2016, 08:24 PM »
I've been sitting on my sled and making brapp brapp noises...

They got medication for that too. I think they call it Beano.......  :woot:

Offline spoofhoundicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Oct 18, 2016, 08:43 PM »
i did kinda talk her into going to the ice fishing show in st paul this year and said she could just go shopping.  what she doesn't know is that it is a tit for tat shopping experience.  what she spends shopping i get to spend on ice stuff.  he he he oh and i pitched her the idea that it could be a little getaway for our 15 anniversary. 

Offline perch_stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Oct 18, 2016, 08:51 PM »
I drive my wife crazy! I have been thinking and talking about ice fishing since I last stepped foot on the ice in March. I have been buying things here and there when I find a good deal, and every time I get a package in the mail, she always says "What crap for ice fishing did you get now?" How dare she call anything for ice fishing crap!! I have been trying to convince her into letting me buy a permy, so I can take her and our 2 youngsters out on the ice, that way I wouldn't have to sit at home with the kids while she works on Saturdays, I could load up the kids and go ice fishing with them. But she thinks we need to find a bigger house instead! I think the only reason we should get a bigger house, is so that I have more room to store my ice fishing gear! Hahaha! I bought an Otter Lodge a couple weeks ago, and spent some late nights assembling that, and working on some modifications for it, and she hates that I spend so much time working on my ice fishing stuff, getting it ready for the season. But, she knew what she was getting into before she said "I do" So now she just has to deal with my addiction! The ice can't come soon enough, then we can all go get the therapy we need by drilling holes through the ice! Bring on the cold!

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Oct 18, 2016, 09:11 PM »
I drive my wife crazy! I have been thinking and talking about ice fishing since I last stepped foot on the ice in March. I have been buying things here and there when I find a good deal, and every time I get a package in the mail, she always says "What crap for ice fishing did you get now?" How dare she call anything for ice fishing crap!! I have been trying to convince her into letting me buy a permy, so I can take her and our 2 youngsters out on the ice, that way I wouldn't have to sit at home with the kids while she works on Saturdays, I could load up the kids and go ice fishing with them. But she thinks we need to find a bigger house instead! I think the only reason we should get a bigger house, is so that I have more room to store my ice fishing gear! Hahaha! I bought an Otter Lodge a couple weeks ago, and spent some late nights assembling that, and working on some modifications for it, and she hates that I spend so much time working on my ice fishing stuff, getting it ready for the season. But, she knew what she was getting into before she said "I do" So now she just has to deal with my addiction! The ice can't come soon enough, then we can all go get the therapy we need by drilling holes through the ice! Bring on the cold!
My girlfriend is EXACTLY the same way. I purchase a couple of these cheap little compact USB fans that are flexible and moldable and they plug directly into a USB port. She thought they were sooo neat at first and then she looked at me kinda funny and said "What did you buy these for?" And I replied "They shure would work good in a ice shack." Then I got the comment, "Even when I don't think you could possibly be thinking about ice fishing.... You are!!!" I just shrugged my shoulders and said,"Bingo! Your right again!"

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Oct 19, 2016, 05:47 AM »
lol, my wife gave me some arguments about my fishing gear. Both ice and kayak stuff. I told her that it's just innocent man stuff and that I could be out gettin drunk or chasing women. When I have a bad day fishing and come home skunked she says it's cuz I was probably out gettin drunk and chasing women instead of fishing!

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #25 on: Oct 19, 2016, 08:21 PM »
And I replied "They shure would work good in a ice shack." Then I got the comment, "Even when I don't think you could possibly be thinking about ice fishing.... You are!!!" I just shrugged my shoulders and said,"Bingo! Your right again!"

Missed opportunity. Correct response: "All that and smart too!"   ;)2 :whistle: Don't laugh, it works....

Offline mono_mono

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Oct 20, 2016, 05:14 AM »
Divorced/live alone/go from girlfriend to girlfriend..........My Clam flipover and ALL of my gear including the NILS auger and VEX have been blocking a small hallway IN THE HUOSE since early March. If anyone needs to get around it, a little skill is required. Go ahead, call me nuts

(12 packs are a good thing)
Go to Heaven for the climate, to hell for the company!

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Oct 20, 2016, 10:54 AM »
Have the fever pretty bad.  3 Dave Genz rods on clearance from Cabelas, new Clam Yukon Thermal and a lot of accessories to deck that bad boy out.  Oh, and a new Smitty sled to pull that bad boy.   I might even have enough money out to re-string the old rods out too!.  Looks like a good winter is coming.  It's getting old standing in the garage looking at what I can change and upgrade.
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline Tmuskie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Oct 20, 2016, 11:04 AM »
The lil woman and I have a back and forth joke. When she comes home with clothes, shoes what ever. I'm like, you need all that why? When I come in with rods, reels, lures etc. She's like you need one more of those why? It's just a little game we play. She know my addiction I know hers. Bring on the ICE.
There's a hole in the Ice,  Dear Liza, Dear Liza.
There's a hole in the ice, Dear Liza, a hole.

Well fish it, Dear Henry, Dear Henry, Dear Henry
Well fish it Dear Henry. Dear Henry, Fish it.

Offline Lukaszu

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Oct 20, 2016, 01:34 PM »
Wife called me... Not very bright. Since I could just go to the store and buy all the  fish I want,  sell all my gear,  save on gas, snow tires &  long drives. My reply simple... Yup, could sit around and drink to forget.... Or maybe become a gambaholic.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.