Author Topic: First Winter Sober  (Read 3855 times)

Offline husb0023

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Punching Holes in Wisconsin Since 1986
Re: First Winter Sober
« Reply #60 on: Feb 06, 2014, 11:30 AM »
Alcohol is only for the people who can also resist the urge to make bad choices while imbibing.  There is a big difference between the guy who drinks a few and talks stupid and the guy who gets behind the wheel.  Sounds like you made the right choice.  Congrats.

Offline headhunter67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Feb 06, 2014, 11:39 AM »
Thank you everyone for sharing. This March will be 2 years for me and I did it one day at a time. Best decision of my life. ;D

Offline nocod

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Feb 06, 2014, 07:19 PM »
Congratulations , keep up the good work,been 5 years drug and alcohol free for me,never felt better.

Offline Barebow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Always fishing for something!
« Reply #63 on: Feb 09, 2014, 05:09 PM »
27 years for me, any friends of Bill W. out there?   Barebow

Offline plumberg1978

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Feb 09, 2014, 08:20 PM »
its good to be sober more money to spend on fishin les to worry about driving home

Offline TeamBlueGear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Feb 09, 2014, 08:37 PM »
Congrats man! I have a few here and there but this past summer started drinking more and more, like 6-8 a night because of the stress of my business but quickly hated the way I felt during and after the drinking. Ive grown to love coffee, my Wife bought me a French press and I'll take that any day especially on the hard water! Keep it up my friend! I saw/heard two guys out yesterday who were smashed by 10am, there were kids everywhere and all you heard from these idiots was F this, F that.
Life moves too fast, if you don't stop and look around you just might miss something.....Ferris Buler

Offline WhereDaRainbows

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Feb 10, 2014, 10:26 PM »
Hey barebow I'm friends with bill and dr bob. I was just talking about them tonight at the big book study. By the grace of god and Alcoholics Anonymous and the friends I have met in AA I haven't found it necessary to pick up a drink or drug for almost three years. Don't keep any Boose around or whatever that guy was saying. Go to meetings and ask for help. Work the steps with a sponsor u trust and u will see ur life change. U will lose the obsession to drink and you will become happy and usefully whole. Lack of power is our dilemma but a HIGHER POWER can help you. You don't have to drink again one day at a time. God bless you all
"I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret." -- Roderick Haig-Brown

Offline nitram

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Feb 11, 2014, 10:35 AM »
Ralph's or Kirby's?

My dad drank a lot when I was growing up but was still a great father. Now I'm starting to see a trend in me with my son and I have mixed emotions about it. Congrats to all who have quit.

Ralph's of course. Never liked Demrits much.

Offline bobby1772

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Feb 11, 2014, 06:42 PM »
Im not looking forward to it but I will quit probably  posting something like in this in the future probably years from now

Offline Barebow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Always fishing for something!
« Reply #69 on: Feb 13, 2014, 06:53 PM »
Wheredarainbows, congrats on your accomplishments, If not for the program, I would have either been dead or killed someone els with my behaviors.  I have as they say , a life second to none....but then again, we all say that.  Last time I was in NH to fish offshore, went to a meeting outside of Rye...Great to go anywhere in the world and have instant friends who understand...Barebow

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.