Author Topic: Humminbird ICE 35 interference questions  (Read 1597 times)

Offline Yooper350

• IceShanty Rookie
Humminbird ICE 35 interference questions
« on: Jan 31, 2012, 10:02 PM »
Looking at picking up my Dad a flasher because he has wanted one after using mine.  I have a ICE 35 and was wondering if interference would be a problem if I bought him a ICE 35 as well since he already has a handle on how to use it?  Also how far apart do you have to be for interference not to be an issue?  Thanks for any info you can give me

Offline hardwateryooper

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Humminbird ICE 35 interference questions
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2012, 10:30 PM »
Re: Humminbird Ice Interference???????
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2012, 07:10 PM »

Hi, I got this email from iluvcrappie and I am sure he would want you to read this to help you out:

"i found that if you are in shallow water I switch to the 9 degree beam....I found that I am able to see a tar drop lure for sunfish with the gain at 18 or 19 highest I have had to go is 22 with the gain....as far as the noise the only time you need to use it is if there are other people with plashers around.....me and the wife use both Birds in the same shanty less than 5 feet apart and I have it setup so that there is no interference what so ever between the 2 units......its just a matter of playing around with the machine and figuring out what works the best....I too have had excellent luck with the Bird I am very happy with my purchase thats for sure....I have a buddy that comes with me and the wife and he doesnt own a flasher.....me and the wife sit and pull fish after fish out of the hole and he doesnt get any bites at all...lol.....I got him using my flasher now and he really enjoys how it works as he has never used a flasher before......since I bought my 35 I have sold 2 birds as well....my uncle went out and got one and my brother in law also went out and got his.....feel pretty good that I pulled them away from the Vexilar and brought them into the Humminbird world
If my father had had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching it!

Offline Yooper350

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2012, 10:32 PM »
Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated

Offline Lac Suel Freak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "A few in a bucket makes it easy to sit on yours"
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2012, 11:33 PM »
I too was just fishing 2 birds in the same shanty and they did not interfere much at all an ice-55 and a 345c. My gain was at 25.

Offline fishfinder2008

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Goin' IKE!! 🐟🐟
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2012, 06:50 AM »
there is a button that you could adjust for that. shouldn't be a problem :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.