Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1637480 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #8550 on: Apr 25, 2017, 03:09 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Looks like the computer is playing it's games today and I don't have time to fight with it :%$#!:

Hope all is going well for you today Eddie!

You all have an excellent Tuesday and stay safe no matter what is on the planner!

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #8551 on: Apr 25, 2017, 04:01 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Morning Everyone,
  Must be the gremlin is back Marv, I got knocked off again myself....will try one more time, lol.
  Overcast and 47* on the Hill this am, low 50's for a high today with some rain coming.
Marv...Thank You and hope you have a safe day today! Hopefully the rains will hold off and you van get the day in.
Bud...congrats to your manager and son on their win, that's awesome! What was the big fish for the tournament?
SirC...thanks for sharing the article....all 3 were pretty lucky!!
Steve...another lucky fisherman, have seen similar things like that happen up in Pulaski when salmon fishing. Do you fish that section at all?
Wally...glad things went well at the camp and you got to enjoy a nice ride with the warm weather.

A little sore this am from the dental work yesterday. The meds don't seem to help much and no hot food or liquids for 24hrs. kind of sucks as well...but things could be worse right?  Follow up visit this am and then not quite sure what is on the agenda. Will catch up to everyone later today!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8552 on: Apr 25, 2017, 05:00 AM »
Eddie
No lifting! I would milk that and running a vacuum for at least a month :whistle: :roflmao: :roflmao:

WE

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8553 on: Apr 25, 2017, 06:18 AM »
Good Morning Crew, looks like the gremlins paid a visit here too Marv Type size is really small. ::)  See my deck is all wet this morning.  Guessers are sticking to snow for Saturday with a high of 35. ::)

Eddie:  From what I heard big fish was 5.05#, where week before was 7.67#.  Lake has seen a lot of pressure last two weeks. ::) 
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #8554 on: Apr 25, 2017, 08:01 AM »
Good morning early risers. Rain falling as I type weather guessers say it will increase in intensity later today.
SirCranksalot thank you for the link,glad all involved suffered no injuries or fatalities.
Eddie hope your mouth pain goes away soon , sure you are craving a hot drink or meal. I have never fish either body of water in Roscoe. You need to be knowledgeable of the special regulations some section are fly fishing only, others artificial lures only no live bait. Early in trout season told it can be shoulder to shoulder fishing in the more popular areas .
Whopper Stopper try and stay dry if you work today. Hope you can  evict the gremlins from your computer.

Have a safe and good day . Best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8555 on: Apr 25, 2017, 08:02 AM »
Good Morning everyone, going to be a rainy day today. Hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. :tipup: :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8556 on: Apr 25, 2017, 02:52 PM »
Hello all, 74 here with clouds moving in. Just checking in. Went walleye fishing on the Chain of Lakes by me Sunday. Got a few, lost a few. Tried jigging, pulling crawler harnesses, nothing. Switched to crank baits and caught. Ended up with 4 walleye and two white bass. Yesterday went to Delavan Lake in Wisconsin looking for gills and crappie. Tried were i left them at last ice. Caught a bass, northern pike, and one gill. Moved some more and my friend caught a pike. Tried another spot and caught one crappie. Moved again and got a few more. All around 10 inches. Wind blowing from south east pretty good hard to keep the boat in spot even with two anchors. Lots of slime to clean off the jigs after every cast. Ended up from the two days, sun burnt on my face pretty good. Banana Boat applications help some. Forgot my spray on sun screen. Thank God it was windy enough i left my hoodie on. Or i am sure i would have been burnt even worse. Man i love ice fishing! I never worry about sun burn then! Well everyone enjoy the day and have fun with what ever you are doing! Charlie.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8557 on: Apr 25, 2017, 03:44 PM »
WTG Charlie, Delavan was in one of my old stomping grounds.  Had several lakes and private ponds to ice on.  How has Geneva been fishing ?  Used to have some decent LMB.

Think I am done messing with the pickup, steps are on. :flex: :thumbsup:  Get passed this weird weather might even feel like taking the boat out.  ;D

Sounds like lumber from Canada will be going up.  The  :cookoo: Commander in Chief, is putting a 20% tariff on lumber products coming into the US ?
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8558 on: Apr 25, 2017, 07:04 PM »
Eddie
No lifting! I would milk that and running a vacuum for at least a month :whistle: :roflmao: :roflmao:

WE

Now now WS....let's not lead Eddie astray :nono: :roflmao:    hope you're feeling better tonight Eddie  ;)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8559 on: Apr 26, 2017, 02:58 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!!
 Overcast and 47* this am, high of 62 expected here today.
  Marv/Wally...that's not fair making me laugh like that!!  With the late great words of Dr. Zachary Smith on Lost In Space, all I can say is ..." oh, the pain....the pain of it all!!".   ;D.  Thank You for the laughs, feeling a bit better this morning... :thumbsup:   Like that vacuum idea...see what happens next week!!  Have a safe day in the jungle Marv!    :thumbsup:
  UFC...glad you got out to battle with a few and dialed in on the walleye, they sure can be finicky and difficult to figure out on occassion. Better luck next trip on the crappie...did you try using any tube jigs? 
  Steve...Thank You, feeling a little better today...waiting for the cawfee to cool down and give it a try. Do you fly fish also?
  Bud...wtg getting the steps on the truck, sounds like that adapter worked out ok....awesome!  Hope that snow forecasted for Saturday doesn't amount to much....some strange weather patterns this year!
  I-45...hope you're doing well and the rain has moved out, have a great day today!

Got an Email late last evening that one of my BIL's was admitted to the hospital. Wasn't feeling well for a few days, thought it was acid reflux....ended up finding out he has diabetes and his blood sugar levels were off the chart. Will be visiting him first thing this morning.
  Hoping Dom and his crew faired well with the cooler temperatures and rain on their camping trip, warmer weather moving in through the weekend should help, hope the fish are biting!    :thumbsup:
  Charged up the batteries yesterday for the boat and sonar, plan on trying out the boat today and see how that new bed extender works...with a little luck, maybe even catching a few. 
  Cawfee's on...
Iceshanty Users Online
    134 Guests, 2 Users
masoneddie, TundraT

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8560 on: Apr 26, 2017, 03:24 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Glad you are up for some fishing Eddie :thumbsup: Hope you are able to give a good report on your return Sir! Best wishes to your BIL Hope he can get things under control.

Temps are in the 40's here with a steady rain all night, tonight we get into the 20's :cookoo: It looks like it may be clearing out in 2-3 hours but the damage may have already been done with the yards. The last two days have been pretty intense with 2 all day jobs. I know if we can get today in it certainly can't be any worse.

Hope you all have a good Wednesday :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8561 on: Apr 26, 2017, 03:49 AM »
Just checking in, went out to get the glass rain gauge because its right at 32* and thought it best not to get it frozen and broke.  :nono:
Bud

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8562 on: Apr 26, 2017, 06:19 AM »
Morning ER's!!! Have a quiet day today with all the rain. Will be hitting it hard tmrw,by the end of the day tmrw we will be all caught up.

Eddie, hope u r recovering well from the dentist work. Hope u can get out fishing, maybe a tight line will help u forget about any pain.

IFF, sounds like u got the truck tricked out nicely,hope the new steps weren't too much of a PIA to install.hope u don't get to much snow I saw some place could get up to 2' near Denver......no thank you.

WW,glad to hear your camp was in good shape. Good luck if u get back out fishing again soon.

UFC,nice job on finding some hungry fishes, patience+persistence=success

WS, glad u were ok after taking a plunge from the kyack,I'm sure it was kind of funny once u got urself warm. hope today goes well for u in the jungle stay safe have a good day

H2l, only a week and a half till walleye season,wonder if there still hanging by the creeks

Icefisher,hope u had a good weekend with your daughter. Stay dry today another soggy day

Mr clean, hope u can get out on some fish soon.

IW, safe travels as u make your way home

Have a great day all!!!!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8563 on: Apr 26, 2017, 07:57 AM »
Light rain and 50 degrees. Trip to NYC went fine. Everything is looking good. She can come off the daily IV next week. That will make us both happy.

MW...There were still some walleyes in the creeks over the weekend. The creeks are staying up so there may be a good hatch this year. I will stay above the Northville bridge for the first weekend. There will have to be fish to be found....Everyone have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8564 on: Apr 26, 2017, 08:46 AM »
I guess we have the dates set for my grand daughter to hunt turkeys. We needed to set it for a weekend so her uncle will not be working so he can help if my body does not want to cooperate. I had planed on going over this Friday as my hunt starts on the first of May.  I forgot that another grand daughter graduates from college on Saturday. Can not miss that.

Eddie You need my old dentist. He accidently stuck the needle through my gum and shot Novocain on my tongue. Nasty tasting stuff.  He ended up giving me a big glass of bourbon and water to kill the taste. I did not need the Novocain after drinking that on an empty stomach at 8 am.

We got a call late last night that some one had started a picnic table on fire that was sitting under the porch on one of the Assn buildings. Luckily the guy two doors down is a retired fireman and they got it put out right away so that the building did not catch fire. Right now the man is a state fire marshal so it will be interesting to see how the police handle the arson which is a felony.

WS If you need some more workers let me know. LOL I managed to get an over hanging tree limb from over a blue spruce with out damaging the blue spruce. I was able to put enough pressure on the limb with my fence stretcher to get it to miss the spruce. I still have a few more limbs from the neighbors tree that are over taking my lot that need to go.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #8565 on: Apr 26, 2017, 02:58 PM »
Good afternoon everyone. Rain from out Whopper Stopper's way visited me yesterday and this morning dry now but skies still are overcast.
IFF nice to read you got the side steps installed the right angle drill attachment must have done it's job.
Mealworm enjoy your day of rest, hope your wood yard is not to badly messed up from the rain. May you dad and stepmom have a safe journey home from Florida.
Whopper Stopper hope you can get the things dry out not much fun working with heavy equipment on soft ground.
UFCreel nice job on the fishing trip. You must have less exposed skin then me while ice fishing . I've come home a few times with a red face after forgetting to bring or apply sun screen.
Hunts2long glad you had a good trip to NYC. Happy to read your wife can stop the daily IV's.
Mr.Turkey Congratulations to the grand daughter graduating from college. :clap: May your body hold up and every thing come together so your other grand daughter has a good turkey hunting trip.
Eddie glad your feeling better and can drink hot liquids and eat hot food . No I never got into fly fishing .

Have a safe and good evening folks.
Steve

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #8566 on: Apr 26, 2017, 08:22 PM »
Evening, Gang

Just a quick stop-by to say hello and that the thread is not forgotten, just been very busy with work and the personal stuff that by the time I have any free time, it's time for
     sleep so it can be done again the next day, it's getting boring and frustrating at the same time

Hopefully, this weekend I can catch up on everything

Stay Warm or Cool - Be Safe - Have Fun - Records & Limits - Happy Birthday - Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8567 on: Apr 27, 2017, 03:31 AM »
Good Morning ER's  H2L good news on your wifes no more daily IV Hope all are doing well. Daughters Dance Team kicked some but last time out.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8568 on: Apr 27, 2017, 04:26 AM »
Good Morning OG, Morning Everyone,
  Foggy and 55* on the Hill this am, high of 70 expected today with lots of sunshine.
  OG...nice to see you posting again Sir, congratulations to your daughter and her squad!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Capt...glad you're staying busy, hope you can catch a breather soon. The nice thing about this thread is you can just jump in anytime, say whatever you please whenever you get the opportunity...we just help keep the lights on... ;D
  H2...that's fantastic news on your wife, give her our congratulations!!   :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:
  Tom...hope they can catch the culprit who lit the fire. Congrats to your granddaughter graduating college and best of luck to all of you on the turkey season...looking forward to your reports!   :thumbsup:
  MW...hope you have a good day today catching up on your end, weather will be nice!
  Marv...kayak trip fishing today? Be careful if stopping at the island again.... ;D
  Bud...heard something on the weather channel about the possibility of 2' of snow out your way?? Did I hear that right?

Spent a few hours at the hospital yesterday with my BIL. They gave him several doses of insulin and his numbers came down significantly compared to where they were. Thank God he went in when he did, the Dr. said he came very close to going into a coma with his blood sugar levels. His vision was still blurred yesterday, but they assured him that would clear up. Scarey stuff...will know more on his progress later this morning.
  Rain yesterday stuck around for most of the day off and on. I passed on an afternoon trip fishing, but I'm ready to hit it this am....so cawfee's on gang!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8569 on: Apr 27, 2017, 05:01 AM »
Good Morning OG, Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

I have been fighting a slow connection for the lats 45 minutes, and finally made it this far :thumbsup:

35 with snow coming down and NW winds at 20 today. I am thinking about skipping the kayak Eddie :whistle:
It looks like we will be in the cold and wet until the first part of the week.

Eddie did you get to load your boat and see how the rack worked?

Excellent news on your wife H2  :clap: :thumbsup:

WW any fishing going on?

I have to get ready to take the wife to the bus stop so I best get going. Maybe the computer will be ready to go when I get back.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8570 on: Apr 27, 2017, 06:49 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Eddie you heard right, it will be about 45 minute drive from me.  Higher elevation to the west.  Only rain here in the valley, but with this weather front, low temps as low as 22* on my hill.  Afraid there goes the cherry tree, and asparagus  :cookoo:

Sounds like the BIL did the right thing and getting in when he did, scary is right.

Thought about taking boat out, but now think I will just go back to my pillow. 

Marv think I would cancel on taking the kayak to the water too.

Hope everyone's day turns out to be good for you.  Is spring/summer going to happen ?
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8571 on: Apr 27, 2017, 08:28 AM »
Bud  At least the asparagus will come back. You will lose a few pickings but there is more to come up. Not so for the cherries.

Eddie I feel for your BIL, been there done that. I ended up with an iv pump going in my arm to bring my BS down. The ER doc told the wife if I had not come in that day he probably would have not been able to save me the next day. I almost went totally blind. A week or so later I realized I could see the TV with one eye clear as a bell with out any glasses. My eyes ended up going back to their original RX.

The guessers really guessed wrong last night. Called for heavy rain over the state. Wrong! It died coming up Lake Michigan.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #8572 on: Apr 27, 2017, 01:58 PM »
Good afternoon folks.
 Eddie good to hear your BIL is doing better diabetes can be difficult to manage may his condition continue to improve with treatment.
Capt.Jim hope things are going better for your step daughter.
Old Goat congratulations to your daughter and her dance team.
Whopper Stopper hope your computer's performance improves, also hope your snow blower is not put away for the year . It sounds like you may need it to clean up from the storm.
IFF sorry to read that you will likely loose the blossoms and this year's crop of cherries.
Mr.Turkey enjoy the grand daughter's graduation ceremony tomorrow. Best wishes for a successful turkey hunting season.

Have a good evening everyone.
Steve

Offline manitron2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8573 on: Apr 27, 2017, 03:29 PM »
Don't mind me. I am here trying to pad my post total so I can become a full fledged shantyite again.Was busted down to a newbie due to an email snafu.   ;)
Get off the fence and protect your rights!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8574 on: Apr 27, 2017, 05:30 PM »
Don't talk like that manitron2, I hope you keep coming back. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #8575 on: Apr 27, 2017, 05:57 PM »
We're here on this thread all year long, so feel free to join us!! Did you contact ADMIN about your problem??
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8576 on: Apr 27, 2017, 06:04 PM »
Manitron2:  Coffee is pretty good in the morning.....Well most all day in fact.  But learn to grab quick when the Dome is off the goodies.

Got plans for the weekend Steve ?
Bud

Offline WarBonnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8577 on: Apr 27, 2017, 06:19 PM »
Manitron2:  Coffee is pretty good in the morning.....Well most all day in fact.  But learn to grab quick when the Dome is off the goodies.

That's what SHE said !!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8578 on: Apr 27, 2017, 06:25 PM »
WB what woke you up ? ;D
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8579 on: Apr 28, 2017, 03:35 AM »
Good Morning Everyone! :bow:

29 here in the bog with a high today of 50. Yesterday was about the same except we had a stiff wind to go with it, man it seemed cold :unsure:

Yesterday I met the electrician at my sister in laws and he installed a ceiling fan, kitchen light, and 1 out door flood light. I said it before but it is fun watching a pro fly through the job. I had been contemplating going early and putting the fan together to save him some time. He had it together in less than 10 minutes and never even took the directions out of the bag. Within an hour he was on his way.

Not much going on today. I have a side job to check out and then I am going to stop at Fleet Farm and see what I am missing for some baits. Next weekend is the game fish opener on the river and in Wisconsin, followed by the opener here in 2 weeks.

Can't wait to hear about IW's trip. I am guessing he will be rolling in any day :thumbsup:

Hope you all have an excellent Friday! Stay safe!

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.