Author Topic: Milwaukee M18 Mud Mixer with Standard Strike Master Laser 8"  (Read 1324 times)

Offline I.C.E Fishr38

• IceShanty Rookie
A question for the group..... Has anyone tried a Milwaukee M18 mud mixer with a generic Strikemaster 8" auger ... not a k drill, a standard blade 8" Strikemaster Lazer. I want to pursue this for this years season but can't see any videos or discussions on it and am looking for some opinions, or anyone else devious enough to do it. Thanks in advance.

Offline PazzoCorso

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Milwaukee M18 Mud Mixer with Standard Strike Master Laser 8"
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2018, 01:47 PM »
I have a MM on an 8" Mora. No problems

Offline TheStretch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2018, 09:44 AM »
I run a 2706 (last years fuel with one key) on my 8" lazer, and it runs great. I imagine the mud mixer would be even better. I dont put any downward pressure on it, and make sure it is fully perpendicular,  and I dont have any breakthrough issues like some.

Offline B540glenn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2019, 08:42 PM »
This winter, I purchased a M18 Fuel (2804) hammer drill, a Clam Plate and new blades to use with my 8" Strike Master Lazer.  I do not have the drill set to hammer mode.

I couldn't be more happy with the performance of that setup.  It went through 18" of ice in less then 10 seconds.

If the mud mixer has similar torque, then I would expect you won't have any problems either.

I do plan to add a spring mod to the Clam Plate for the trigger just for convenience. 

Glenn

Offline lynng

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 31, 2019, 07:56 AM »
I HAVE THE Mud Mixer on an 8 in. Nils. Works great.

Offline papadarv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 31, 2019, 12:56 PM »
I have both the Mud Mixer and M18 Fule 2804 (1200ip). I also use the Mora 7 & 8" hand augers modified to run on my drills and Eskimo Mako gas. I also built direct drive chuck adapters and use the ION quick change adapter. Both drills work very well on my smooth blade augers. My chipper type drills 30" of ice ivy 15 to 17 seconds on the Mako but stop both Mud Mixer and M18 Fule if I put a bit of pressure on the drill. I use 9A batteries. I use the drills early ice to about 25" ice and switch to gas on 20+ inches in my Wheel House. I get the Mora hand for $5 to $15 so I have a few of them.The Mud Mixer has a thermo cut out that stops the drill when pushed. Usually happens on hole 6 or 7 in 20" ice. Takes 3 or so min. to recover. I do not use the Eskilo 10" on drills.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.