The Dark House Spearing board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Sheppel 4000  (Read 1275 times)

Offline bth

• IceShanty Rookie
  • What a glorius site:)
Sheppel 4000
« on: Nov 16, 2011, 10:29 AM »
Has any one tried one for a portable spearing shack? Or any sheppal for that matter.  I picked one up for a good price but got to looking at it I think it is going to let to much light in  :-\
Never a bad time to be fishing;)

Offline akwawe

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Sheppel 4000
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2011, 08:12 PM »
my brother in law used a portable style that looks like a turkey blind.  was plenty dark inside but he didn't like that he had to tie it down when windy.

Offline StabinCabin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2011, 11:43 AM »
I even anchor my permanent  house. Even the large shanty's will fly across the lake with a stiff wind.
Rippin lips one at a time.

Offline jasonmichalski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2011, 08:33 AM »
one late winter there was water on the ice and I seen a aluminum shanty start moving and rope was coming out the hole. When it hit the end of 50' of rope a boat anchor come out of the hole fly in the air hit the ice and they disappeared in the sunset. I laughted so hard I had tears, morel of the story anchor to the ice.

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over i will ice fish there to...
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2011, 09:17 AM »
i seen a guy cut out a big square in the carpeted area all the way through the plastic and filled it with osb on hinges and he could sit on the other side with the carpet and fish through the little hole and spear through the big hole under the osb It is actually a great setup and thought i might try it
FISH ON

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2011, 07:19 PM »
one late winter there was water on the ice and I seen a aluminum shanty start moving and rope was coming out the hole. When it hit the end of 50' of rope a boat anchor come out of the hole fly in the air hit the ice and they disappeared in the sunset. I laughted so hard I had tears, morel of the story anchor to the ice.

LMAO  ;D very funny but very true  :-\

Offline shadykiller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2011, 04:09 PM »
i use a 3000 dlx all the time just cut the plastic on one side hinged it. works well not to much light. what i like it has alot more room than u would think. and it can be used either way.

Offline WhiteTailHunter87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 31, 2011, 10:42 PM »
I cut my flood then hinged it with pop rivets works great
Pin Em To The Bottom!!!

Army National Guard HOOAH!!! 88M

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.