New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: opinions on hummingbird flashers  (Read 958 times)

Offline trap123

• IceShanty Rookie
opinions on hummingbird flashers
« on: Feb 04, 2010, 04:27 PM »
i,m leaning towards getting a hummingbird 35. does anyone have one and if so how does it perform in comparison to other brands?

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live to fish not fishin to live!!!
Re: opinions on hummingbird flashers
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2010, 04:35 PM »
I don't personally have one, but I got to use one the other morning.  I am sold on the unit.  Best one I have used yet.  I think this one was a 55 though.

Offline eddiew_29

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2010, 09:46 AM »
trap123 i have the 45 and in my opinion blows all other out of the water!!! and ive used the vexs and marcums. the marcums are nice but too small for my likings. if your gonna be at the western ny meet and greet ill be there and ill let you borrow my until to try it out if you would like!! ill love the extra couple features on the 45 compared to the 35. they do make a bit of a difference!!!

Offline crappiekid

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2010, 10:15 AM »
trap123 i have the 45 and in my opinion blows all other out of the water!!! and ive used the vexs and marcums. the marcums are nice but too small for my likings. if your gonna be at the western ny meet and greet ill be there and ill let you borrow my until to try it out if you would like!! ill love the extra couple features on the 45 compared to the 35. they do make a bit of a difference!!!
[/quot e] 

Just curious you said the Marcums are to small for your likings ? Could you explain . Thanks .

Offline jss111678

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2010, 11:10 AM »
i have the 35 just got it work well lights are bright. 45 is better but i got the 35 on sale. i would get either if it was cause its cheaper it would do the job

Offline eddiew_29

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2010, 11:44 AM »
[/quot e] 

Just curious you said the Marcums are to small for your likings ? Could you explain . Thanks .
just the display area. they seem to light up real nice though. my hummingbird screen is twice the size. and the battery on the hummingbirds last alot longer than what the guys i know that use marcums lasts! i can fish 35+hours on just one charge!

Offline crappiekid

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2010, 11:51 AM »
Thanks for the the reply .I have a Marcum can run all day plus on a charge .Never counted how many hrs. straight.  I charge it after every use. Like to take a look at a Hummingbird someday .

Offline eddiew_29

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2010, 12:16 PM »
Thanks for the the reply .I have a Marcum can run all day plus on a charge .Never counted how many hrs. straight.  I charge it after every use. Like to take a look at a Hummingbird someday .
if your ever in western ny id be more than happy to let you try it out!! i even make it to the fingerlakes every now and then. let me know and your more than welcome to try it!

Offline trap123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 06, 2010, 06:48 PM »

i appreciate the responses, i think i have made up my mind

Offline mikeymjr23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 06, 2010, 08:59 PM »
I don't personally have one, but I got to use one the other morning.  I am sold on the unit.  Best one I have used yet.  I think this one was a 55 though.

I used this with Game Hog.  Yes, it is a 55.  I think it is great!  I just started ice fishing...Friday was the first time ever and I really liked it with the flasher.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.