Author Topic: Reel Schematics  (Read 643 times)

Offline lhprop1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Reel Schematics
« on: Nov 06, 2009, 02:18 PM »
Does anyone know who makes the Scheel's branded ice fishing reels? I got it 2 or 3 years ago as a combo with a rod. It's a 4 bearing reel.

I was taking it apart to clean and oil it and piece popped out from somewhere I didn't see. Now as I try to put it together, that piece doesn't logically seem to fit anywhere. I tried putting it back together without that little piece in there because, you know, sometimes stuff still works. It didn't. The handle wouldn't even turn without that little piece.

I'd like to see the brand's schematics if they're online to see where the heck that little piece goes.

Ben
How would you play today if you knew you couldn\'t play tomorrow?

Offline stoutbait

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • In ice we trust... sometimes
Re: Reel Schematics
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2009, 02:22 PM »
I did a project for a class on a spinning reel. I think it was a shimano, found an exploded view online. Same thing happened to me while taking the reel apart, drawing was a life saver. I would try finding another drawing and seeing if they have a similar part.
Tight lines and safe fishing.

Offline stoutbait

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • In ice we trust... sometimes
« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2009, 02:24 PM »
Tight lines and safe fishing.

Offline lhprop1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2009, 02:53 PM »
Thanks!  It looks like the anti-reverse cam spring, but you'd be surprised how different pieces are from reel to reel.  I was just trying to see if anyone knew who made the Scheel's branded ice reels so I could get the schematics from that company.  

Usually, stores like Gander, Scheels, Cabela's, etc will have one of the companies like Diawa, Shakespeare, etc make reels for them with the store name on them.  Once I can find out which company makes the Scheel's branded reel, I'll start looking at the schematics from that company and find out for sure.  
How would you play today if you knew you couldn\'t play tomorrow?

Offline Nor Easter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just an old coot takin a Li'l Crappie on the ice
« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2009, 10:06 AM »
Have you tried going to Scheel`s site and looking to see if it is still available? Or Googled ice reels or combos and looked for one like it?

Is there a model # on the reel? Can you post a pic?

4 ball bearing sounds like the quality is there so surely there should be something to give a clue.
Caveat Emptor et cum grano salis
I enjoy helping people out,,, which way did you come in?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.