Author Topic: Suitcase shanty  (Read 1374 times)

Offline SKAMPO

• Team IceShanty Regular
Suitcase shanty
« on: Nov 09, 2014, 06:49 PM »
I'm looking to go back to a suitcase style shanty and was wondering who all makes them. So far I've found Shappell S & DX series, Clam 2000 and one from HT Enterprises. I don't like the HT cause the fishing holes are opposite each other and the Clam seems kinda pricey like everything else they make. I've done a fair bit of google searching but was wondering if any other companies make a decent pop up.

Thanks for the help.  ;D

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Suitcase shanty
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2014, 10:44 PM »
check out the Canvas craft web site. they make a suitcase style house kit. they offer it in non insulated and  insulated. it is the frame for the fabric and the fabric, you build the floor for it so you can lay out the holes how ever you like . I had one of their 4' x 8' ones in the fully insulated fabric. I built a extra beefy floor for mine to where I put 6 catch covers in it(3 on each half of the house). it was a good house but I ended up not using it enough and sold it. the canvas craft houses are higher priced but they are worth it in the long run.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2014, 05:49 PM »
don't forget frabill refuge. i got a s3000 and it is a good shanty a little tight but a good shanty. also the refuge did not look bad a little better then the clam2000 in personal experience  the clam is not high enough to stand up in the frabill and the shappell's are. except the shappell s2000. any how take a look  at them all and buy what suits you i found that if using a brief case style you need either skis like the s3000 has or a jet sled type sled to carry them on and a couple ratchet straps to lock it down to the sled.. 

Offline Purple Floyd

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2014, 06:04 PM »
I have the Shappell dlx 3000. I like the plastic molded floor compared to the plywood type that the rest of my family has in their Mankato Tent and Awning suitcase houses. Lighter and no maintenance.Insulated would be better.

Offline fishinnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2014, 12:46 PM »
Love the Shappell 4000. Plenty of room.
God grant me strength to catch a fish
So large that even I
When telling of it afterwards
May never need to lie.

Offline cold carpenter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2014, 09:11 PM »
If your wondering about durability, I have heavily used my Shappell 2000 for nine years. She's getting tired for sure, but still together.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.