Author Topic: ice cleats for baffin boots  (Read 4291 times)

Offline wile.e.1

• Team IceShanty Regular
ice cleats for baffin boots
« on: Sep 16, 2014, 03:13 PM »
looking for some cleats for my Apex boots. Any recommendations for a particular brand of cleats ?  and / or where you got them. Thank you
Remember those that served..All gave some...Some gave All

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: ice cleats for baffin boots
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16, 2014, 04:32 PM »
Kahtoola micro spikes  for my Baffin Crossfire...I got mine toward the end of last season at a local sporting goods store $50 bucks ...hands down best cleats ..I recommend you bring your boot ...got large as they recommend ..lil tough getting on could of went XL
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline wile.e.1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 2014, 05:35 PM »
thanks for the reply, found em on amazon  60 bucks.  tough to find a decent pair that will fit over baffin's

Offline lynng

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Sep 18, 2014, 07:54 PM »
+1 on the kahtoola's.  They work great over my Baffins and have lasted four seasons.

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Sep 18, 2014, 09:06 PM »
The micro spikes are the way to go, I have tryed many different types over the years and they are by far the best, worked at a ski area area for 22years in the snowmaking dept so trust me I have tryed them all and the micro spikes are the best

Offline bigfish54

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I live for this!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Sep 18, 2014, 09:12 PM »
I have Baffin impacts and the XL Katoola micro spikes are perfect, I've used them for the last 3 years. Solid traction no matter where you are on the ice.

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Sep 19, 2014, 09:47 AM »
One thing I found about the micro spikes is they dont bother my feet some of the other brands out there made my feet sore I can wear the micro spikes all day and they dont bother my feet at all being comfortable is important to me

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Sep 19, 2014, 09:51 AM »
One thing I found about the micro spikes is they dont bother my feet some of the other brands out there made my feet sore I can wear the micro spikes all day and they dont bother my feet at all being comfortable is important to me

Although my feet were sore it was my back that took a beating with other ice cleats ...Micros took care of all that ...so they are all that n a bag a chips
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline wile.e.1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Sep 19, 2014, 01:57 PM »
thanks for the feedback.  I hesitated about asking about them , but then thought..who better to ask. Appreciate the info.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Sep 19, 2014, 02:44 PM »
I think for the record this was the shortest answered thread with one consensus for an answer ...that does not happen often  . w.e.1 that's why this forum shines ..there really are no dumb/stupid etc question just ones that you don't have the answers to...yet...I have bought a lot of gear based on the widespread recommendation from members of this site.... others have done so much "homework" in regards to testing and putting gear through real world extreme conditions . Your opinion matters on this site. 

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Sep 19, 2014, 04:51 PM »
For a cheaper pair that will fit over your Baffin Apex boots. Look to SnoShuz XL around $14.00. I use them on my Apex boots and find walking great distances comfortable. Haven't fallen with them on ether.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #11 on: Sep 20, 2014, 05:26 AM »
I think for the record this was the shortest answered thread with one consensus for an answer ...that does not happen often  . w.e.1 that's why this forum shines ..there really are no dumb/stupid etc question just ones that you don't have the answers to...yet...I have bought a lot of gear based on the widespread recommendation from members of this site.... others have done so much "homework" in regards to testing and putting gear through real world extreme conditions . Your opinion matters on this site.

Excellent reply HD!! Excellent!! :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
I'm in the market for new boots as well, and Baffins are one of my 3 choices, the other two being Trans Alaskans or Mucks.
I've been wearing Yaktrax Extreme XTR's for a few seasons, and they've worked well for me personally....when I needed spikes....others have had issues with them.  I don't believe I've ever heard anything but good reviews on Kahtoolas!!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Sep 20, 2014, 05:55 AM »
I have had a pair now for several years , they are easy on and off , they don't build up with snow , light weight , you also walk naturally this helps in the knee and back department , best thing I have had on my feet in the last 40 plus years on the ice ,and I average about 5 days a week on the ice , thanks ice addict for the tip on these things many years ago , worth every penny IMO

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Sep 20, 2014, 07:51 AM »
Kahtolas ....best thing on the ice ..besides your katch :flex: :flex: :flex:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.