Author Topic: Cycle Country ATV Shelters  (Read 4272 times)

FISHFORPIKE

Cycle Country ATV Shelters
« on: Oct 10, 2013, 01:14 PM »
Anyone have any experience with the Cycle Country ATV Shelters?  They make a one and two man unit that fastens to the rear rack and/or can be used stand alone.  Not much info on their web site as to size and materials, etc.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
Re: Cycle Country ATV Shelters
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2013, 01:58 PM »
I have an older model which I bought last year. It is small, but works for me. I think in the new models the 2 man and 1 man units are the same size and the difference is the number of seats. Can't say for sure. It seems to be well built and is very easy to attach and remove from my ATV. Mine doesn't have a door and has to be flipped up to go outside. I like the idea of having a door.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2013, 02:27 PM »
I have an older model which I bought last year. It is small, but works for me. I think in the new models the 2 man and 1 man units are the same size and the difference is the number of seats. Can't say for sure. It seems to be well built and is very easy to attach and remove from my ATV. Mine doesn't have a door and has to be flipped up to go outside. I like the idea of having a door.

Thanks.  The newer ones do look a little larger and different style.  I'm trying to get dimensions.  I think there is a difference in the one and two man - if you look on Amazon, they have a 2 man and list the collapsed dimensions.
When it's on the rear rack, is it the way of a rear box?  or does it "hang" off the rear?
Anyways, looks interesting enough to me that I may try one out this year.  Maybe I can "adapt" it to my use.  ;D  It would definitely be worthwhile to not have anything in tow behind the wheeler, at times.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2013, 09:51 AM »
It would be in the way of a rear box unless you found a way to make it hang upright behind the quad. They attach to the rack using two pipes which the shack mount slides into. I have two bucket racks on the back of my quad and a large basket which attaches to the side of my front rack. I could have mounted the pipes to the underside of my rack if I wanted to. This is the best price I have ever seen for one and the pictures may help you if they didn't have them on their website. You can always ask the dimensions on ebay if ya want also. http://www.ebay.com/itm/130696448184?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_1205wt_1106

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2013, 10:59 AM »
Thanks.  I been looking - Amazon has the 2 seater (I think I want the "room") for 319 - shipped.  Still trying to find the set up dimensions.  Really need to know the front to rear measurement.  I do not want to be limited to a short ice rod.
I think some of the pics helped me to determine that I could mount it to the rear of the box I have on my machine.  Running out of space in my enclosed trailer!  :woot:

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2013, 12:01 PM »
My ice scout doesn't have much room for rods, but I spend a lot of my time fishing outside unless it is too cold for that. There is a photo of the two man on ebay with the seats down and it looks to me like there is room for some fairly long rods. http://www.ebay.com/itm/180988065991?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_2966wt_971

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #6 on: Oct 11, 2013, 01:39 PM »
Yeh  --  that same pic is everywhere.  I have "asked" for dimensions from one of the ebay sellers.  Did a chat with some sales outfit and all they cam back with was "we don't have that information".  ???  Somewhere I saw that the two man was like 54" wide but they did give the length.  54 is just right for my big elbows  ;D

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #7 on: Oct 11, 2013, 01:57 PM »
lol Lucky you!! My ice scout is 30" wide. I don't think I get in it, I put the darn thing on.  ;D I don't see any actual measurements  here, but the picture of the inside of the shack looks like it has plenty of length for rods. I think I read somewhere the width is 53". http://www.ebay.com/itm/130696448184?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_1205wt_1106 If I had a buyer for mine I would probably buy the new style.  :unsure:

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Oct 12, 2013, 09:45 AM »
Great idea but the price is far too high. You can get yourself a nice pop up that holds 4 people and 4 chairs a lot cheaper. And it wont take up any more room on the atv.
<===Lefty===

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #9 on: Oct 12, 2013, 10:30 AM »
Great idea but the price is far too high. You can get yourself a nice pop up that holds 4 people and 4 chairs a lot cheaper. And it wont take up any more room on the atv.
lol Now if I only had room for those four people on my quad along with bait bucket, heater, rods, auger, flasher and other necessary items.  ;)

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #10 on: Oct 12, 2013, 01:57 PM »
Not interested in four people - or four chairs- or a pop-up type shelter - just me and a comfortable, setup and the ability to move around quickly and easily.  Just thinking about it - I have an Otter flip shelter that works well, just thinking about the thought of not having to tow something.  It's not about the money!  I'll maybe give it a try - if it doesn't work like I think - it'll get sold or passed on to someone that will use and appreciate it.  I have a son that just loves to see me buy stuff!  ;D
By the way, I found the dimensions of the Cycle Country shelters, all but no the setup dimensions.  They just don't get the details out there.  Wondering about the overall quality now.
The double:
Brand   Cycle Country
Item Weight   56.5 pounds
Product Dimensions   52 x 36 x 5 inches
Manufacturer Part Number   50-0830

The single:
Brand   Cycle Country
Item Weight   47 pounds
Product Dimensions   43 x 35 x 5 inches
Manufacturer Part Number   50-0820

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #11 on: Oct 12, 2013, 06:32 PM »
Not interested in four people - or four chairs- or a pop-up type shelter - just me and a comfortable, setup and the ability to move around quickly and easily.  Just thinking about it - I have an Otter flip shelter that works well, just thinking about the thought of not having to tow something.  It's not about the money!  I'll maybe give it a try - if it doesn't work like I think - it'll get sold or passed on to someone that will use and appreciate it.  I have a son that just loves to see me buy stuff!  ;D
By the way, I found the dimensions of the Cycle Country shelters, all but no the setup dimensions.  They just don't get the details out there.  Wondering about the overall quality now.
The double:
Brand   Cycle Country
Item Weight   56.5 pounds
Product Dimensions   52 x 36 x 5 inches
Manufacturer Part Number   50-0830

The single:
Brand   Cycle Country
Item Weight   47 pounds
Product Dimensions   43 x 35 x 5 inches
Manufacturer Part Number   50-0820
I have a two man Frabill flipover and a 4 man Eskimo popup and there is a reason for going this way for me also. I don't need to drag a bunch of stuff I don't need when by myself. If two are going I use something else and when the ice gets thick enough I use the wheel house.  ;D

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #12 on: Oct 15, 2013, 07:06 PM »
Well, I wrote to Kolpin (they purchased Cycle Country 2 years ago) and got a response on the ATV Ice Cabin.  ;D  They quit marketing it when they took over Cycle Country!  >:(  He did not have any set up measurements but did send me a PDF of assembling the shelter.  So - looking at that PDF I can see that the top and bottom "hoops" are collapsible (like the tent tubes on a flip shelter).  Given the pack dimensions of the double 52" X 36" X 5"  -  the 52" is the width (perfect for me and my big elbows) and the 36" is the collapsed tubes that make the bottom and top hoops.  So I would guess about 5.5 ft. for the "depth" in the set up mode?

I think that is adequte for a hookset area. I also think I can either mount it off the front rack or make it work off the rear along with my large box  - I'm thinking I'll make the purchase  @)

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #13 on: Oct 15, 2013, 08:03 PM »
I think you will like it. It's so easy to move when you want to. Mine is a bit smaller than I would like, but I sure got tired of loading and unloading my two man flip into the back of my truck while standing on ice or hard packed snow. Now I can be folded up and gone before I could put the top of my two man flip down and ready for travel.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #14 on: Oct 21, 2013, 07:50 PM »
Well, after 3 tries from Amazon vendors, I got one.  Dealers were advertising without having them and they are no longer produced.  Anyways I got it and put it together tonight.  Seems to be a decent setup, we'll see when it goes into actual service.  The idea is great and the double (two-man) unit is just right as a single.  Room for everything I use.  Got to come up with a couple rod holders and a better seat.  I like comfort on the ice.  @)  Mounted it to the front rack (not the rear).  Unit has an insulated fabric top - was not expecting that and 600 denier sides with windows, vents and side opening door.  Everything seems to be quality and well made.  I''l get some pics this season when I get my tracks on.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.