Author Topic: Lowrance x67c ice machine  (Read 10033 times)

Offline NorthEastFisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lowrance x67c ice machine
« on: Mar 01, 2012, 05:19 PM »
Im looking get a lowrance x67c for both summer and winter fishing. How do you like it if you have it(pros and cons)? And since my ice seasons done im wondering if its easy to convert it to a summer fishing machine.
Team CT 203
YouTube Channel: NorthEastFisherman

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lowrance x67c ice machine
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2012, 09:38 PM »
Had it on the ice only twice this season  :(; looking to pair it w/ skimmer transducer for my canoe. Any pics of such rigging?

Great sonar unit BTW :)
Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Offline NorthEastFisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2012, 12:49 PM »
Thats what i was hoping to do but ive seen people saying you need a different transducer for open water.
Team CT 203
YouTube Channel: NorthEastFisherman

Offline wyo700

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2012, 01:19 PM »
I have had mine for three seasons now. No complaints love it has helped me catch a ton of fish. Never used it for summer time don't have a boat or anything.

Offline fishcrusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Fish?
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2012, 01:25 PM »
I have a couple and they are great.  No interference from other units on the ice.  And they work great in the summer as well.  Super long battery life.  Highly recommend!
Withdraw to the Wilderness
Wekusko Falls Lodge

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2012, 07:27 PM »
I have the winter Xducer with the short cord and the summer one.   All I can say is the machine works.  No complaints.  Would I buy another, yes, maybe an Elite unit if I find a money tree.   ;D

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Mar 03, 2012, 05:07 PM »

mine is 4 yrs now and it works just fine i only use graph mode , draw back screen is a little small but not a problem , i fish for perch and eyes in 20-40 ft  bottom huggers just can't hide and with the memory i don't have to stare at the screen all the time like my vex , and the price is right , but get a 9 amp battery for extended hrs of fishing 

Offline mark4493

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2012, 07:47 PM »
I use mine for ice fishing and in a little boat.  I bought a skimmer transducer on my little boat. It works great. I bought it for the same reason. all pros, no consOf course it does not compare to the one in my salmon boat, but that one is a heck of a lot more money. Buy it, you will not regret it.

Offline NEK

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 06, 2012, 01:57 PM »
Bought mine this season and used it a lot, with absolutely no problems. It does what it is supposed to do and does it well. I am very happy with the little varmint and have no hesitation in recommending it to any one. It should work fine on a boat - just buy the skimmer transducer and figure  how to mount the unit. Ditto on the 9 amp battery.
Warren

Offline princecraft

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 06, 2012, 04:31 PM »
I have had mine for 7 years with no regrets.  No need to buy a skimmer transducer though if you are going to use it on smaller boats.  I just made a bracket out of wood and a c-clamp and attach it that way.
Fisherman's Prayer
   I pray that I may live to fish
          Until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast,
       I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord's great landing net
           And peacefully asleep,
      That in His mercy I be Judged
              BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Offline gunn308

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Mar 06, 2012, 07:21 PM »
I love mine, for ice I use the flasher more than the graph, mine came with a suction cup transducer which works great with my kayak. The skimmer gives a wider 20 degree angle the ice transducer gives you 6 degrees so the skimmer is worth the extra bucks.
"Oats that have already been through the horse are always cheaper than oats that haven't"

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 06, 2012, 07:35 PM »
I love mine, for ice I use the flasher more than the graph, mine came with a suction cup transducer which works great with my kayak. The skimmer gives a wider 20 degree angle the ice transducer gives you 6 degrees so the skimmer is worth the extra bucks.

Where'd you get an ice ducer with a 6 degree cone?  Mine is a 20 degree ice ducer that came standard with the unit.
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline gunn308

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Mar 06, 2012, 09:22 PM »
I stand corrected the iceducer is 20degrees, thank you. I bought  my unit used on e-bay it is a Cabelas model that came with both transducers, I though I read that it had 2 cone modes.
"Oats that have already been through the horse are always cheaper than oats that haven't"

Offline princecraft

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #13 on: Mar 07, 2012, 08:30 AM »

My ice transducer is also a 20 degree transducer and I use it all the time on a small boat.
Fisherman's Prayer
   I pray that I may live to fish
          Until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast,
       I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord's great landing net
           And peacefully asleep,
      That in His mercy I be Judged
              BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #14 on: Mar 07, 2012, 06:24 PM »
i use the ice ducer in my boat as well,i just made a bracket out of wood thats held on with a C clamp and a pin to adjust how low the ducer will sit on different boats. i have no problem with the battery that came with the finder 7ah will last at least 3ohrs of fishing.they are great little units and would deff recommend to anybody thats looking for an open water/ice fishing finder

Offline IceFisher64

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jun 18, 2012, 07:50 PM »
own the ice model.no complaints .only use it also for winter.

Offline smontague

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Flag up, ass down
« Reply #16 on: Jun 27, 2012, 06:46 AM »
I bought the ice machine kit this past winter, and I can honestly say that my catch percentage sky rocketed. Such a versatile tool.

I also bought the skimmer transducer for the boat for about 60 or 70 bucks I think, and put some connectors on the end of the wires so I could just use it with the battery in the ice pack.

I also picked up a transducer transom mount portable holder from a local store.

I`ll get some pics up in the next few days.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jun 27, 2012, 09:09 AM »
I use mine for ice and open water ... works liek a charm  ;)

One question though ...  i have been using the graph mode more while trolling and the battery definitely does not last as long .......  i have used it all day ice fishing with flasher mode but can't get more than 6 or 7 hours trolling in graph mode.

I do have a vex fl18 as well so i now bring both batteries when i troll and it seems like both die quicker while in graph mode.

Anyone else have issues or is my battery dying?
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline JAM3S

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 40° makes me sweat.
« Reply #18 on: Jun 27, 2012, 10:22 AM »
I LOVE MINE!!! so do all the first timers i bring out with me, the graph screen takes less than a minute to understand.  I have found one "problem".  I have picked up interference when in the middle of a dozen flashers. Also, first thing is to get rid of the little transducer arm and metal rod.  Get a $5 transducer float with zip ties. 

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #19 on: Jun 27, 2012, 10:33 AM »
It is my new baby I use it on the boat now as a depth and fish finder I like to anchor up and jig I catch 3 fish to my dad's one he gets mad and keeps saying I'm going to get one of those things.
Price for pound it's the best thing going.

"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jun 28, 2012, 11:05 AM »
I LOVE MINE!!! so do all the first timers i bring out with me, the graph screen takes less than a minute to understand.  I have found one "problem".  I have picked up interference when in the middle of a dozen flashers. Also, first thing is to get rid of the little transducer arm and metal rod.  Get a $5 transducer float with zip ties.

i have had interference issues with mine as well  .... there is a noise reduction setting that helps but in deep water you will need to find yourself a little elbow room  .... which is fine with me
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline JAM3S

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 40° makes me sweat.
« Reply #21 on: Jun 28, 2012, 11:38 PM »
i have had interference issues with mine as well  .... there is a noise reduction setting that helps but in deep water you will need to find yourself a little elbow room  .... which is fine with me

Absolutely correct.  In less than 20' depth i never have a problem.  In 40' you better have 80' personal bubble.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22 on: Jul 03, 2012, 07:22 PM »
i have fished with mine in 40' with guys about 30 feet away without any problem , with all kinds of different units , maybe they need to adjust there units as well , just a thought

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.