Author Topic: Seats for the ice  (Read 4308 times)

Offline adkwiley

• Team IceShanty Regular
Seats for the ice
« on: Nov 25, 2010, 09:23 AM »
Starting to look at new gear for the season and have been thinkin bout seats.  I'm a bucket sitter  Cause I dont liek having to bring excess gear out on the ice like a chair if i dont need to. however my lower back starts to give me problems after a while of sitting hunched over.  Been lookin at  this seat through cabelas.  Seems like it may be a good buy, got good reviews, most people use them for duck or deer hunting.  I like one guys idea of pairing it up with a swivel lid for the bucket.  What do you guys use out there? http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunting/Hunting-Blinds/Stools-Chairs-Seat-Cushions|/pc/104791680/c/104702580/sc/104607180/Splash-Bucket-Buddy-Comfort-Chair/707569.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FN%3D1100114 

Offline Bennettc

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Seats for the ice
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2010, 09:29 AM »
It doesn't look like you can use the buckets handle with the seat on it.  I think that would be pretty much like bringing a big chair out to the field.

Offline gotcrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2010, 09:44 AM »
It would be nice to have the back support with that seat.  I've always used the half bucket seats and after a few hours it doesn't feel so good. 

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2010, 09:52 AM »
I always use a 3 legged folding camp chair like this when my back is out:

http://www.reedssports.com/Product/product.taf?_function=detail&_ID=23119

Or a 4 legged folding camp chair like this when my back is fine:

http://www.reedssports.com/Product/product.taf?_function=detail&_ID=23120

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2010, 10:16 AM »
Hi Melbs7,
            Could you modify your two links. Or just tell us the web site we can insert between the two dots that follow www.   Thanks,
                              Tom

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
« Reply #5 on: Nov 25, 2010, 11:42 AM »
Until I started using the Clam Yukon with swivel seat and nice back support, I used this one from Cabelas:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunting/Hunting-Blinds/Stools-Chairs-Seat-Cushions%7C/pc/104791680/c/104702580/sc/104607180/Action-Products-Deluxe-Super-Seat/708285.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FN%3D1100114

You can put a lot of stuff inside it and it offers pretty decent back support too.

Offline crazie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2010, 11:45 AM »
sportsman guide has ht folding chairs for 20 bucks for two of them im gonna order some for myself

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2010, 11:58 AM »
I just use a camping lounge chair.  They're big and comfy.  I can kick my feet up and fish lazy man style. ;D
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline poorfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 25, 2010, 01:15 PM »
I'm so busy running after flags and pulling fish out of the water the only time I have to sit is on the drive to and from the lake ;)
Blake from Elbow

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 25, 2010, 01:23 PM »
I think every now and then you would fall over backwards if you sat back in that thing.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #10 on: Nov 25, 2010, 02:13 PM »
Or end up snoozing away... ;D
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline BMW20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 28, 2010, 10:35 AM »
My Dad took one of those portable bleacher seats  (the kind that folds down and has a little spring clamp on the bottom of it that clamps on to stadium bleachers) and rigged up an attachment out of aluminum for the top of a crate in one of his ice sleds. Its really light but it gives him back support.

Offline one last cast

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Nov 28, 2010, 11:01 AM »
sportsman guide has ht folding chairs for 20 bucks for two of them im gonna order some for myself

i'm glad i did,they fit nice in my clam 2000
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #13 on: Nov 28, 2010, 11:04 AM »
I use a dove hunt chair. Way lite and tossed that square tubing bulky weighty crap out of the Eskimo years ago.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 28, 2010, 08:25 PM »
Until I started using the Clam Yukon with swivel seat and nice back support, I used this one from Cabelas:

You can put a lot of stuff inside it and it offers pretty decent back support too.

That seat looks just like the one I mounted to an igloo cooler with a swivel. But mine is Black and Yellow. I think I paid $12.00 for the seat at a local discount hardware store. It's light weight and is pretty comfy for me.

jbird68

Offline graybeard1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 29, 2010, 10:25 AM »
It doesn't look like you can use the buckets handle with the seat on it.  I think that would be pretty much like bringing a big chair out to the field.

I've got a seat for a bucket (not that particular one) that wouldn't allow me to use the wire handle, so I removed the handle, drilled a couple holes, and made a handle out of some light rope. Worked pretty slick for me, anyway.

Offline AdamT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Nov 29, 2010, 01:30 PM »
I think that this will be my next chair;

http://www.rei.com/product/638053

They make a cheaper non Made in USA version as well.

Adam

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 29, 2010, 08:23 PM »
Hi Melbs7,
            Could you modify your two links. Or just tell us the web site we can insert between the two dots that follow www.   Thanks,
                              Tom

Sorry... not sure what happened there.... I believe it was Reeds sporting goods that I was looking them up on.... but most places carry both the 3 and 4 legged folding chairs......

Offline adkwiley

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Nov 30, 2010, 08:47 AM »
I may try a few option i got hangin round in the shed before i go buying anything.  I got a camp chair  that resembles what i was looking at that i can just throw my heat a seat on and its pretty much the same thing.  Id rather save the cash for other equipment!  nice set ups from you guys though!

Offline jasond37

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag!
« Reply #19 on: Dec 03, 2010, 10:24 PM »
I have a Clam Chair, which is kinda cool because it stores everything (rods, tackle, and even your catch) and you can wear it like a backpack when walking out (kinda fits funny though).  I also have a small folding camp/hunt chair I sometimes use that just slings over my shoulder or packs in my sled I got from Fleet Farm.

Offline imfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Dec 04, 2010, 09:51 PM »
For years I have used an aluminum lawn chair (light wt. but supports the back on long days on the ice)

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Build A Smitty Sled.......it's a back & lung saver
« Reply #21 on: Dec 05, 2010, 04:59 PM »
I cut the arms off a regular bag chair, folds up nice and saves my back and rearend. Smitty
[email protected] if you don't have a FB account.....or search "The Original Smitty Sled" on FB....thank you

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.