Author Topic: Marcum VX-1  (Read 1485 times)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Marcum VX-1
« on: Jul 23, 2009, 07:12 PM »
I just bought a Marcum VX-1 Pro.  Does anyone have one of these and what are your thoughts?  I had used my buddy's Vex FL-8 for a brief time one outing last year, and it convinced me to get a flasher for the upcoming season when I could afford one.

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Marcum VX-1
« Reply #1 on: Jul 27, 2009, 04:32 PM »
I have one and really liked it for the $$. Bottom Zoom, decent interference. You can only get that with a Vex FL-18 or 20.  I think you wont be disappointed.

Had I not found a stellar deal yestarday on a new LX-5 I would still be using it....Guess the VX-1 will go to Craigslist soon.

Offline dabber-doo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dreaming about big gills and crappies !!!
« Reply #2 on: Jul 27, 2009, 08:22 PM »
I have one and really liked it for the $$. Bottom Zoom, decent interference. You can only get that with a Vex FL-18 or 20.  I think you wont be disappointed.

Had I not found a stellar deal yestarday on a new LX-5 I would still be using it....Guess the VX-1 will go to Craigslist soon.
where did you find the deal on the lx-5 and do they have any left?
I've was on the ice and fishing Nov. 23rd 2008 and don't plan on stopping tell spring breakup 2009 !!!!

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jul 28, 2009, 06:37 AM »
Unfortunately i got the last one, it was leftover from last season....I missed the deal at reeds before they sold out, this was just a sporting website that I came accross on google. I was gonna order 2 but this was last one....

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #4 on: Jul 28, 2009, 07:18 AM »
I have had a VX-1 for the past two years without a hiccup. I love it!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Jul 28, 2009, 05:31 PM »
A friend of mine has a VX-1 and it SPANKS my FL-8 in just about every way. I think the only thing I like better about my Vex is the Ultra Pack unit. I hope there will be an LX-5 in my near future!

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Aug 22, 2009, 07:17 AM »
I just sold my VX-1 after upgrading to the LX-5. I wouldnt have sold the VX if i didnt have other purchases I wanted this summer. It was a great unit, I just wanted to upgrade to the dual beam transducer for the times i go out and fish over 40'....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.