The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Just moved to Weston County  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Djfan

• IceShanty Rookie
Just moved to Weston County
« on: Jan 01, 2023, 03:50 PM »
What are some of the options here?

What is in the lakes here?

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Just moved to Weston County
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2023, 07:09 PM »
LAK..lots of ponds around the area. GF has a map that will show stocked water and what’s present.
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline Dead Sea Cuffer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2023, 10:47 PM »
You have lak by newcastle  over run with stunted
perch. It also has  eye , brown trout,  bass and a rare tiger musky.Osage lake over run with stunted perch and some dinky 10 inch stocked bows. Turner reservoir  by Osage has dinky bows  .A small pond  in town of Newcastle called black elk pond  has dinky bows .Ponds by Upton fished out and don't get stocked maybe get a bullhead if your lucky ..  East iron Creek has brown poop cistern water and showing no signs of life. Don't go there!!!.Cook lake is chock full of small 6-10 inch undernourished stick like sardine bows with heads bigger than there bodies. Keyhole aka dead sea has some fish if you want some shoulders  ..It's got eye,pike,bass,carp,drum,crappie...
"The cuff is strutting his stuff"

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2023, 10:47 AM »
Dayum!  Sounds Brutal! ;D
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Dead Sea Cuffer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2024, 06:25 PM »
It is brutal ..The northeast corner up here in wyoming is really lacking for quality ..The lakes are either over stocked with little bows that never seem to grow much  or have been taken over by stunted perch .Keyhole is really the only decent option ..The g&f seem to hate northern pike as we only have one lake in the entire state to fish for them but they could help control the perch overwhelming the lakes  ..Throwing in some small bows  and small tiger muskies  every 6 months isnt really managing the fisheries ..
"The cuff is strutting his stuff"

Offline Special

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Old School
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2024, 11:50 AM »
There are a few fisheries that actually has the quality of fish. Not going to name them, but it took lots of trial by fire and zeros to figuring it out. You will be surprised by some. There are some hidden Gems out there. Heck Call the Game and Fish Biologist and have a chat with them and they will directed you to there access site and stocking reports. Start off by Master Anglers fish. Doing so made me stumble across some ponds that I didn't know existed. Also look closely at the Regs and access points some don't allow ice fishing. Signs that are posted are very old and hard to read and some are not in the Regs. Learn that one the hard way. Happy Hunting.
No one left behind.     

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.