Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607121 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #23160 on: Apr 12, 2021, 05:08 AM »
Marv, snow cover all gone at the shack ? 

The snow is gone and things are starting to show a slight tinge of green.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23161 on: Apr 12, 2021, 06:05 AM »

Good morning Everyone,
                        It's 40* a raining here on my hill. ::)
                        Eddie.........I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing reactions to the shot, I hope you can recover soon. :flex:
                        Bud...........With 4 million released, I hope some survive. :unsure:
                        Marv..........I'm sorry to read that the trip to "The Shack" was a wash out. :%$#!:
                        Dave.........I think we've all taken a header on a slippery step, I hope you aren't too sore this morning? ???
                        Wally.........With it being a rainy day, is the bakery open? ???
                        H2l............Well... ..How did your team do last night? ???
                        I checked on #1 and his wife, he is about the same feels like crap and she said she feels like she has a bad cold.
                        It was a lazy day around here yesterday, I did get up in to the pontoon boat and everything looks good.
                        I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #23162 on: Apr 12, 2021, 06:06 AM »
Good Monday Morning Everyone !!

15° in the hills this morning with a little bit of snow covering the truck. According to the weatherman we're headed to a high of 36° today.

The start of another work week & it's looking like a busy one. Haven't heard yet if they want us to work overtime Friday, but the day has just started. I hope not.....I could use a break from it.

Hope you all had a great weekend.....Have a good day & STAY SAFE N' HEALTHY !!!!!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23163 on: Apr 12, 2021, 06:37 AM »
47* with some light rain. Not enough to help the lake much. It has to come up 8 feet to hit its normal early May level.

Drifter, hope you are feeling better, gotta watch that "last step".

Seems that many people have been having reactions to the shots. I wonder if it could be the time of year, with everything starting to bloom.

Well, we bowled the only team that could beat us for the 2nd half title. They have had our number the last 2 times we bowled them. We needed to take 2 points from them last night. Won the 1st game by 3 pins and the 2nd game by 23 so NO roll-off, we are the season CHAMPS.

Hope everyone has a good Monday and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23164 on: Apr 12, 2021, 06:50 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....congrats  :thumbsup: :flex: :clap:

WS.....sorry Mother Nature spoiled the day  :(

Eddie.....hope you're feeling better by day's end  ;)

IW......thoughts and prayers continued for #1 and family  :-\

Drifter.....sorry you're still battling covid after effects  :'(

CapJ.....good luck with shot #2  ;)

Not much going on today, showers in the forecast  ::)  grass is getting greener and the maple trees are budding  :clap:  keeping fingers crossed there's no surprises from Mother Nature in our future   :nono:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23165 on: Apr 12, 2021, 09:15 PM »
Jeff, those fry were reported to be 1/4 " in size,  so they will have to grow fast if they are to have any chance at all.  Looks like my bank account got scammed 4 withdraws via credit card number.  Will get with the bank in the morning.

Congrads H2L  WTG.

The only reaction I had to the second pfizer shot was a 9 hour high fever.   :flex: :thumbsup:

tomorrow might be a laid back day for me, maybe get some sorting done like in the garage.

right now its ice cream time .  ;D

take care
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23166 on: Apr 13, 2021, 02:19 AM »
Good morning everyone  :bow:

32, only going up a couple more for the high. A fairly breezy day on the way with a west wind at 15mph with gusts to 22mph.

Eddie.... Hope you are firing on all cylinders again :thumbsup:

IW.... Hope the day finds #1 and wife feeling a little better. Thoughts and prayers continue for them.

WW.... It seems we are all waiting on the weather. Hope Ma Nature can decide if spring is really here or not :thumbsup:

Dave.... Hope you are feeling at least a little better today :thumbsup:

I was out in the garage puttering and decided it was time for some coffee. I have a Dentist appointment at 8am not sure what's on the agenda after that. I did hear back from the gun range and Thursday will be spent out there.

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and Stay healthy.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23167 on: Apr 13, 2021, 04:29 AM »

Good morning Marv, ER's,
                         It's 38* and partly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                         Marv........I guess sleep escaped you this morning. :whistle: Good job getting some more work at the gun range. :thumbsup:
                         H2l..........Congratul ations getting 1st place for the second round. :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
                         Eddie.......I hope you are feeling better today. Which shot did you get? ???
                         Wally.......I don't know what you heard for weather but Steve Caporizzo on channel 10m from Albany said we could get a white
               surprise Thursday night/Friday morning. :%$#!:
                         Dave.......How is your back? ???
                         Bud........Sorting the garage is a tough chore, what to keep, what to toss. :unsure:
                         Capt.......Good luck with your second shot. :thumbsup:
                         Spitzo.....Maybe things will work out that you won't have to put in the OT. :unsure:
                         Yesterday was a damp raw day here, we didn't do much. #1 son was telling me how he couldn't drink the seltzer I bought because it
               tasted real salty even though there isn't any sodium in it. Strange.
                         I have an appointment in Albany at the "VA" this morning.
                         I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23168 on: Apr 13, 2021, 05:59 AM »
40* and cloudy. They are saying we could get an inch of rain in the next day or so.

Spectrum came and hooked up their system yesterday. For some reason they couldn't move our phone number over to their network. We may have to get a new number after 55 years, what a pain.
Told the wife, "good thing we don't have many friends and we won't be getting any new ones". Funny thing is that Frontier told her that we don't have that old #, that we have been paying for, for 55 years. Maybe we will get a refund.

IW, hope #1 is doing better.

Eddie, same for you.

Have a good day and stay well....h2l

Thanks for the congrats.
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23169 on: Apr 13, 2021, 06:02 AM »
Morning all,

IW......just checked the forecast, only rain here Thursday  :clap:  you sure had my attention with the "s" word  :o  :nono:

WS.....hope all goes well with the dentist  :pinch:

IFF.....good thing you caught the withdrawals quickly  :thumbsup:  hope the bank corrects the problem asap  ;)

Eddie.....hope you're feeling better this morning  :)

Got some outside work done yesterday despite the chilly air  :flex:  rain held off until late afternoon  :thumbsup:  a couple errands this morning then back to the yard  @)

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #23170 on: Apr 13, 2021, 06:04 AM »
Good Morning Everyone !!

17° in the hills at this early hour & forecasted to reach a high of 35° today. Looks like some warmer temps headed our way for the weekend. I'll take it.....

Another fairly busy day here at the job today & it looks like the rest of the week will be less chaotic as well. Still haven't heard if we'll be working overtime or not & we're not gonna bring up the subject either.....haha.

Wish you all a great day & STAY SAFE N' HEALTHY !!!!!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #23171 on: Apr 13, 2021, 07:56 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy and 40* at the moment, high of 60 here today.

Spitz...you’ve been seeing some pretty cold temps out your way, I’m sure that warmer weather will be well received....enjoy!   :thumbsup: 
  Wally...feeling much better today, thank you! Looking forward to getting outside and getting some fresh air shortly...taking care of some lawn work like you today.   :thumbsup:
  H2...CONGRATULATIONS to you and the team taking the gold!!!  :bow:  :clap:   Hope everything works out with the phone!
  Jeff...best wishes with today’s appointment, best wishes continued for your son and family.   :thumbsup:   I got the Moderna vaccination.
  Marv...you were a real early bird this morning, must have been something very important you were tinkering with...like getting the boat ready?   :whistle: ;D
Best wishes with today’s appointment also!   :thumbsup:  Some crazy things happening again in the Minneapolis area, yikes!
  Bud...that sucks about the checking account getting hacked into, hope everything works out well today with the bank getting that straightened out!  :%$#!: :thumbsup:

Was up around the time that Marv posted, had some issues trying to get on the internet, couldn’t get on anything. All seems to be back up and running ok again now.  :cookoo:   Thank you all for the best wishes. Really not sure what the heck hit me, be it symptoms from the shot or maybe just a bug I caught. Good news is it’s passing and feeling better today...appetite is back!  :thumbsup:
  Seeing lots of robins returning and pecking away in the grass this am...might have to see about picking a few dozen crawlers this evening as the ground is saturated. Ordered a new transducer for my boat fish finder, Amazon says it  should be here tomorrow..itching to get a trip out with the old Jon boat soon.
  Time to get the hands dirty...Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23172 on: Apr 13, 2021, 08:32 AM »
Just hanging out waiting for bank to open,  Is it too early for a shot of Amaretto for the coffee ? Think there is going to be rain drops sometime today ? my knee thinks so.  :unsure: :whistle:  Who else has sensitive joints ? or bones ?

So much for time in the garage, got sidetracked, but managed to install the "stay awhile" propane kit on the RV, that allows the use of external tanks so not depleting the onboard supply.

Glad I am not waiting for the Johnson & Johnson vaccination, just heard its put on "pause" as a precaution.  Hopefully it all gets over and done soon.

Marv that going to be an all day thing at the gun range ?

Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23173 on: Apr 13, 2021, 05:01 PM »
Made it to Ohio just been working long days so far and not ending until I get home it looks like. Getting some training done a day getting room ready for a complete overhaul here in the next month and new toy goes in there. Only a cool 350,000 on room over haul and new ICP-MS going in. Then the training starts again.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23174 on: Apr 14, 2021, 04:44 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                              It's 50* here on my hill.  ::)
                              Eddie........I'm glad you are feeling better, I hope the new transducer arrives today early enough to get the Jon boat out. :thumbsup:
                              Wally.........Our weather guessers are saying 1 to 3 on Friday, I hope they are wrong like most of the time. :whistle: I guess it's only
                     in the higher elevations. :unsure:
                              Bud...........I hope your bank is as good as mine was to me, they reimbursed my account the $$$ and went after the perpetrators
                     and got their $$$ back. :flex:  No it's never too early for Amaretto in your coffee. :woot:
                              Marv.........Hope all went well at the dentist. :thumbsup:
                              H2l...........Thanks for the concerns for my son and his wife. He is doing better, he actually ate some real food Monday night. :thumbsup:
                     He said he had lost 26 lbs. since this started.  :o
                              Sptzo/Fish.......I hope you both get through the week with all the work. :flex:
                              Yesterday's appointment at the VA they did a EMG test on my left arm/hand. they put some probes put them on various fingers then
                     used a taser looking thing and sent electric shocks in to my wrist to measure how long it took to travel to the probes. Then they stuck a needle with
                     wire attached and stuk that in my upper arm in a few places, I don't know what that measured, I'll find out Friday.
                               My wife got her second shot of the Pfizer vaccine and last night she started getting the chills.
                               I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW   

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23175 on: Apr 14, 2021, 05:15 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

32 with a possible 46 by this afternoon. The guessers are still calling for a couple rounds of snizzle.

Bud....Not sure if I will be at the range for a full day tomorrow or not. The uglier the trees the more credit I get. For most of the members they have to put in 16 hours of work to pay off their dues. I have never needed to spend that much time working.

Eddie.... Hope the new ducer shows up as expected. I haven't thought much about fishing yet, but plan on some water time this year. Yes there is some some tension and unrest on this part of the map. I better keep some of my thoughts to myself.

IW..... Glad to read #1 is eating some. 26 pounds is a lot of weight to lose.

WW.... Hope you were able to get all your yard prep work done :thumbsup:

45.... Best wishes that you and your wife are doing well :thumbsup:

Yesterdays Dentist visit went well, in and out. I made it to the range for an hour of shooting despite the rain and sleet. Not sure if I will go back there today or not.

Yesterday I re-connected with a friend I went to broadcasting school with 40 years ago. It was fun visiting with him and hearing how his life's path lead him to becoming a camera man at NBC nightly news. His camera allowed him to travel all over the world and meet some pretty amazing people. He said he laughs now, but starting out he only made $4 an hour, I started out at $3.75 at a station with no heat ???  it was a fun visit.

Today I will get my junk together for sawing tomorrow. The range is only 1/2 mile from my house so if I forget something I can run back and get it.

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #23176 on: Apr 14, 2021, 05:50 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!  ;D      Fairly calm 47*, high of 66 today.  Believe I saw Jeff and Marv out in the hallway, Morning Boys!

FH4...some big $$ going into that room overhaul...not familiar with an ICP-MS machine, but I’m sure it’s one serious piece of equipment! Would be interested in finding out..hope the next few days go by quickly!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...hope the bank was able to straighten out your account yesterday!  :thumbsup:
  Dave...sending best wishes you’re feeling better today!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff...very good news on your son starting to come around, wow, he lost a lot of weight! Hope those tests you had to take come back with good results...they got me twitching thinking about them!  :thumbsup:  ;D.  My weather is showing 2-3” of that white stuff expected here.... :%$#!:
  Marv...that’s a great story behind meeting up with your old friend, thanks for sharing that!  :clap:  Imagine the videos you could have taken with one of those cameras 🎥!   ;D   

Got a few things accomplished yesterday, will get another few hours in again this morning with some mulching etc.  Not sure if the Jonboat will be making a voyage today, but it’s possible. Plan B will be trying another trout stream this afternoon that I haven’t fished in a few years.
  Got my unemployment claim filed yesterday....what a PITA again that was, but it’s done anyway. Still haven’t heard much on our jobs or the responses from the letters, plan on sending the supervisor a message Friday and see if he’s been contacted.   Cawfee’s on..
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23177 on: Apr 14, 2021, 06:01 AM »
43* and sunny. Yesterday turned out pretty nice.
IW, not a good way for #1 to drop the weight, glad he is feeling better.
Eddie, looks like you are getting into your new life style. The lake came up an inch in the past day or so, only 8 feet to go.
Haven't seen a walleye in a creek yet, no water.
Spectrum was back yesterday and got NEW phone number hooked up and then the wife talked to Frontier and was told they should be able to get our OLD number moved to Spectrum in 5 days. I guess 5 days without many phone calls is better that letting everyone know the new one. I hate CHANGE.

Have a good day and stay well..h2l
Northville, NY

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #23178 on: Apr 14, 2021, 06:16 AM »
Good Morning To Ya All !!

A fresh 14° in the hills at this hour & headed to a blistering 38° for a high.

The forecast for the weekend is still looking decent, but now says not as warm & snow showers Monday. Go figure.....springtime in the Rockies.....Gotta love it. In all seriousness tho, any extra moisture is welcome this time of year as the powers that be are already predicting a bad wildfire season.

Another fairly busy day here at work & have fingers crossed that tomorrow will actually be the last work day of the week. No word on overtime, so at this point we're thinking there won't be any.

Have a great day & STAY SAFE N' HEALTHY !!!!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23179 on: Apr 14, 2021, 06:37 AM »
Morning all,

IW......glad to hear #1 is doing better, hope he can gain a few pounds back  ;)  hope all results from the tests are good  :thumbsup:

WS.....wow, that story is quite the blast from the past, thanks for sharing  :clap: :thumbsup:

Eddie.....sounds like you're getting the hang of retirement already  :woot: :clap:

Spitz/FH4.....hope the work schedules ease up and you get some time for r&r this weekend  ;)

IFF.....fingers crossed your bank was quick to act  :-\

Another nice day on tap before some rain moves in, so far no snow in the forecast in this area (knock on wood)  @) might get the mowers fired up today  ;)

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23180 on: Apr 14, 2021, 08:56 AM »
Good Morning ER's IW glad your son and dil are getting better. Bud hope the bank takes care of you. I picked up another set of yaktrax for less than .50 and bought a little drill for home I found on CL new for 75.00. WS shoot em good.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23181 on: Apr 14, 2021, 10:00 AM »
Hope the link works for the ICP. This is what we run our UPA product through for PPT analytical
https://www.agilent.com/en/product/atomic-spectroscopy/inductively-coupled-plasma-mass-spectrometry-icp-ms/icp-ms-instruments/8900-triple-quadrupole-icp-ms
There are many applications that this can be used for and with the legalized drugs these are getting more use over in that application as well.

Snowing at home with some closed roads today hopefully won't impact travel Friday to get home. More OT going each day so far have a good safe middle of the week.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23182 on: Apr 14, 2021, 10:10 AM »
Happy Humpday Everyone, It’s been crazy here. My wife had her MRI of her head and we hadn’t heard from the neurologist so we figured everything was ok. My wife went to her cardiologist who is in the same hospital and she pulled up the results. Turns out my wife has 4 nodules connected to her brain. We finally found out that they weren’t cancerous. She still has memory issues and anger issues as well as being tired all the time. She has to do another sleep study again. I’m waiting to get the appointment for the permanent placement of the neuro stimulator.

Old Goat, Looks like you got some good deals.

WallyWorld, Hopefully the mowers fire right up.

Spitzo, Hopefully you get some R&R time this weekend.

Hunts2long, Hopefully the lake comes up to where it should be. Congratulations on your win. That’s good your going to be able to keep your old number.

Mason Eddie, Hope your able to get out on the water today.

Whopper Stopper, Have fun at the range today. Sounds like tomorrow is going to be a busy day.

Ice Wanderer, Prayers for your son and his wife. That’s a lot of weight to lose. I hated when they did the Emg test on my arm after my accident.

IFF, Hopefully the bank reimbursed you your money and finds out who hacked into your account.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23183 on: Apr 14, 2021, 11:21 AM »
FH4 you can send the snow directly east, I will take some rain though.  Don't think Marv wants the snow either.

Yes the trip to the bank was productive,  at least 60% has already been refunded, they took down the information from the statement identifying the charges, and will file for the remainder that was withdrawn.

For now I should say I am "O-Fish ally retired, the store doesn't know it yet  :whistle: Just that I haven't been in for a couple days.

Wow just looked out the patio door and see a crow chasing a hawk off.  :woot: :o from the color it was a red tail hawk.

think the rest of this hump day I should bag up some clutter and have it ready for trash collector Friday.

still chances of frozen mix for my hill.

take care all, and pass the creamer.....Please
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23184 on: Apr 14, 2021, 06:56 PM »
Been above freezing for the last couple of days.  :'(
Had to go throw the shorts on.  ;)

I need it to stay frosty for a couple more weeks so I can get my T&G pine out to the cabin.

Got the registration done on the SxS so I can now run around town legally. :)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #23185 on: Apr 14, 2021, 10:06 PM »
Good evening high in the low seventies today and could hear lawn mowers running . I contacted the property management company on Monday to alert them to rusted and weakened  steps on the stair cases leading to two laundry rooms good timing for me as there was a board of directors meeting on Tuesday received an Email saying the stairs would be added to list of maintenance projects but funds are tight at this time and one of the buildings here needs to have it's boiler replaced. Hopefully they put up signs alerting people to the danger I'm concerned about a possible law suit when one of the rusted steps gives way and someone is injured. The complex is almost sixty years old and for a number of years routine maintenance was not preformed on the buildings . In the past ten years building roofs have been shingled, the parking lot paved and seal coated and some work done on side walks and front entry steps. Guess I will see an increase in next year's monthly maintenance fees so there is more money available to due things.
Eddie may your daughters have a good trip and not bring anything besides memories and photos from their friends wedding. Good to read you have file paperwork for unemployment.
Ice Wanderer glad your son's health is improving may he and his wife be over the virus  before to long. May your doctor be happy with results from the EMG test. Also may your wife be over her reaction to second Covid vaccine shot.
Whopper Stopper nice that you reconnected with an old friend i'm sure he has many interesting stories to share from his years work for NBC Nightly news. Best to you with the gun range tree work. Also may things stay peaceful and calm in the greater twin cities area.
Hunts2long nice that you are able to keep your current phone number. Congratulations to you and your teammates on winning the bowling league championship.
SpitzoMT may you get the moisture needed to make for a better wildfire season this year. I hope you do not see any over  time this week.
Wallyworld glad you got a bike ride in over the weekend and got to enjoy some ice cream. Weather guessers are calling for rain also over the next two days in my area.
Old Goat good scores from Craigslist.
Fish/hunt4ever hefty price tag for the room remodels and new equipment assume the upgrades are needed to keep your employer's product high grade.
Icefisher-45 good that you now know the cause of your wife's problems may her doctor come up with a treatment plan. Best to you whenever the permanent stimulator is installed.
Iff good to hear the bank has refunded some of the funds stolen from your accounts. Best to you with being retired once again sorry things did not work out with camper's World.
Capt.Jim may you not have any reaction to your second vaccine shot. May your wife have a nice time in Cabo and like Eddie's daughter not bring home anything unwanted from her trip.
Drifter hope you are feeling better and get more of the trail at cabin widened this weekend. Good to read the SXS is now registered .may the cooler weather and ice last until you have the T&G pine at your cabin.
Tomturkey may you and your family be doing alright ,i saw a news story about Covid cases rising in Michigan.
OldSailor may things be good for you and your family. i hope your hand is healing well and you have been able to do some work in your garden.

To all who may see some snow in the coming days may the snow fall totals be low and it melt quickly. Stay safe and healthy. best to all fishing.
  Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23186 on: Apr 15, 2021, 04:41 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                                  It's 49* and cloudy, light rain fell overnight. ::)
                                  Marv.........That was an interesting story from your friend visit. :thumbsup: How did you go from broadcasting to tree surgeon? ???
                                  Eddie safe travels to your daughter. :thumbsup: I guess unemployment claims have been on line, not because of the pandemic, but
                     it's been that way for a while. :whistle: My wife got a letter from Dept of Labor saying she didn't qualify for benefits, apparently someone
                     has tried to use her information to apply, I hope they catch the *****s. :%$#!:
                                  Wally.........I think Eddie and I will se some accumulation overnight tonight. :cookoo:
                                  Bud...........Happy Retirement. :thumbsup: :clap:
                                  H2l............We are getting a new phone carrier and internet company in out area, SLIC. They are coming May 4th to hook us up and
                      they claim that we will keep our number right off the bat. :whistle:
                                  I-45...........Sorry to hear about your wife's condition, I hope they can come up with a remedy. :flex:
                                  I talked to MW #1 son last night and he's feeling way better, he said the Tuesday night he could smell dinner being cooked and could
                       taste most of it. He even went out side and unloaded his work trailer but felt drained.
                                  Today is my wife's Birthday.
                                  I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23187 on: Apr 15, 2021, 05:17 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

38 heading into the 50's by days end. It should be dry today :thumbsup:

45.... Thoughts and prayers for your wife, I hope there is a plan in place.

Bud.... Congratulations on retirement :thumbsup:

Dave.... You will be the talk of the town running around on the "Beast" :thumbsup:

WW.... Did you get the mowers fired up?

IW.... Glad to read #1 is feeling better :thumbsup: Happy Birthday to your wife :clap: :clap: To answer your question.... When I got out of High school a buddy got me a job at Asplundh Tree. I worked and traveled with them for a couple years until there was a parting of ways. That's when I went to School for broadcasting, working trees as I went. When I went to my first radio station my tree work stopped. Small market radio is a 6 day a week job with 10-12hr days. For the first 3-4 years in radio at the time $500- $600 a month was normal. Even back then doing tree work I could make the same money in 3-4 days. It only took 3 years and I got tired of beating my head on the wall for nothing. Eventually I got a job at another small market station closer to home, so I was again able to do trees on the side to help pay for my radio job. Unfortunately the money won out and I got back to trees full time. That's about it in a nut shell. A person always wonders if I could have hung on for a while longer if a big break would of came along ???

Time to gather and load my saws. The gun range at 7am.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay say and stay healthy.

WS 

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23188 on: Apr 15, 2021, 05:47 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Supposed to get 1to 2” of rain over the next few days. My wife is home today and tomorrow then she’s working the weekend. Hoping she’ll get some rest today.

Whopper Stopper, Thank you for sharing your story. Hopefully the tree work at the range isn’t to bad.

Ice Wanderer, are you having a party to celebrate your wife’s birthday? Continuing prayers for your son and his wife. Prayers you get good news about your emg test.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. God Bless

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23189 on: Apr 15, 2021, 06:06 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....Happy birthday wishes to MrsIW  :thumbsup: sounds like #1 has turned the corner  :clap: 

WS.....thanks for answering IW's  ???  I was wondering the same thing  :blink:

IF45....hope the docs can help Mrs45 feel better  ;)

IFF....I'm sure Campers World will miss you, enjoy retirement  :clap:  glad your bank was able to get you some $$ back so quickly  :clap:

Eddie....safe travels to your daughters  ;)2  glad you were able to get your claim filed again  :thumbsup:  can you start collecting right away or is there a waiting period before benefits begin  ???

H2L.....good to hear you can get your old # back  :clap:  hope Spectrum works out well for you  :whistle:

The first mowing of 2021 is in the books  :flex:  :thumbsup: also got the mulching done and some flowers transplanted   @)  now it's rain for a couple days  ::) 

FH4.....so you're kind of like "Abbey" from NCIS right  ???  :whistle:  :roflmao:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.