Author Topic: Lures  (Read 2139 times)

Offline crappiemaster

• IceShanty Rookie
Lures
« on: Dec 15, 2004, 06:22 PM »
If you had to pick one lure based on its effectivness, what would you pick?

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lures
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2004, 08:44 PM »
JamminJigs orange bobber fry for some reason accounted for 2/3 of my gills, perch and crappie last year, worked all summer under a slip bobber also. Granted it was on one of the rods getting wet nearly all the time but if they want it I'll show it to them.

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2004, 09:47 PM »
Probably either a custom jigs and spins demon, or a custom jigs and spins shrimpo or ratso. Other lures like jigging raps, genz worms, and other tear drops are great. I would pick the shrimpo though, a #6 in white glow if I had to choose one crappie lure.

Tyler
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

A-BOMB guy

« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2004, 10:56 PM »
I haven't had any luck on neutral fish unless it sits horizontal and is natural (black also) most of the hits are SLIGHT LIFTS. We sight fish alot and you can't belive how fast they suck it in and blow it back out.

UnderCoverBrother

« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2004, 04:04 PM »
Custom Jigs and Spins #6 Demons in orange/glow, green/glow colors! I always use a wax worm and outfish the guys using minnows 5-1! :o

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2004, 04:19 PM »
Yeah I think you generally always have to tip your jigs with waxies, maggots, mealies, or crawler pieces. Having sonar is a must for crappies because they suspend so much and they hit very light so you need to know when they are there.

Tyler
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.