Author Topic: Where did they go?  (Read 1410 times)

Offline SDFlagChaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Where did they go?
« on: Feb 06, 2009, 04:41 PM »
There is a small dam I fish quiet frewquently near my hometown.  Early ice and even just a few weeks ago, I was catching crappies in about 7 ft of water.  I would go out for a few hours and catch a handful of crappies and a bunch of gills, out of the same hole.  The last two trips out there, I have still located to gills, but the crappies are no where to be found, have not even seen them on the camera.  This little damn does go down to 25 ft, so I am thinking they might be suspended, but there is no cover in the deep water.  I was catching them before around some trees and weeds around 5-7 ft deep.  Should I try the deeper water and try to locate them? (i have a vex also) or shoul dI just keep fishing around the timber in the 7ft water hoping they will just come back?

Offline btechvft70

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Where did they go?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2009, 04:49 PM »
Chances are that they moved out deeper Take your vex and drill until you find them don't just drill a hole and fish over the deeper water and hope to stumble across them. I wont fish until I locate what I a looking for
Dave

Offline iluvcrappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The real sports in life Bowhunting and Icefishing
Re: Where did they go?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2009, 07:25 PM »
drill drill and drill some more...........the crappies like to school up very large so finding them will be easy since you have a flasher to help you..........check out the deeper water this time of year.......they like to hang over the deeper waters suspended off the bottom.........I have fished in 22fow and caught fish 15 ft off the bottom..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.