The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Turkey  (Read 1588 times)

Offline LoveIce

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Turkey
« on: Apr 16, 2005, 03:38 PM »
The state is giving every one who didnt get a turkey permit who tried this year you will get One I justgot  A season  any helpers  ;D
YOU DONT HAVE A FLASHER what are you nuts.

Sir Catchalot

Re: Turkey
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16, 2005, 09:11 PM »
did you have to pay to claim it like the people that got drawn had to?  ???

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #2 on: Apr 17, 2005, 05:29 AM »
this is form the IF&W site...

Hunters who were not selected in the February lottery will receive a letter notifying them of their eligibility, and designating whether they are able to hunt during the A or B season. These hunters must pay for their permit at the Augusta headquarters of the Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife, by returning their letter with a check or money order, or by paying for their permit online at www.mefishwildlife.com . Turkey permit fees of $13 for a resident or $43 for a nonresident. Hunters must also possess a big game hunting license to hunt turkeys

Sir Catchalot

« Reply #3 on: Apr 17, 2005, 05:57 PM »
I think this is largely brought on by a severe shortage of money...it seems like the department has been making very poor decisions when they are really feeling the heat of poverty.  Just look at Lavigne's retirement...tell me he was not getting fed up with all the BS

I am glad for the people who didnt get drawn; on the other hand it kind of t's me off because this was not a very well thought out solution to their problems.  There are going to be a lot of dangerous situations this year due to all the hunters crammed into the two seasons.  All I can say is that I am glad that I am hunting with a bow!

Offline LoveIce

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 17, 2005, 07:04 PM »
 :-\ AHHHH they are shoting guns  ::)
YOU DONT HAVE A FLASHER what are you nuts.

Sir Catchalot

« Reply #5 on: Apr 17, 2005, 07:15 PM »
hunting with a bow in a no discharge of firearms area...sorry that was confusing  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.