Author Topic: Snowdog and Clam X300  (Read 660 times)

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Snowdog and Clam X300
« on: Mar 11, 2019, 04:47 PM »
The Clam is huge and heavy (over 200 pounds).
The snow is deep and the Dog made it happen!
Had lots of family issues after Christmas and this is the first time out with all the stuff.
Testing everything and getting ready for my brother at the end of the week to show him how it is done.

Caught my limit of Lake Trout with one very nice one.

Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Snowdog and Clam X300
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2019, 06:37 PM »
Congrats Gunflint!   Glad you were finally able to get out and test all of your new gear!  Awesome!

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline Hookerhooker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2019, 08:24 PM »
I love showing my brother what's up!!

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2019, 06:32 AM »
I have only needed my snowdog for one trip out all season. Dragging my giant Otter XL Pro Resort requires the dog just like your giant clam. I only use it when I have company fishing with me and a good coat of snow on top. This season started very slow with ice forming early and then melting and then reforming finally so we could even get on it. Right now we have good ice of over a foot thick but the days are so nice I don't need the shanty at all and can get a nice sun tan while out in 30 degree + temps. My favorite lake got beat to death at the beginning of the season when the ice melted and the winds tore a deep trench right at the launch ramp and then they dropped the water level by about 4 feet. I could get on but getting back off would be near impossible with the shanty and dog and no one is even trying to fish the lake this entire season. I have been fishing the ponds and lakes that are not involved in the hydro electric system of the bigger and much more productive reservoirs. Trout season opens here in two weeks and we usually have wide open waters for boat fishing but I will be out on the ice this year on April 1 unless we get a bunch of warm with heavy rains. This has been one of the strangest winters I have seen here in a long time. We never did get much of the below zero weather common for here and very little snow so far. The few days I did go out with my 2 man guide shanty were glare ice and a small poodle could have pulled the gear. Friends up in the UP have the most snow they have seen in years while I have mostly grass out in the lawn. The jet stream has gone either north or south of us and we were right in the middle for almost every snow event this entire winter. I do have a serious fear now because we could get a blizzard any time now through early April that dumps a few feet of snow and then melts way too fast and floods all the rivers and streams. The Delaware river this time of year normally has huge ice jambs but it is flowing with no or very little ice right now.

Gam
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.