Author Topic: Marcum Brute battery  (Read 938 times)

Offline SDFlagChaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Marcum Brute battery
« on: Dec 29, 2021, 09:50 AM »
I’ve been wanting to pick up a lithium battery for my HBird for a couple years and the sportsman’s warehouse next to the lake I am fishing over the weekend has some in stock. I was going to order an amped, but if I can just pick a battery up on the way, I’d prefer that. What are everybody’s thoughts on the marcum brute working in an ICE55?

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Marcum Brute battery
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2021, 09:52 AM »
It would probably last about 4 days of fishing.

I get 16 hours with a 4ah with my ice35
EYECONICFISHING

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2021, 10:27 AM »

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline SDFlagChaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2021, 10:46 AM »
Bit really wondering about running times, as I know it will be much better than my SLA. wondering about the overall quality

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2021, 11:04 AM »
Bit really wondering about running times, as I know it will be much better than my SLA. wondering about the overall quality

All SLA drop in replacement type LiFePO4 batteries are the same for the most part. There really is not a quality difference, they all are made in china with the same cells and a cheap BMS tossed on top and shipped out. The only difference is that some companies use recycled or used cells or just cheaper quality cells in them that may not last as many cycles. But even if it has the "cheaper" cells, you are talking 1,000 cycles instead of 2,000+. I dont think I will be alive for 1,000 more trips on the ice personally....

You get a decent name behind it for warranty purposes with the marcum, not that Amped wouldn't honor warranty also. A buddy of mine has the brutes and says they work fine for him.

You'll never even come close to using the battery in a day of fishing, so just charge when you get home and it warms up. It should last about 2,000 trips, I assume whoever marcum has contracted to make them in china is using new cells. If not, maybe only 1,000 trips on the ice. There is really nothing to worry about, quality wise.

EYECONICFISHING

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.